Gardening What to Plant and When

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is just for little old selfish me,no not really,until coming to Bg never done much gardening,so any help when to plant things how to plant and any tips would be great

Mike
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:52 pm

I had to move some bulbs, Daffs and Tulips growing in an area being trampled on by my workers, so dug them up put them in a trug/bucket, added water (I would add a little warm water if you do this as otherwise your fingers might fall off in these temperatures), separated them. and replanted to about 5 to 15 cm apart. Amazing how much ground they cover when separated. Also pruned all my roses back to about 15- 20 cm from the ground, try to cut above an outward facing bud and on a slope to help rain get away, to keep the centre clear. Lost all last years growth on my climbing roses, so had to cut back much closer to the ground than I liked because of frost damage, the top metre or so was black on all of them, so had to cut back to green wood.
If you have snowdrops, it is good to move and /or split them in the green, when they have finished flowering. My ground is still too cold so I am waiting for some Sun. First Daffodil out today so I am going to call this one Mickhev.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:11 am

Hopefully only growing snowmen now

Oddy
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 9:57 am

Started seed trays this week inside, Lavender, as it does really well here, just keep a bit of drainage under the plant, Onions this year, as I find the sets that are sold here are more like shallots and you end up with lots of small ones and they do not keep well. Also trying some dahlia's from seed also some wild flower seeds if we can get these established will be interesting to see what survives here. I am also looking to get more fruit trees this year. and for anyone around this area, On the outskirts of Provardiya is a firm that does bare rooted fruit trees, they have pictures of the fruit in their little office, so if you need a few it's a good place to get them as they dig them up while you are there and obviously are cheaper than the shops.
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Show your garden or see other gardens   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:37 pm

Found a new site today [url=http:
//www.
gardenjot.
com/:23r491wm][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Joined and put a few pictures on of our garden so if anyone is interested looking go to Dave and Paulines garden
This looks a very interesting site you can exchange ideas info. and put your garden on, and then look for gardens anywhere in the world. not many in BG at the moment but this looks to be a brilliant idea.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Show your garden or see other gardens   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:09 am

Nice pics Dave, you've obviously put a lot of work into it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Show your garden or see other gardens   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:02 am

Thanks Chris, same as your web pages, only until people have done it there selves, will they have an idea of whats really involved.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Show your garden or see other gardens   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:23 am

dave b wrote:
Thanks Chris, same as your web pages, only until people have done it there selves, will they have an idea of whats really involved.

Well done GREENFINGERS, all looks very spick and span I hope we can join you and show off Villa Lorna's garden in all it's former glory soon, may be next summer
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Show your garden or see other gardens   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 1:17 pm

Well done Dave your picture are a credit to you I didn't realise we had such talent on the forum I'm in Bulgaria now so I can only post when I can but I haven't seen any nice gardens yet mind you we are still getting sorted out
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Show your garden or see other gardens   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 5:04 pm

so what are you all planting this year then sure there is more than this and I wonder how sallyann is getting on over in Bulgaria hope she settles

sarah
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Show your garden or see other gardens   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:20 pm

I plant every veg I did in the UK, I have a plastic covered greenhouse I renew every year and get the best tasting tomatoes ever, plus cucumbers etc, We have a far bigger variety of fruit trees too. I take also cuttings of things that are happy and thrive here, but I am amazed at how few people I have met who use any of their garden space. In the UK we had to wait for allotments? Here hardly any one I know plants anything, veg or shrubs or fruit trees? and most must have half an acre? I can honestly say if their are any UK gardeners here I have not met them in my district. and would love to meet and visit someone else's garden?
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Show your garden or see other gardens   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:47 pm

i am a beginner at gardening, but last year i grew, peas, carrots, brussels, beetroot, no lettuce did not take, corn and chesum ( garlic) endless array of flowers and hardy ivy, have never grown nothing in the uk but here, mostly anything grows. so rich and moist the air here, grow what you like. my fruit trees should fruit this year too.
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Show your garden or see other gardens   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:43 pm

God for you Starlite, Put it in and see what happens. only a few seeds and a bit of time to waste.
Back to top Go down
junenan
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Show your garden or see other gardens   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 8:33 am

garden grrr tried it planted mulched watered at home {england }could grow anything here rubbish end of gardening why grow it with all that hard work you can buy veg etc at less costs than you can grow it I know its nice tobe self suffient but its just a lot of hard graft for sometimes very little reward
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Show your garden or see other gardens   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 3:39 pm

Missing the point I think. I have to disagree with you on the costs and taste and goodness difference. It was one of the main reasons to come to BG, but If you don't enjoy gardening, don't do it. It keeps us more active too which to us is a bonus. and we like to grow everything even if we can't eat it.
Back to top Go down
Pavlova
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Show your garden or see other gardens   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:42 am

Your garden looks fab and well done to you. Im going to have a smaller veg plot with raised beds but at the moment been concentrating on landscaping and flowers/shrubs.Im considering having an open garden next year with possibility of others joining like in the UK scheme..Its looking great now but just have the last bit to finish...No idea how to post photos or I would.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gardening What to Plant and When

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next