View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only Empty
PostSubject: 35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only   35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:38 am

[size=55:11zqtcnu]novinite

35% Bulgarians Agree on On line Census Only

About 54,000 people will undergo the census of population and households in Bulgaria in February, said Lyubomir Blatski, head of the press centre of the National Statistics Institute (NSI).

Census takers are expected to complete a training until January 25. They will visit households, homes and buildings between February 1-28.

For the first time Bulgarian will hold on line census as well. It will be the first phase of the census and will take place from February 1 to February 9.

According to a national survey, about 36% of the Bulgarians would agree to undergo only the on line census. The reason is that it would take about 15 minutes, while the traditional method would take about 10 minutes more.

On average, one census taker is expected to visit about 200-250 people and 80 households. It is very important that all people and buildings undergo the procedure. In Blatski's words, less than 1% of the people and buildings were skipped in the last census.

He has stated that about EUR 1.5-2 is required for the census of one Bulgarian. In other European countries, the average sum is about BGN 4-5.

Bulgaria is the first EU member state that will hold population census in 2011. It also be among the seven countries, which will hold on line census as well.

The campaign will end on March 1, when the percentage of Bulgarians who underwent the census will be announced. The complete data from the census will be announced at the beginning of April.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Alfie
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: 35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only   35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:27 pm

The British Embassy have published this very informative page re next month's census:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 1_Bulgaria

Worth a read.

Census in Bulgaria 2011
CENSUS 2011 - BULGARIA

Bulgaria is conducting a population Census throughout February 2011. We encourage all of the British community in Bulgaria to participate. Official statistics from the 2011 Census will provide us with up-to-date information about how many British people are living here. This will allow us to better engage with the Bulgarian Government on your behalf, and target our services more closely to where you need them. It is also a legal obligation for eligible residents to take part (with potential fines if you avoid being counted).

What is a census?
A census is a count of all people and households in the country. It provides population statistics from a national to neighbourhood level for government, local authorities, business and communities. It informs investment decisions, such as where to build schools, roads, hospitals, shops and businesses.

Is my personal information safe?
Yes. Information gathered during the Census is kept by the National Statistics Institute. No personal data that could identify you will be released to other government agencies (e.g. for tax purposes) or to companies. Only local area statistics are produced. Interviewers take an oath that they will treat all information in confidence.

Should I respond to the Census?
We encourage all of the British community in Bulgaria to participate in the Census, even if you are not sure you are eligible. All foreign nationals who are living here in February, even those with only short-term permission to stay, will be included in the population count. Tourists and people on business trips will also be counted as temporary visitors.

Please note that if you have short-term or permanent permission to stay in Bulgaria after January 31st 2011 but do not respond to the Census you could be fined 120 Bulgarian lev (over £50). Tourists and temporary visitors will not be fined.

A small number of people are exempt from the Census. These include diplomats and representatives of foreign governments, international organisations or foreign military personnel (and their families) or people living in properties owned by foreign governments. If you are in any doubt you should check your eligibility by calling the Census helpline (Bulgaria - 0700 16 310)

How do I participate?
The Census will be carried out in February 2011. From Tuesday 1st to Wednesday 9th there will be a chance to answer the survey online. From Thursday 10th to Monday 28th February interviewers will visit every household in Bulgaria to fill in the survey for those who have not already answered online.

To answer online, there must be at least one person in the household who has both a Bulgarian "
Unique Citizen Number"
(EGN) and a Bulgarian passport. This person can visit the Census website at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and fill in the information for everyone in the household. They will be sent a confirmation code by email as proof that they have completed the survey, which must be shown to any interviewers who call later in the month.

If no one in your household has both a Bulgarian EGN and Bulgarian passport, then you will need to provide your household information to the Census Interviewer when they visit in February.

What if I don’t speak Bulgarian?
If your spoken Bulgarian is limited, you have a couple of options:

1. You can request an English-speaking Census interviewer to be sent to your address. The National Statistical Institute has promised us that every district will have interviewers who can speak English, French and Russian. We have provided a short message in Bulgarian to show the Census interviewer when they call. You may find it helpful to print out this message and keep it by your front door.

