Gardening What to Plant and When

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Gardening What to Plant and When Empty
PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:44 pm

This is just for little old selfish me,no not really,until coming to Bg never done much gardening,so any help when to plant things how to plant and any tips would be great

Mike
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:51 pm

Plant small stones Mike so easy to look after and never needs weeding Sorry my sense of humour

Oddy
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:55 pm

Ha ha i like it i have loads of them all around our house low maintainance but still have a very big garden for veggy

Mike
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:42 pm

Maybe the answer to the question is to ask the locals? just a thought maybe if any of them speak english they can help with advice
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:38 pm

Got your pm Mike but I can't help you I know nothing about gardening in Bulgaria sorry
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:43 pm

Well i think the answer is to copy what they do,so far they have planted onions and garlic,and believe it or not lettice,my friend over the road gave me some about 5 weeks ago the wife put them in and guess what they are growing and the frost did not kill them but i dont know about this snow,i think they may be a gonner now

Mike
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:52 pm

davshaz wrote:
Maybe the answer to the question is to ask the locals? just a thought maybe if any of them speak english they can help with advice

Excellent idea davshaz That's the best way to go Mike. Knowing the villagers, they will just take over and plant every inch so be prepared to load of tomatoes, peppers, cucs, onions, garlic etc etc Ginka our neighbour came down one day and planted garlic bulbs thinking she was only going to plant two or 3 split bulbs - she planted 12 rows of 30 She even came back and picked them all ready for us when we went over. One garlic bulb a week is enough for us

Oddy
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 pm

Sounds good to me,when we moved in it was summer and the babba (grandmother)had 15 rows of tomatoes,10 rows of peppers,cucumbers cant remember how many we picked,lots of marrow,and pumpkins,it was loverly,then the task of what they call com potting,where they preserve it for the winter,great fun.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:56 pm

Hi Mike I know nothing about gardens and never want to [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] you only have to look at my garden in BG to see that, I have had a bit of a look round but there really isn't a lot of information about gardens in Bulgaria, but is seems that most things will grow for example..

Carrots,Potatoes,Squash,Pumpkins,Tomatoes,Peppers,Cucumbers,Cauliflower,Cabbage,Raspberries,Grapes,Strawberries,Blackberries,Runner beans,Plums,Melons,Onions,Lettuce,Garlic,Rhubarb,Walnuts,Hazelnuts,Apricots,Courgettes,Peas,Leeks,Beets,Aubergines,Sweetcorn,Sprouts,Broccoli,Parsnips,Soya beans,Haricot beans and so on......

The list goes on as for when to plant ? unfortunately there are regional climate variations in Bulgaria, what I would say is from what I remember seeing most things that are stuck in the ground will grow, my neighbor is a great one for just sticking a twig in the ground and something would grow so as said above talk to your neighbors, They will know and probably help you

I will ask Ashley if he will start a Gardening section it could be very useful
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:09 am

I am not really a gardener,but seeing as i got all this nice fertile land,i want to grow a few bits and pieces,i will just copy what they do,cant go far wrong then i hope.

Mike
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 2:40 pm

A new forum I see this could be something I want to watch I love a bit of gardening its good for the soul so I'm told look forward to seeing and hearing what you in Bulgaria grow or can't grow
Back to top Go down
sarahjane

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:41 am

Hi Mike Im hoping to grow things too. But I dont know where to start lol
Please can anyone help !!!! and when do i start planting
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:05 am

I would either watch what the neighbors do or ask them like its was said earlier because of the different climates the planting time will be different , so its hard to say when good luck with it and look forward to seeing what you grow
Back to top Go down
miss happy
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:41 pm

Do what I do.If they are selling them to plant then it is time! I take photos and names of plants with me Just in case pic's not on there plants. Happy Gardening [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:43 pm

What a good idea thats a very good tip,thank you Miss Happy

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gardening What to Plant and When

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next