altText

Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Whalesmc
Junior user
Junior user

Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire Empty
PostSubject: Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire   Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 3:22 pm

Yesterday a film crew from Bulgarian National Television BNT were in Novo Selo filming how and where Phoenix Inspire is helping local residents. I am not sure when the piece will be on BNT and on which channel. However, when I do know I will post an announcement. The reporter was suitably impressed with the range of support we had given. I hope that the piece on national TV will encourage Bulgarians to come forward and offer help. Best wishes whalesmc Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire 1995268642
Back to top Go down
Whalesmc
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Phoenix Inspire Fund Raising Dinner Sofia 5th December 2010   Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 7:17 pm

Here is the link from the BNT news broadcast of yesterday. I hope it works, its towards the end about 15.18

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... emvri_2010

This was on National TV last Friday on the noon news programme. Not sure how many watched it though. The vast majority of workers would not.

The lady at the top of the table whilst we are practising our Bulgarian is Albena

The lady with the microphone is Lidia

The lady who is being interviewed with a cooker (from Middlesbrough College) in the back ground is the lovely Latinka

The computer with the young lady in front was donated, as was the video / dvd recorder but not the tv

You can see some of the equipment which has been donated.
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire   Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 9:38 pm

Its a pity they are talking over you T
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire   Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:25 am

Just watched to clip and its great that you have had so much donated to you those fridges I know cost an absolute fortune I don't speak Bulgarian so I didn't know what was being said which is a shame is the anyway you can perhaps tell us what was said ? good luck with this project I hope it all goes well for the children and you can give them a future Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire 3356871870
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire   Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:41 am

Its good to see all the donations you have had but as the others have said its a bit disappointing when you don't speak the language however all publicity is good so this can only draw more attention and particularly with the Bulgarians fingers crossed for you Mick, maybe someone on here who can speak the language could translate it for us s
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire   Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:53 am

This is all good thank you for the link some good catering equipment you have been donated there and some of it costs 1000's so you are doing well to get so many big donations I think what your doing is a joy to read and when I think of the fact that this will change the children's lives for a long time to come I can only say well do to you and your team I will all the very best for the future and look forward to reading more from you Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire 2581928987 Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Whalesmc
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire   Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 6:20 pm

Thank you for all your kind words. I hope to get a summary of what was said in English later this week. I will post the summary as soon as I can. What was seen is a sample of what has been donated. I hope to be traveling to the UK in the lorry in December to collect more donated items and equipment for the proposed Chef and Restaurant School. Latinka, the lady speaking in blue is one of the social workers at the Children's Home here in Novo Selo. Not only are we organising Christmas presents for all the residents but those kids in poverty in the village too. Coupled with this we have organised a colouring competition where all children were asked to paint or draw a picture. :Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire 1931734156: at Grimsby College are converting the best 12 pictures;
4 from the age group 7 to 9, 4 from the age group 10 to 13 and 4 from the age group 14 years and upwards into calendars. This is the second year that we have done such a thing and it does get the kids involved and motivated. As soon as I know what was said, I will post. :Thank you:Best wishes from Novo Selo.
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire   Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 6:26 pm

Just watched it and it would be good to know what was said, I think what your doing here is incredible and you deserve all the success that may come with such a task to think that you will change the way these children may have been bought up and give them a career and something positive is great well done to you all and I look forward to reading more from you and maybe some pictures from the dinner party and Christmas at the Orphanage Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Whalesmc
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire   Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:07 am

With great thanks to Eli, please find a rough translation to the piece on Bulgarian National Television of last Friday

Englishman Mick Cooper has undertaken to build a vocational training center for cooks and hoteliers in New selo. He has lived there for few years. For a long time he lead his college in his country and now wants to convey the experience to Bulgarian youngers. For children from homes and poor families it will be free training and they could obtain a certificate which will be valid throughout Europe. The building where it will be the training center will be repaired with European money. To make his idea real Mick Cooper is intensively studying Bulgarian language together with the other 5 families in New Selo. Latinka (lady in blue) said: He has a big heart and willingness to help, he is open to children! In only two years Mick has donated equipment and computers worth thousands of levove. take care whalesmc
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire   Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:52 am

Thank you Mick its always better when you know whats being said and I'm one of those who no matter how I try I just can't get to grips with the language T
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire   Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:32 am

Very good and thank you for going to the trouble of getting the dialogue translated that will be good for many who can';
t speak the lingo good luck with your project and I will be looking forward to hearing more from you about how it all goes Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire 739492727
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire   Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bulgarian National Television films Phoenix Inspire

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1