altText

Granny house conversion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Granny house conversion Empty
PostSubject: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 8:29 am

Hi Guys

Below is the little granny house we were going to knock down and put a new build on there but if we do that, the mayor says we still have to go though the planning permission however, we can renovate the existing building and add a second floor s this property is on the skitxa. So here is the building my question is at each end of the house there is about a meter of concrete - could we extend the wall or even one wall to that so we can get the jeep in from the front rather that the side.

Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 3:14 pm

oddball wrote:
Hi Guys

Below is the little granny house we were going to knock down and put a new build on there but if we do that, the mayor says we still have to go though the planning permission however, we can renovate the existing building and add a second floor s this property is on the skitxa. So here is the building my question is at each end of the house there is about a meter of concrete - could we extend the wall or even one wall to that so we can get the jeep in from the front rather that the side.

Don't know about the wall, but the cottage looks nice!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 5:45 pm

I can't believe someone lived in there just inside the door there is a stone fireplace and then a door to a larger room with wiindows. Not sure if the crack goes all the way through will have clear it out as wood stored there.
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 5:44 am

Hi Berni
Does the skitza give the footprint of the build? that should tell you if the concrete around it is included in the build.?
Are foundations strong enough for a second floor?
Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 8:04 am

bulgariabill wrote:
Hi Berni
Does the skitza give the footprint of the build? that should tell you if the concrete around it is included in the build.?
Are foundations strong enough for a second floor?
Bill

Unfortunately Bill we have no skitza, we were only ever given 2 A4 peices of paper with the info on them - When we went to the planning office they told us the property was in two parts the main house and the granny house whch was on the skitza. Where the crack is we will take this part away and rebuild, will have to wait to see what the builder says about a second floor, it could be that we can't build up. The inside floor is concrete but we will know more a little later. The city deputy mayor said we cannot build without a visa permit but we can renovate the granny house but cannot go outside the bounderies of the existiing building - we can build up.
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 8:21 am

itchyfeet wrote:
oddball wrote:
Hi Guys

Hi Berni
Thought you had the skitza, I take it the 2x A4 papers is the sale agreement of the plot? you have no document that shows your plot with boundaries or size of builds? they should be in existence somewhere but on the face of it, it sounds like the footprint is the build, as you have been told you can rebuild that. New builds will come under the new EU Build regs hence the visa application

Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 10:04 am

g thanks Bill. I suppose if needed we can get a copy of the skitza for now will just see what the builder says when he comes. Will keep you updated. c
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 9:18 pm

7am this morning Dotcho and Ivan were at the gate I was only up about 10 minutes myself whereas Dougie had been up since 5.30am. They had come to help take the roof off. We started to work when Petu and small Ivan came along and the roof tiles were all off in no time. About 9.30 is the builder Gorgie came with his wife so not dressed for work. He wanted to know what type of building we wanted etc etc. He told the group that he would get a jcb in to knock down the building but the group were not too pleased with that they wanted to save the materials and they cost quite a bit. Withing half an hour they all left not really sure what had happened,. I had all the stuff out for a BBQ lunch too. Wehad to go to the builders house to get on the internet for Google translation and what he propose to do. We were there until about 12.30 he would go to town today and get the prices and let me know he cost. But tomorrow he would be at our place to knock down the whole building. When he tooks us home again we told him to drop us off at the top as it is difficult to get his car out now with the long weeds past our place. We walked down the lane and heard voices and upon approaching our place we could see Ivan nd Ginka Dotcho and Yvanka they had come back and taken the big half the roof off stacking materals, wood, blocks, bricks. We were very surprised thise 70 year old people just got on with climbing ladders and litiing heaving beams etc amazing...

I was so glad that we could now have the BBQ so I went into the villa and started cookiing the meat on the electric BBQ all the other stuff was ready only needed heating and then to make a fresh salad again everything was ready only to cut it up. We had lovely BBQ and to my surprise they ate everything on their plates. I also had a spicy chilli con canie, and my sepcial bean rice with various spices as well as the sticky rice and three types of pasta dishes. They loved it all. When I have had the to dinner in the past they would only pick at the food but I have been cookiing for Ginka every other day whilst she has broken wrist and they eat things they have not seen before like shephards pie, cottage pie, bread and butter pudding, apple or peach crumble - Ginka takes a small bit to taste it and if she likes it than will give it to Ivan telling him 'no go habobo' So i have now offically been accepted as cook... g Ginka makes me laugh one would think I had never cooked before. I have been cooking for 30 years but to see her face when she tastes my food is a picture, she is so very surprised :Granny house conversion 3897195628:

Here are a few pictures of the granny house roof being taken off

Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:11 am

Good start can't wait to see it finished Granny house conversion 570106603
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 4:46 pm

So is it a wood shed ? or a dog house for Douggie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Granny house conversion 739492727
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 7:22 pm

BGTRAVELLER wrote:
So is it a wood shed ? or a dog house for Douggie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Granny house conversion 739492727

Granny house conversion 2381841692

The builders came today at 8am and stayed till 12.30 two of them knocked down the smaller part of the roof nd the interal flooring unfortunately the builder slipped and fell back causiing a huge bruse on his back they work stopped. I could see they were nearing the end and asked if they wanted the ladders to walk on but he said no, no problem, did I see an accident waiting to happen? Health and Safety na........ :Granny house conversion 3897195628:
They will not be back now until Monday next week with a JCB - I have a feeling the breaide will be around long before than...

This is the house now

Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 7:46 pm

Another couple of days and it will look as good as new [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
stigofthedump
Senior user
Senior user
stigofthedump

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 9:03 pm

You could let it as a holiday let Granny house conversion 1865348797
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 9:48 am

Today Dougie and I are clearing up the mess - stacking the good wood and cutting up the rest for firewood. Only problem we have is where to store the cut up wood now have to try erect some kind of wood shelter maybe.. The builder won't be back until Monday with the JCB to clear the rubbish I said dig a big hole the garden other side of the granny house put everthing inside so then we can have make raised patio or area for growing veg but Dougie turned his nose up at it... He has no imagination, Granny house conversion 3998065313 if things are in the way they are no good and he says they have to go out - He wants rid of all the roof slates and other materials that are all good and can be cleaned up wit hthe pressure washer. I have put my food down very firmly g and said no they stay , they will be use for something at some time.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 11:17 am

Well the granny house is down wood and bricks and slates saved not sure what for as builder is not inlined to use them. We used some of the rubble for the patio we are making for the haammock we can also use the wood and slates and make wooden gazebo.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Granny house conversion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next