Phoenix Inspire Fund Raising Dinner Sofia 5th December 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Whalesmc
Junior user
Junior user

Phoenix Inspire Fund Raising Dinner Sofia 5th December 2010 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Phoenix Inspire Fund Raising Dinner Sofia 5th December 2010   Phoenix Inspire Fund Raising Dinner Sofia 5th December 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 1:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

:Sunny:Here is something to make you smile. As you may well know I am in the process of setting up a training centre here in Novo Selo. The training centre will give youngsters in the Children's Home of Novo Selo the skills they require to prevent them from becoming prostitutes etc....

The Radisson Blu hotel in Sofia has kindly offered to host a fund raising dinner in aid of Phoenix Inspire on Sunday 5th December. I wait to see what the menu will be. I hope to post the price of tickets soon. All profits from the dinner will go towards the building of the traning centre called Phoenix Inspire at the Coliseum. The crockery with 'The Coliseum' on it was donated by Middleborough College and will be used in the training centre once openned.

Please let me know if you can help in anyway with promotion or you would like tickets.

best wishes
Whalesmc
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Fund Raising Dinner Sofia 5th December 2   Phoenix Inspire Fund Raising Dinner Sofia 5th December 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Radisson charity dinner raises funds for Novo Selo catering centre

A dinner at the Radisson in aid of a new catering centre in Novo Selo, northern Bulgaria, drew a diverse group from Sofia and surrounding areas on December 5.

The ongoing project is the brainchild of Mick Cooper (54), a former Norfolk-based chef and educational consultant. Cooper had the idea for the catering school when he was told about conditions endured by deprived children and orphans at a home in the area.

The idea is to train young people to become bakers, chefs and sommeliers once they leave the children's home.

Mick Cooper and his wife Christine have been tireless in their work for deprived youngsters in the area. Only the day after the Radisson dinner, he was set to drive back to the UK to gather donations of Christmas presents for the children at the home.

A group of folklore dancers from Novo Selo entertained the diners at the December 5 event. Guests enjoyed a delicious meal of bitternut squash soup followed by roast turkey and then apple pie and custard.

A message in support of the initiative came from the mayor of Novo Selo and Maria Jordanova, president of the Bulgarian Association of Sommeliers.

The evening was successful in drawing attention to the plight of children in the home. It also highlighted the urgent need for Bulgarian youngsters to acquire skills in areas such as catering. But, as Cooper pointed out, much more work remains to be done. Otherwise, prospects for young people at the home – many of whom are Roma – are severely limited with many of them drifting into prostitution or petty crime.

Those interested in exploring more of the sterling work of Phoenix Inspire can do so here at the charity's website.

Further fund-raising initiatives are planned in the future, including a special dinner in Vidin in January 2011.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Fund Raising Dinner Sofia 5th December 2   Phoenix Inspire Fund Raising Dinner Sofia 5th December 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:26 pm

Phoenix Inspire throws special fund-raising dinner in Vidin for catering school

A Phoenix Inspire fund raising dinner is being organised for Vidin on February 16 2011.

The dinner, held at a family run restaurant called Mystique, is in aid of the catering school that British ex-pat Mick Cooper is aiming to set up in nearby Novo Selo.

Cooper, a former Norfolk-based chef and educational consultant, had the idea for the catering school when he was told about conditions endured by impoverished children and orphans at a home in the area.

The menu on February 16 will be Thai fish cakes with salad, slow roast honey belly pork, Old English Sausage, apple sauce and vegetables, followed by a special cappuccino cup for dessert.

Herb soda bread will also be served on the tables. As guests arrive they will be offered a hot glass of Gluhwein.

Tickets are priced at 35 leva. The dinner will contribute to funds being raised by the Vidin Rotary Club.

Those interested in exploring more about the work of Phoenix Inspire, the NGO set up by Mick Cooper to set up the catering centre, can do so here at the charity's website.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Fund Raising Dinner Sofia 5th December 2   Phoenix Inspire Fund Raising Dinner Sofia 5th December 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:15 am

I see Mick hasn't been on here does anyone know if he's ok? or dosn't he bother on here too much now ?
Back to top Go down
Whalesmc
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Fund Raising Dinner Sofia 5th December 2   Phoenix Inspire Fund Raising Dinner Sofia 5th December 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:41 am

Good afternoon all. Phoenix Inspire Fund Raising Dinner Sofia 5th December 2010 - Page 3 3386807041 I am sorry for not logging on and posting items lately. There is a lot going on at the moment, a lot of it surrounding the dinner, end of year documentation for Phoenix Inspire, exam papers for an awarding body in the UK, organizing a group visit planned for March and catching up with family needs after a busy December. I know that none of you can make it for the Mystique Dinner (Мистик вчера) planned for February, I hope to have pictures to show what you will have missed!! Maybe it would be better to close down the fund raising dinner in Sofia and open a new item!?

I hope to post more news about plans to develop a training venue in this region soon. I am just waiting to hear the result of various meetings which took place yesterday;
one in Sofia and one here in Vidin.

We have a number of English fiction and factual books which are now longer wanted, any idea which forum to locate their availability?
I hope you are all well.
Mick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Fund Raising Dinner Sofia 5th December 2010   Phoenix Inspire Fund Raising Dinner Sofia 5th December 2010 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phoenix Inspire Fund Raising Dinner Sofia 5th December 2010

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3