altText
altText

My garden

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
justbazz1

My garden - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: My garden   My garden - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:11 am

First topic message reminder :

..grows a bit like this.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 7:44 am

My garden - Page 15 2316720568 Bazz My garden - Page 15 3367882216
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 11:28 pm

Ah another good day today! Dougie finished all the trellises and we finished painting them, he fitted them and they are looking good, might have to give them a varnish. I an not too happy with the colour of the varnish on the OSB boards but that was all the shop had so might do a spray later in the summer

I found a use for the old tiles. For now will put them on the earth and then put some stone between them the rain has helped settled them in, when they start breaking we can use them as rubble base for the cement just lay some wire on top.

The triange area had no idea what to do there but had these slabs scattered all over so I dug the area out then laid sand and put the slabs in, tomorow I will do a dry mix of sand and cement and brush all over to fill the gaps. Maybe later put small white stone on, we will see.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 5:27 am

Starting to look very smart...are you planning on finishing off the roof this summer?

Agree about the varnish colour...it's a bit too light, but that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 7:09 am

My garden - Page 15 2316720568  Bazz small steps and a learning curve.  The varnish was a kind of grey colour not at all what I wanted and it made the OSB look a dirty but let it weather for a bit  then spray it all dark brown.  Inside I will wait till I get the brown colour.

Yes as soon as the weather gets warmer we will do the roof as we have these ashfelt shingles ready to go on.  Ytube on how to do it view several time hahaha Actually glad we had the rain as the water ran off the roof and logged on either side of the gazebo so now we dug a channel on either side and will fill with stones today

Not sure what to do with the garden tiled surface yet might put sand between the slates for now.  Any suggestions please'

Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 7:34 am

For varnishing wood products, both interior and outside, I use 'Dekorator' Azure varnish, for wood...comes in a range of colours, is long lasting and is UV resistant. Seems to last quite a few years and doesn't cost the earth.

Regarding the slated/tiled area, I'd go for a mix of fine crushed stone and sand...later on, if you decide to concrete the whole area, all you will have to do for preparation is go along with a hammer and bust up the tiles into smaller pieces...quick and easy!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 9:04 am

justbazz wrote:
For varnishing wood products, both interior and outside, I use 'Dekorator' Azure varnish, for wood...comes in a range of colours, is long lasting and is UV resistant. Seems to last quite a few years and doesn't cost the earth.

Regarding the slated/tiled area, I'd go for a mix of fine crushed stone and sand...later on, if you decide to concrete the whole area, all you will have to do for preparation is go along with a hammer and bust up the tiles into smaller pieces...quick and easy!

Yes I have Azure varnish just picked the wrong colour.  Yes said to Dougie this morning maybe we can put some malls stones in the gaps so will mix them with sand.  Thanks for that.

I put the sand and cement in to the paved area see below and sprinkled some water on it when it rains hopefully it will set it properely.  

Last edited by oddball on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 9:13 am

Quote :
we had the rain as the water ran off the roof and logged on either side of the gazebo so now we dug a channel on either side and will fill with stones today

Have you thought about guttering and a couple of down pipes along the side of the roof to direct the rainfall to one end? My garden - Page 15 3367882216
Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 9:52 am

bulgariabill wrote:
Quote :
we had the rain as the water ran off the roof and logged on either side of the gazebo so now we dug a channel on either side and will fill with stones today

Have you thought about guttering and a couple of down pipes along the side of the roof to direct the rainfall to one end? My garden - Page 15 3367882216
Bill

Ah welcome back Bill missed you. we will need a catch up on Skype.  No now you mentions it I did not think about that so something we will have to look at. I dug the channel out and put stone in there today, the water runs off the plastic roof very well but probably won't flow as easy when the ashfelt  tiles are on so will have to work out how to do gutter and pipes. T
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 10:29 am

Back to the Azure stuff for a moment...I used Kirsten which seems just right for most of my woodwork. Initially tried Walnut, but turned out too dark.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 10:39 am

justbazz wrote:
Back to the Azure stuff for a moment...I used Kirsten which seems just right for most of my woodwork. Initially tried Walnut, but turned out too dark.

Ah thanks will make a note of the colour for the next spray. Will I have to rub it down before I spray later in the year?
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 2:02 pm

Only if you notice any rough or problem areas...luckily, I've not had to sand mine. (yet)...lasted more than 9 years.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 6:53 pm

justbazz wrote:
Only if you notice any rough or problem areas...luckily, I've not had to sand mine. (yet)...lasted more than 9 years.

Great g T
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 10:14 pm

Look what I did - think I am going a little do lally these days wow

Wood painted

Inside panels painted now and the colour is much better than the outside ones
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 9:18 pm

Today Dougie got th rest of the trelleses made, painted and put up. I cut the trees back, so will have to keep them trimmed up now. Also like the stones around the gazebo should be no splash back on the tiled wall now as used sand and stones.  Can't wait to  get started on the roof or the path next.

Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   My garden - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 4:30 am

Sweet! g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My garden   My garden - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My garden

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next