altText
altText

My garden

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
justbazz1

My garden - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: My garden   My garden - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:11 am

First topic message reminder :

..grows a bit like this.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

My garden - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 7:32 pm

I have been busy again, during the day of rain I decided to do this.  All made for plastic bags.  Looks like I will have a colourful garden after all  g

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

My garden - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 8:02 pm

Rain?....what is this thing you speak of?
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

My garden - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 9:18 pm

justbazz wrote:
Rain?....what is this thing you speak of?

It is like a shower only a spray of water falling from the sky La   And we are expecting more tomorrow Hot Hot
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

My garden - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 9:22 pm

OK the patio is done now so all we need to do now is square it all up again and then lay the new top smooth level with the colour orange like the roof tiles added. So [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What kind of sand do we use will it be soft sand or sharp sand?

Do we have to put anything other than sand and cement in the mix to stop it cracking?

At what stage do we add the colour power.

Thanks a million
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

My garden - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 5:48 am

I use sharp sand, but either will do the job as long as it's nice and clean. If you are using a cement mixer, wait until you have the mix at a nice smooth consistency (like melted chocolate), add a couple of squirts of dishwashing liquid, followed by the colouring powder...it takes a while for the colour to be evenly mixed, so a bit of patience is required. The important thing is to remember the exact portions of everything you put in...or you will end up with a patchy looking surface when it dries.

PS. You could send me down some of that rain please...I've had enough of moving the sprinkler around. My garden - Page 6 794030042
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

My garden - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 7:19 am

justbazz wrote:
I use sharp sand, but either will do the job as long as it's nice and clean. If you are using a cement mixer, wait until you have the mix at a nice smooth consistency (like melted chocolate), add a couple of squirts of dishwashing liquid, followed by the colouring powder...it takes a while for the colour to be evenly mixed, so a bit of patience is required. The important thing is to remember the exact portions of everything you put in...or you will end up with a patchy looking surface when it dries.

PS. You could send me down some of that rain please...I've had enough of moving the sprinkler around. My garden - Page 6 794030042

Thank you that is great! La Yes will have a word with the rain maker and ensure some is sent your way. We were due to have some today but so far lovely out. You know we are away Friday to Monday and I bet it will rain than Angry
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

My garden - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 11:55 am

I wasn't aware that you could get soft (builders) sand in BG, I have only seen and used sharp
As for mixing in a colour I always add it to the sand and cement mix dry as I have found it is much quicker and a more evenly mixed
When the colour is evenly distributed I then add the water to a smooth consistency
By the way justbazz I am not saying your way is wrong and my way is right just another option My garden - Page 6 1931734156
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

My garden - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 3:21 pm

Either way will work just fine...I add the powder to the wet mix mainly because I find it easier to judge the final colour, especially with the first batch. As I said earlier, it's important to use the same amounts of everything for subsequent batches.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

My garden - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 7:54 pm

Thanks guys that's great.

We have just levelled it all off again boy that was a job and a half it was way out.

This was a much bigger job than aniticpated we used 7.5ton of sand and 28bags of cement so far and we still have to do about 5" to smooth the top

Hot
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

My garden - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 10:25 pm

Ok now got the patio top layer on and it is looking good so far. Next plaster the sides and stick the broken tiles and stones on and build a step up.

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

My garden - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 10:26 pm

The wood shed is coming on too

Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

My garden - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 7:27 am

g

Just a thought....instead of a step, why not make a ramp to make access a bit easier for some of your 'older' friends.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

My garden - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 10:10 pm

Good idea bazz only one 7inc instep at the  lower end but will suggest it to his lordship. T
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

My garden - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 3:11 pm

Today we did the stip looking good, used broken floor tiles just have to make sure there are no sharp edges if so will do a grout cover. We will get one of those machines that throw cement to the wall so it gives it a rendered finish as it is very difficult to get the cement to stick to the sides and if I do get it on the tiles pulls it off again My garden - Page 6 2345823347 learning as we go.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

My garden - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 3:31 pm

What about the hand rail for when you get older La You have to look ahead g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My garden - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My garden

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next