Gardening What to Plant and When

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is just for little old selfish me,no not really,until coming to Bg never done much gardening,so any help when to plant things how to plant and any tips would be great

Mike
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening notes March?April   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:33 pm

Garden notes:
22nd March: Lovely sunny day. Today we moved three apple trees. Sowed onions, lettuce, peas, broad beans, carrots. radishes.
27th March: Planted 15 new fruit trees on a piece of the field to make an Orchard. Still chilly here at nights and about 10 C in the day, same weather for the coming week. Planted 10 potatoes in greenhouse for an early meal)
15th April: Pruned the grapes over a couple of days and cut the grass/weeds first time, in between.
19th April: Runner beans in pots in green house I like to soak for 24 hrs. first then not much water, as they can rot off in the cold. Polythene on the greenhouse a week, tomatoes in and cucumbers, Planted potatoes outside about 5 Kilos (100 approx.) and have sweetcorn and runner beans in soak ready to plant. Have lettuce, radishes, some peas but think the mice had a few? broad beans, carrots, onion seeds all up. Blossom on the cherry trees, plum, pear and apple this week and no frost forecast so should be a good year for the fruit. PLanted a few more gladioli corms. and other small bulbs. First tulips up, transplanted a few small lettuce into greenhouse may get them a little earlier.
22nd April: Planted sweetcorn 3 to a place, (found about a kilo on a local track so see what happens?) Flowers on the strawbs. Dahlias have been up a week in the greenhouse in pots. But! I left them in on a cold night and a couple lost all leaves, but have recovered. roses are doing great after a prune last month. Pond fish are moving around and have started to feed them. Don't know the name of the fish, as we caught some little ones last year from a local big pond, moved them in and now we have dozens. Frogs have been singing like mad at nights for at least a week in a pond in the village.
Back to top Go down
Suzee
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:21 pm

Onions in end of march and looking good, overwintered garlic &
lettuce ok but the lettuce is no different in size to others I planted in march. Radish in and doing well. Peas planted last week, plus courgettes, spinach and beetroot. Spinach seedlings just starting to show.

Tomato, pepper and chillis started in house last month and about ready to plant out now - just waiting for the garden to dry out again. Still loads to plant, hoping to start more seeds off over the weekend.

Self seeded marigolds are coming through in the dozens! nasturtium growing nicely, clematis bounding away and looks much better than last year. Peony roses trying to take over the world again!
Back to top Go down
Suzee
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Show your garden or see other gardens   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:48 pm

I joined Gardenjot a while back and haven't got round to putting anything on there yet but should. Have a fair amount of stuff on my personal blog though, about life, gardening and our animals.........some great photo's of our pigs on there too

If you're interested it can be found here [url:3t4dr33b]http:
//blog4bulgaria.
blogspot.
com/[/url:3t4dr33b]
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:20 pm

Two lovely days, warm and sun is strong ,BUT, 2 groundfrosts -1 (not forecast from Dobrich) have left my Toms. and Pelargoniums in the greenhouse looking awful!hope they recover. Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 927475117
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:45 pm

Has anyone got any picture's of their garden they could upload? s
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 4:39 pm

This is a few pictures of our garden
We have now planted
Potatoes
Strawberries
Cucumber
Melon
Corn
English Tomatoes
Bulgarian Tomatoes
Peas
Broad Beans
Runner Beans
Sprouts
All sorts of Flowers
And the grapes are doing good

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And i am still hard at it
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:20 pm

Brilliant Mick, as long as we don't stop working it will be fine Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 1995268642
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 2:25 pm

Thanks for the pictures mickhev you look as though your enjoying every minute looking forward to more pictures of your produce when ready g
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 11:01 pm

I thought you were a proud Welsh man. No leeks Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 2079180590

You will enjoy the Fruit &
Veg when its ready. Potatoes were a waste of time last year plus they need loads of watering.

Enjoy :Cheers8:
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:01 pm

I guess the Grapes are coming out now? or am I to early s
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:58 pm

I think you maybe a little early Daisy

sarah
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:54 am

ive got peaches on the tree this year. so exciting growing your own stuff and seeing it develop, got lemons too. :Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 1931734156:
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:37 pm

Don't forget the pics when you harvest it would be good for us newbs to see s
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:45 pm

I to would love to see some pictures of fruit growing in Bulgaria
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:51 pm

Go to my website artshedbg.org, a few of photographs of our garden, and the fruit. in the Seasons in Bulgaria section, Summer hope to take a few more this year to add to sections.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gardening What to Plant and When

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next