altText
altText

My garden

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
justbazz1

My garden - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: My garden   My garden - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:11 am

First topic message reminder :

..grows a bit like this.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

My garden - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 3:48 pm

willowsend wrote:
What about the hand rail for when you get older La You have to look ahead g

La I will be back in the UK by then My garden - Page 7 3367882216
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

My garden - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 7:10 pm

Is that a large bottle of 'Creme de Menthe' holding the slab down?

Just wondering.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

My garden - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 11:25 pm

Mint rakki La La
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

My garden - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 6:50 am

g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

My garden - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 2:45 pm

Now you are all going to think I am off my rocker here and you know, you could be right La The balcony is finished now, all covered in plastic bag flowers. The woodshed is also finished and has some plastic flowers there too. The patio is coming on we had the gazebo bars made up now Dougie is putting it all together we will have a roof of wood and that fancy felt.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

My garden - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 3:59 pm

Looking good...things like this have special meaning, simply because you have done it all yourselves.

I gather you are staying for the winter this year.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

My garden - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 5:10 pm

Ah thanks Bazz, yes staying here until next year now. Next we need to insulate the bedrroom walls ready for the winter.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

My garden - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 6:57 pm

Great to hear that Berni...gets quite lonely here when the snow lies gently on the ground.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

My garden - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 7:37 pm

We were here last year for winter and when we had the snow every morning the neighbours would ring to check on us also checked if we had enough wood etc. We are so lucky and blessed we picked this village Angel
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

My garden - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 8:36 pm

c
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

My garden - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 6:20 pm

Today Dougie and Roger put the wood on the roof, tomorrow we will put heavy plastic waterproof before we put the felt tiles on.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

My garden - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 10:16 pm

Hi Berni
The structure is coming on and for summer should provide a nice shady area s I take it the roof base is OSB, which is having a waterproof liner then felt tiles, so an immovable structure, just an observation, but are the supporting poles strengthened enough to take extra weight? and have you considered the extra weight they will have to take if you have a heavy snow fall this winter :-
snow may weigh 15 pounds per cubic foot and drifted compacted snow may weigh 20 pounds or more... ” Let's figure this out... There are 7.48 gallons per cubic foot of water - that's about 62.4 pounds.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am hoping so, as it would be a shame to see all your efforts destroyed by a bad winter,

Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

My garden - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2016 1:26 pm

bulgariabill wrote:
Hi Berni
The structure is coming on and for summer should provide a nice shady area s  I take it the roof base is OSB, which is having a waterproof liner then felt tiles, so an immovable structure, just an observation, but are the supporting poles strengthened enough to take extra weight? and have you considered the extra weight they will have to take if you have a heavy snow fall this winter :-
 snow may weigh 15 pounds per cubic foot and drifted compacted snow may weigh 20 pounds or more... ” Let's figure this out... There are 7.48 gallons per cubic foot of water - that's about 62.4 pounds.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am hoping so, as it would be a shame to see all your efforts destroyed by a bad winter,

Bill

Thanks Bill - we are learning as we go on so now will make sure we put extra strength on. g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

My garden - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 8:13 pm

Well now after Bill's comments we looked at the structure again and even though it is metal bars and bolted onto the ground it does move and at present it is top heavy, so we had decided to get the big wooden posts and cut a grove down the middle so it fits around the pole, but that took too long to make a grouve so we will get tun and grouve make a box around the pole and fill it with cement do this for all the pole. So we learned another lesson g
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

My garden - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 8:58 pm

Hi Berni,
Sorry if I have caused you more work, but I thought it looked a bit top heavy, and would have hated not to say something and you find it buckled under a heavy snow fall or high wind. If you are going down the route of surrounding with wood and filling with concrete, would using heavy duty drain piping do a similar job? a be a bit more cost effective, pipe cut to length, then cut down one length,to allow you to place around the pole, drill a hole at the top and pour concrete into the hole and leave to set, you then have the choice of leaving the pipe in place or removing it and have concrete pillars and decorate?
Just an idea

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My garden - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My garden

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next