altText

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 53 ... 67  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 10:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi All

I am looking though the forum and although many of you log on and look around you don't always post - So to stop me wondering where everyone is and of course we are thinking of you and do miss you guys - Please pop in here and say hello, if nothing else, just to keep me happy and we will know you are there and all OK.

Hello from Berni &
Dougie Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 3386807041
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 5:40 am

Quote :
So now we won't get thrown out of BG for at least 5 years

Hi Berni,
Good to here it went well, appears the 'new' application system is working?? 5 years before you have to do the whole process again , but at least you get a 10 year one then Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 3367882216

Now keep a mental record of how many times you use it or be asked for it ?? used mine twice in last couple of years Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 2334215883

Bill
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 6:24 am

bulgariabill wrote:
....ie , at Notary

Now keep a mental record of how many times you use it or be asked for it ?? used mine twice in last couple of years Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 2334215883

Bill

thats strange Bill..I ve had to show it at every transaction......ie , at Notary , at Kat , at NIHF ....at Banks . Internal flights etc ,.so mine has been invaluable
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 6:33 am

Hi Varnagirl.
Perhaps I need to get out more La
or I have jumped all the hoops that need it,? do not have a BG bank, finished at KAT hopefully,(do use it at MOT) drive everywhere so not needed booking flights, Police have asked for it once but also wanted to see passport??? but there if needed, Angel
Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 6:41 am

Actually Bill I was asked for it yesterday at Technopolice I was chuffed and duly handed it over, then she qinched all my delight when she said no passport. Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 927475117  so it looks like we have to carry both too.  I will try the bank next week see how it goes.  We cannot used it on it's own crossing the boarder the immigrations officer told us we need both the ID card and the passport nor can we use it on flights........... So like you I am wondering why we need it at all. Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 3897195628  But we have it now so all is well.

Ah VG you are a native now Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 3367882216
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 7:59 am

Same here Berni...especially the bank. I've held an account there for more than 11 years now, I am on first name terms with almost all of the staff and our relationship is very cordial...but I still have to show my passport, along with my residency card EVERY time I make any sort of transaction.

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 794030042
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 10:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My current project.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 10:39 am

Just to add to the above pic.

I obtained this little wagon about 4 years ago and have always intended to rebuild and renovate it...finally I have the time.

The pic doesn't really show much, but it is quite small and dinky...the front wheel (nearest the camera) is only 17" in diameter and the body length, when set up properly, is roughly 5 feet.  The centre pole and draw shaft are just some scrap timber I had laying around and are only there so I can move it easily. The finished product will have the correct bits, made and installed. It will also have a tray and sides...painted and decorated in the traditional style.

I love doing this sort of stuff.
Back to top Go down
baxter
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 10:48 am

Very nice and it looks like a lot of hard work. Do you have a before picture?

Oh dear just realised that is before Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 2345823347
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 11:36 am

Quite correct...that is a before picture!

I've almost finished the front section and while waiting for the paint to dry, I've made a start on the rear end. It's not as hard as it may seem because it was always kept in a dry barn and is in surprisingly good condition. It's the painting which takes up the most time.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 6:17 pm

Well..a bit of an update. The whole cart was dismantled, every piece checked, repaired or replaced as required, painted and put back together. The last bit was done this afternoon and photos will be put up here tomorrow sometime.

That will be the end of "stage one".

The next part is to construct a body, or tray.

Probably the best part of the whole exercise has been the number of local people who have come to check on my progress...it seems that this little wagon has a history!

Stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 8:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 6:46 pm

The above pics represent about 60 hours of hard graft...stripped completely, repaired or replaced, sanded and painted...put back together again.

As I've said before, much interest from local folk has been entertained. This little wagon has a very interesting history!

Up until two weeks ago, our oldest resident lived happily in our village....keep this thought in your mind

Apparently, her Grandfather made this small wagon from scratch and it was used and shared around the village for many years.

It was used to transport her Grandfather, her Grandmother, her Father, Mother and seven siblings (over the years) to the local burial plots.

This dear old lady died last week, at the ripe old age of 102 years....Sadly, her last trip wasn't on my wagon...I took her home in my own VW Estate, instead.

The old wagon will spend its life supporting and displaying colourful flowers...in honour of those who have gone before.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 3:42 pm

H H H H i want one too Well done you g g
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 4:03 pm

You would have to join the line to get mine...I've had a lot of offers (some for stupidly high sums), apparently wagons in that size are quite rare and much sort after.

This afternoon I managed to source the right wood to complete the tray top, so stage 2 begins tomorrow.

Hot
Back to top Go down
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user
mike&tanya

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 6:19 pm

Hi Barry, nice job on the cart. I will have to try to do something with Tanya,s dads cart eventually. Although he has just traded his 35 year old donkey in for a newer model (15 years old) so i guess he plans to use it for some time to come. The other problem is he has fitted car wheels and tyres onto it for easier usage, and sadly he did not keep the wooden wheels, so I will have to try and get hold of a set at some point.
On a different note, I am out in a couple of weeks so will try to catch up with you.
Please give my regards to Valia and the family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 40 of 67Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 53 ... 67  Next