2. Alternatively, download and complete the English version of the questions from the Census website beforehand. Answer the questions on paper, and show this to the interviewer. Most of the answers are numbers than words, so combined with some basic Bulgarian this might be enough to complete the Census interview.

The Census Helpline (0700 16 310) should have English-speaking advisers available to assist you. They may be able to arrange for an English-speaking interviewer to call on you.

How can I be sure the person at my door is really from the Census?
Official interviewers may visit between 8am and 8pm, any day including weekends, between 10th and 28th February. They will have a photo card with an ID number. If you have any doubts you can check their identity by calling the Census Helpline (0700 16 310).

Give us feedback!
We are excited about the Census and what it will show about the British community in Bulgaria. Please let us know, either on our Facebook site or by email how you find the experience.

If you have any problems getting an English-speaking interviewer to come, or getting through to someone who speaks English on the national helpline, please let us know. We will take it up urgently with the National Statistics Institute.
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: 35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only   35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:33 pm

Yes Alfie a great read and its opened my eyes to 1 or 2 points T
Back to top Go down
cowshed-sarah
Super user
Super user
cowshed-sarah

PostSubject: Re: 35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only   35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 6:50 pm

Been trying to get onto this site for a couple of days but no luck yet, I wanted the forms in English but I don't seem to be getting anywhere 35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only 794030042
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: 35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only   35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 6:58 pm

Maybe if someone already has downloaded the forms the could add them here or send you a copy ? just a thought 35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only 3023850720
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: 35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only   35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 7:10 pm

If all elase fails Census helpline (Bulgaria - 0700 16 310)
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: 35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only   35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 7:11 pm

When checking the information in the script just click on the blue highlite English. The form shows up ok.

Having read it, it seems quite simple. Usual sort of thing, How many people, how many loo's, central heating, TV etc.

If your Bulgarian is not that good (Like mine) you can request an English Speaker, they even provide a script to print off to show the interviewer.

But beware if you do not participate there is a fine.
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: 35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only   35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 7:17 pm

I see what your saying Tony but for those who want the forum from the site at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] they can't get on there probably because as usual in Bulgaria everything has been left to the last minute and now theres a rush, so if any does have a copy then why not upload it here g
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

PostSubject: Re: 35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only   35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 8:27 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
When checking the information in the script just click on the blue highlite English. The form shows up ok.

Having read it, it seems quite simple. Usual sort of thing, How many people, how many loo's, central heating, TV etc.

If your Bulgarian is not that good (Like mine) you can request an English Speaker, they even provide a script to print off to show the interviewer.

Tony did you have any problems getting on the site????? I've been trying like others and I just can't get on there for some reason?????
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: 35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only   35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:28 pm

I just clicked on the link and its still going round but not loading, perhaps its getting overloaded with requests s
Back to top Go down
Dobrich
Junior user
Junior user
Dobrich

PostSubject: Re: 35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only   35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:13 pm

I'm a tad confused does this mean all ex-pats living in Bulgaria full time must fill out one of the forms or wait for a knock at the door? if the later is the case how will we know when we should be at home and if were aren't does this mean an automatic fine .
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: 35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only   35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:11 am

therowfamily wrote:
tonyb60 wrote:

Tony did you have any problems getting on the site????? I've been trying like others and I just can't get on there for some reason?????

None what so ever. Worked first time.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: 35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only   35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:13 am

Dobrich wrote:
I'm a tad confused does this mean all ex-pats living in Bulgaria full time must fill out one of the forms or wait for a knock at the door? if the later is the case how will we know when we should be at home and if were aren't does this mean an automatic fine .

My understanding is you will get a call at the door. I don't think they authorities have thought out the nuts and bolts yet, this is Bulgaria ha ha ha.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only   35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:51 am

Admin wrote:
I have managed to get the sample Census form for you to look at and also a bit of a pictorial guide but this one is in Bulgarian 35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only 794030042 both are below g

Thanks for that Ashley. I have looked for the equivalent sample form in Bulgarian (not to fill in on the Net), but can't find one. Have you located something like that?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only   35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:07 am

Here you are George

Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only   35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

35% Bulgarians Agree on Online Census Only

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next