altText

Granny house conversion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Granny house conversion - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 8:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi Guys

Below is the little granny house we were going to knock down and put a new build on there but if we do that, the mayor says we still have to go though the planning permission however, we can renovate the existing building and add a second floor s this property is on the skitxa. So here is the building my question is at each end of the house there is about a meter of concrete - could we extend the wall or even one wall to that so we can get the jeep in from the front rather that the side.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 7:45 am

Sound about right for a Bulgarian build at least there is a roof [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm sure it will all be right at the end of the day it's just the Bulgarian way they tend to work backwards. Granny house conversion - Page 8 794030042
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 8:52 am

oddball wrote:
Don't know why we had to have such a big boulder and why is was not flat rather than upright beats me I can only think this was because the metal was that shape, but hey I am a woman what do I know!! :Very funny 2:but logic thinking such as
1) the garage doors to be broough to the front otherwise they will not open back
2) the landing needs to be extended as too small for larger items like furniture and boxes
3) the position of the toilet upstairs it was almost in the middle of the room
4) landing at the top of the stairs as need to put stuff down to open the door
5) Insulating the whole ceiling rather that a strip here and there
6) no step leading into the garage
need I go on
Granny house conversion - Page 8 3367882216

The builders in Turkey where the same and had their own agenda and what they wanted to do, but it wasn't the same agenda as the person they were working for. It was always advisable to watch them to check what they were up to. Turkish owners would bring a chair out into the garden early in the morning and watch them all day!

Granny house conversion - Page 8 794030042 Granny house conversion - Page 8 794030042 Granny house conversion - Page 8 794030042
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 10:35 pm

No builders for the past week won't be back until Monday now and that is if they have finshed the Mayors faters house, unfortunately two properties caught fire and the roofs were burnt, the father s in hosptal and the mayor wants the houses sorted before he come out. Mind you he did come and ask me is it ok for George to go and do he work.maybe 3 days. Naturally I said no problem. It is not a problem really here is only a little finishiing off to do and put the cladding on the wall. Dougie and I have been in there filling the plasterboard and Dougie built the cubicl for the toilet and handbasin..

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 4:13 pm

Two bulder back today - one filled some of the plasterboard at the top o the stairway we did not get up to the other started on the cladding it is lookiing good - The got half way round so tomorrow they should finish and then group.

Under the balcony was a wasted area so Dougie build a wall all round it and put in metal doors, now we stored the tools in one and the wood in the other - now the garage is built we can fill the who underneath with wood - we also have the cellar the middle door so can us that for wood too as no water gets in now. Today we put the white waterproof adhesive on the walls we will paint it yellow or clad it next year. No point in doing it now until the driveway is done.

The make do nets are a god send - we can sit ourside in peace and we eat outside ll he tie now. Next year we wil lhave proper pvc with nets made in brown so it fits with the villa. It is coming together now at last. Still have to work out how to do a driveway and gates

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 6:52 pm

Well finally here we are 69 days later and the garage/apartment is finished to Bulgarian standard............. Over all George did a good job in the building but finishing off does not seem to be part of the job things like screeding the upstairs floor and the stairs, making good the concrete around the toilet bends, window ledges putting the nets back on the windows the is still some rubbing down on the plasterboarding done on the landing, getting rid of the rubbish. I guess we will have to do the jobs ourselves as he has finished. We will discuss the bill on Monday I have paid him up until end of August but there are days they only worked 2 and 3 hours and I am not paying 220kev a day for 2 hours work, plus several days there were 3 men on site not 4 so will see how it goes. I will present hiim with my calculations when he has given his to me - assuming his is highter of course, if lower I will say T do come again.... c Granny house conversion - Page 8 1536469901 We are please with the it. Now we need to sort out french drainage so we don't get water logged, but the gounds will have to be levelled out first and I don't know how to go about that yet.... There are no jcb around here, so it might be everyone come with a spade Granny house conversion - Page 8 3367882216

Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 5:22 pm

Looking good Granny house conversion - Page 8 570106603 get the old man out there now doing the garden [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 5:35 pm

Well done to you both :Clap:you should be very proud of it and well done to the builders to. Granny house conversion - Page 8 2706089290
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 6:17 pm

That's fantastic Berni you deserve a medal for seeing that through Granny house conversion - Page 8 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Granny house conversion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8