Gardening What to Plant and When

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is just for little old selfish me,no not really,until coming to Bg never done much gardening,so any help when to plant things how to plant and any tips would be great

Mike
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:44 pm

That was a quick reply Dave thanks mate I'm no gardener either but as meandmine has said already I want to have a go when I get there and to be honest all I know about gardens? Its where children play
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:37 pm

I know the feeling scott I don't know anything either and I'm not sure I want to
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 6:28 pm

davshaz wrote:
I know the feeling scott I don't know anything either and I'm not sure I want to

To all guys out there. If I fill an empty yoghurt cartoon with Tomatoes or peas. anything really and freeze it. That should save about 2 leva.... 40 cartons =80 leva .... 80 leva = 80 beers .. he he just thought I would mention it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:24 pm

My garden seems to grow skiny hungry dogs!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 6:35 pm

Pitty it's not growing sheep
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:46 pm

you can grow most vegatables here, i have a veg bed with carrots, runner beans, peapods, corn on the cob, lettuce, tomatoes, radish beetroot, no problems. cant grow brussels or coliflower. the key is plenty of water.

as for flower beds, get cuttings off you bulgarian neighbours and you will soon have a garden smelling and full of colour.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:17 pm

We started with all good intentions. Said we would spend at least an hour a day in the garden pulling weeds etc. Trouble is, in the heat of summer it is toooooo hot and by the time it gets cool (sometimes not) its too late to start. So my best thing to plant is Rye Grass by a petrol mower and drink beer
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:01 pm

I'm looking forward to the gardening when I get out there so all this help is appreciated
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:16 pm

april is the time to plant, but there could be ground frost and tomatoes do not like the cold. so either start them in pots indoors in february or cover them with a clotch until they are established.

beer barrels look effective with a weeping willow too..
Back to top Go down
Suzee
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:22 pm

Have started my planting here and have carrots, peppers, chillies, broccoli, sprouts, cabbages, lettuces and a few other bits inside and starting to show themselves already. I'm maybe a bit early but have nothing to lose.

Have had black radish, lettuces and garlic in the ground over winter (and they survived) they're starting to grow nicely now after being covered in snow for weeks.

Broad beans, peas, and mangetout grow well here but potatoes we've found aren't worth the hassle. All salad does well and brassicas plus chillies and peppers seem to produce a great crop.

We're on heavy clay soil and also plow in manure end of october. Plenty spare manure here for anyone wanting some!

Hopefully this year we can get more produce from the garden if we can keep the turkeys, chickens, pigs, horses and donkey from eating it!
Back to top Go down
ABC Property Surveyors.BG
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:10 pm

You all need a Valishka! Valishka is our bg gardener! I cut the grass because the mower has an engine and it's what blokes like and Valiska does the rest! Preps the ground,plants the seeds and tends to it all on a weekly basis.

This year we thought we would dazzle her and have hit e-bay for exotic stuff like purple carrots,cherry toms,yellow pear toms,black truffle toms,several types of chillies including hot chocolate,scotch bonnet, black and white ones.One type is called Bishops crown which looks like a crown, cucumber that looks like a small mellon called crystal lemon,flashy looking broccoli,melons,butternut squash,purple beauty peppers,celery,various onions incl spanish for the salads,aubergine,courgettes,parsnips,artichokes,beans,peas,rubin lettuce and various herbs including coriander.

Our Valishka does get a little excited when she sees new types of veg/salad that you don't get in the bg shops.

I found a great 100% feedback seller on e-bay who sends any amount of seeds for one postage of less than a quid.About 25 packets I ordered and took 5 days to get to vlas!

Guess we'll be the talk of the village with purple carrots and funny looking Cucumbers!!

Guess we'll also end up giving most of it away again like last year! The dogs are quite partial to stealing/playing with/later eating cantaloupe melons!
Back to top Go down
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:31 pm

Important:Forgot to mention only water late evening and not when the sun is strong as the plants will burn and die if they get wet during direct sunlight.I got a lot of "
Nay Dobrees!"
last year for my gardening techniques.

If you have a problem with moles there is a tablet you can put in their mole hills which reacts with air and gasses them but remember to store the tablets in an air tight container.They seem to appear once you've dug an area for planting.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:02 pm

Is a mole a Kartick? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Because we had a rather nasty looking thing which was eating my spuds and Domaties (Tomatoes). Chopped its head off so it was no more

Only real way to get rid of moles is to move
Back to top Go down
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:31 pm

No idea what the bg term is Tony.Was having a siesta round my english neighbours last summer and he did the same with a "
teknika number 5"
(bg hoe).It was amazing,dudley is 60+ and moved like bruce lee!!

Teknica number 5 is a Dudley term and probably doesn't relate to anything in bulgarian.I just like his terminology.
Back to top Go down
sarahjane

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:25 pm

Hi all I cant wait to start planting,,,,I aint no gardener thou . Il have more weeds growing than veg lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gardening What to Plant and When

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next