altText

Granny house conversion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Granny house conversion - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 8:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi Guys

Below is the little granny house we were going to knock down and put a new build on there but if we do that, the mayor says we still have to go though the planning permission however, we can renovate the existing building and add a second floor s this property is on the skitxa. So here is the building my question is at each end of the house there is about a meter of concrete - could we extend the wall or even one wall to that so we can get the jeep in from the front rather that the side.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 7:02 am

31st Aug - last day of month 3 and this is where we are - they are one builder down so everything is going at snail pace now. It has take n them all day to put up the poly without the brown bits on and this does not include the front or back sides. They also added the brwn tags today. Dougie has almost finished the insulation inside on the roof hiimself. g

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 7:46 pm

Upate on the and 9t Sept they spent the last 4 days finishing the insulaiton outide then covering it with cement only got a little bit to do now and then another coat of stuff goes on. Getting a little fed up with it all now need to get it finihed and get the place back to ourselves again... Now I know what people mean when they say they are sick of livingo na building site :Granny house conversion - Page 6 3897195628:
Back to top Go down
BGIan
Junior user
Junior user
BGIan

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 9:24 pm

Its looking good and a job being done well, thanks again for sharing
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 8:29 pm

The outside insluation is now covered just a little bit at the front at the bottom to do. The window openings are squared off ready for the new windows when the window people come to measure up tomorrow. Today the builders put the plasterboard upand tucked in some fiberglass insulation - we are so glad we put the polysterene up ourselves as thre would not be much warmth in the little bit of fiberglass they used..

We went to see the ironmonger todsy the garage doors are beiing made they are massive a span of 3.5 mts two doors with a small opening door build in one side. and windows wit grills at the top. They will be Mde of steel he is also making the small window in the garage all steel downstairs He said 1000lev mybe a little more as he has to add grills Tomorow probably another 1000 to 15000 to supply and fit 5 windows and nets. so if thst is the case we are now up to 24,000 lev still have e floors and bathroom to buy materials for. Price is creEping up by the day. :Granny house conversion - Page 6 3897195628:

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 7:40 pm

11th sept today they finished of the plasterboarding in the ceiling and started on the walls they got a lot done all around the windws are done too so coming on g

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 7:16 am

Ok got the Ironmonger to measure the garage door and the side window, ordered now they will be made of steel with double doors and a small door in one side along with glass and grills on the top of the garage door for light and side window all hand made and fitted will be 1100lev so am happy with that. Plaman has done work for us before he is good and his prices are much good too will be fitted on 17rh

Plaman's friend came to measure up the windows he will fit 5 windows with nets where applicabe for 900lev this is 400 cheaper than the frst chap - so the are all ordered now and will be fitted on 24th

Next is the inside doors but will get them once the floors are done no rush

14th sept today I went up to Baba Ginka's to look at the new patio door and two windows fitted. I was totally gobsmacked. How on earth do these window companies get work. They litrually pull out the existiing windows breaking all the walls around the window openings. Then they put thier windows in add a few wedges of wood to level the windows add few screws than sparay expnding foam all round the window frame and hey presto windows fitted. She has fly screen door fitted too but there is a 4"
gap at the bottom so the flies can get in, they need to build a step now. It is just awful workman ship they left all the rubbish and empty spray cans behind. I thought they would be back tomorrow to cut the expnding foam off and make good the windows but nooooooooooooooooo this is not how it is done in BG., you have to get myster in to do that, shocking, I guess they will do that with our new windws on 24th too. Dougie will make good Ginka's windows and doors , get practice for doing our Granny house conversion - Page 6 2345823347
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 9:07 am

That looks nice and cosy for when your in the dog house [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 11:53 am

davshaz wrote:
That looks nice and cosy for when your in the dog house [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

An the way he is going at the monent that won't be tooooooooooooooo long Granny house conversion - Page 6 794030042

Her are pictues of yesterday 15th sept

Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 12:41 pm

It's coming along nicely Granny house conversion - Page 6 3367882216
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 2:41 pm

Would you believe it, of all the day today the garage doors arrived - the floor in the garage is rubble. Tomorrow it will be rainiing so they had to get the doors out to us today., they have spent all day with the water and show all 4 of them to do a small shower I have to keep away from them at this stage Granny house conversion - Page 6 794030042
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 4:43 pm

oddball wrote:
Would you believe it, of all the day today the garage doors arrived - the floor in the garage is rubble. Tomorrow it will be rainiing so they had to get the doors out to us today., they have spent all day with the water and show all 4 of them to do a small shower I have to keep away from them at this stage Granny house conversion - Page 6 794030042

I believe that I would have to keep away from them as well, let's hope tomorrow goes smoothly for you both.

:oops: 😢 :mad: :Hair:
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 6:15 pm

itchyfeet wrote:
they have spent all day with the water and show all 4 of them to do a small shower I have to keep away from them at this stage Granny house conversion - Page 6 794030042

Oh big apologies to my builders Granny house conversion - Page 6 2345823347 I got it wrong Granny house conversion - Page 6 2345823347 After they dug out and leveled the garage floor the two went upstairs to sand down the plasterboard and the other two were fitting the shower cubical and making good so better keep get my facts right next time before I say anythiing else eh !!

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:10 pm

17th Sept update... Today the last of the sanding down done on the plasterboard, the soakaways done in the shower the plasterboard done in the shower and all the pipes have isolation points. They also started working out the staris but it is very steep so have to work something else out, George will come back tomorrow with a new plan. If I don't like something we come up with a comprimise then he goes home, he must think about it all night an d comes back with a better solution the next day so I geuss he will do that tomorrow. Its coming on now

Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 9:24 am

oddball wrote:
17th Sept update... Today the last of the sanding down done on the plasterboard, the soakaways done in the shower the plasterboard done in the shower and all the pipes have isolation points. They also started working out the staris but it is very steep so have to work something else out, George will come back tomorrow with a new plan. If I don't like something we come up with a comprimise then he goes home, he must think about it all night an d comes back with a better solution the next day so I geuss he will do that tomorrow. Its coming on now

It's all coming along nicely Berni. I have taken some pictures of our stairs because we had the same problem when they were enclosed within the house from being an outside staircase. If the builder had followed the stairs all the way to the bottom, the outside wall would have been even longer and gone out of line with the house. So I asked the builder to do three stairs going towards them and putting a small landing on. Oh . . . the last picture is of our baby puppy Chloe, she is eight months old!! She was saved from a disused barn along with her brothers and sisters on New Years Eve by an English couple. Goodness knows what size she will be when fully grown.

s s s s

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 12:57 pm

Thank Itchy that looks fine and love the dog.

The problem we have is the stairs will be very steep we had plnned an l shape but the ceiling of the garage will be too low so now he has planned circular steps at the bottom a platform and steps up this is the angel we have to work with George is sitting on the platform, I wanted a photo of the stairs but they all thought it was a photo of them c but you can see the staris also these are the garage doors fitted today along with the small window total cost 1180lev Have to get toughened glass so will by that ourselves

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Granny house conversion   Granny house conversion - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Granny house conversion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next