altText
altText
altText

LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bops

LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?! Empty
PostSubject: LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?!   LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 11:39 am

Hello :)

We have a petrol Hyundai Santa Fei &
it eats the stuff! Wanting to have an LPG gas conversion done, just wondering if anyone's done this and how much it cost them?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?!   LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 11:45 am

I was searching the net for sometime for the same information and I came up with this, I can't recommend or say I have spoken to anyone about it yet but it might help you I have copied the information I have below.

My name is Charlie and I'm local installer(Sofia, Bulgaria) on LPG and CNG systems.
I work with this systems [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. The LPG/CNG ECU it's maid in Sofia and all components it's Italian.
On my shop I convert most popular cars like: Fiat, Honda, BMW, Renault, Chrysler, Rover, Volvo, Opel, Citroen, Mercedes etc.
My shop is legal installer and have all regulation for this conversions.
I have idea to make a small vacations for England people coming to Sofia, Bulgaria with cars. May be skiing into Sofia or most popular place Bansko ski resort for one week and I'll convert the car into LPG or CNG.
For information’s or business contacts: GSM +359 8998 03330 or e-mail: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Best regards

Charlie
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?!   LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 11:58 am

we thought of converting our ford focus, but the newer the car, the more complex the converstion. the computerized fuel management system is more complex than older cars and the focus had limited room for converstion. what should have cost 400 levs, would have cost me 2,000 levs. making it not financially viable. LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?! 927475117
Back to top Go down
Bops

PostSubject: Re: LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?!   LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Thanks for the replies, so was that someone local to you who did it? I have seen places in Stara Zagora that do it, will have to go in and see what they quote. So between 400 and 2000!
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?!   LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:17 pm

converstions are popular, most villages will have someone that can do them, be it a garage or workshop. g
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?!   LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:35 pm

starlite wrote:
conversations are popular, most villages will have someone that can do them, be it a garage or workshop. g

I think your right starlite most villages seem to have experts that can do almost anything so it may be work making so enquiries in the village and if no one in the village does it then they will almost certainly know who does, let us know how you get on LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?! 3356871870
Back to top Go down
neilythere!
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?!   LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 12:15 pm

I have a LPG (factoryfitted Volvo )but i didnt realise that the english insurance companies have a united policy that they will only incure lpg vehicles if you have a receipt showing it was converted and installed by a REGISTERED INSTALLER that is listed by these insurance companies .This is due to sccidents and fires etc caused by cheap unqualified installers fitting the tanks and connections with in a lot of cases substandard parts and pipes .
It may be prudent to enquire if these lists apply to the whole of the EU now or just englandor are they pending in the future.I was a lucky one as mine just happened to be factory fitted from new.
Just a thought ????
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?!   LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 2:07 pm

LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?! 1763269238

Converting to LPG is like anything else, you really do need to have a qualified registrared installer for both UK and BG insurance companies as they now need to see the installation certificate. You can get LPG fitted for as little as 400lev but is it safe? same goes for prices over 2000lev - who knows. LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?! 794030042 Best go with a recommendation on this one.

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
SewageSolutionsBg
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?!   LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 5:19 pm

I don't have anything particular to add, only to say that its unlikely a village garage could do a modern gas instal, as the equipment required for instal and setup is so pricey, its not like slapping a gas conversion in a lada or other carburetor fueled car.
As for prices, you should expect to pay 300-400 leva for a basic carburetor car, around 1200 leva for a 4 cylinder full fuel injection car and 1800 leva for a 6 cylinder full injection car.
As to whether it is worthwhile or not, it depends entirely on the number of miles you do, gas is much cheaper to buy than petrol, however you will use more gas than you would petrol. If you do a lot of miles and intend to keep the vehicle for the long term then its definately worthwhile. for holiday run abouts theres no advantage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sewagesolutionsbg.com
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?!   LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 5:58 pm

We had a Vauxhall Vectra done and it cost 559 Lev,if you have an injection then it costs a litle more maybe 900 Lev but we have a very good guy that will do all the work needede ve in the Yambl area so if you need a qute let me know,and i will see if we can help you
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?!   LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 4:06 pm

Did you get your quote Bops ?
Back to top Go down
fido
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?!   LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 10:20 am

Interesting stuff about the insurance in UK. I had thought about bringing my 1976 Toyota Hiace camper to Bulgaria for conversion but it's no good if I can't then get insurance. It is already very difficult to get insurance on the Toyota and yet there would be no problem if it was a VW of the same age. I wonder if I would have the same problem with a Hungary registered vehicle converted in Bulgaria?
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?!   LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:04 pm

Why can't you get insurance in Bulgaria ?
Back to top Go down
fido
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?!   LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:48 pm

I want the camper for use in UK. I'm planning to rent out my cottage in Scotland but I could still park the camper there and use it as transport / accommodation on trips to UK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?!   LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LPG conversion - Any idea of a price?!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1