My Bulgarian Experience

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kahl1963
Junior user
Junior user

My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:03 am

First topic message reminder :

:Thank you:For the personal invite I had via my email, interesting and hopefully a lot better than these other sites.

My wife and I moved here almost 3 years ago, the reason we moved here was to start a new life, live it and not work it.....like we did in the UK. We have been fortunate to have not had a bad experience with being ripped off, although my first day living in Bulgaria was almost "
MAYBE I MADE A MISTAKE"
, but we came through that and it worked in our favour. We bought a house in a small village, where there were a few British, it had been renovated by Bulgarians and pretty good standard, but like everything-we British do like perfection for our money.....doesn't happen here that often.

Anyway, we are not rich, never have been and I do need to work, so I thought..carry on doing over here what I had done in the UK for the past 15 years, which was a Multi-task internal builder.........big mistake! Having never lived abroad before, little did we realise how clicky and selfish a lot of people were in the English community, they didn't have a nice word to say about anyone.....this was a big culture shock. People who we had met and thought were ok, were saying 'don't talk to them because we don't get on with them, and if you do we don't want anything to do with you'.......ALARM BELLS.....we have come to a country where the English community dictate who we can be friends with and who we can't.....Sorry folks, WE choose our friends and if YOU don't get on with them, them that doesn't mean WE won't. So, we now keep ourselves to ourselves.

It will amaze you all on here that there are a lot of people in Bulgaria who have heard of me, I went to a village only 2 weeks ago, never been there before....delivered some goods from the UK, introduce myself as Kahl and they said 'not Kahl from Stefan Stambolovo?' Imagine my surprise when they said they had heard that I was a dodgy builder, a rip off merchant, arrogant and a nasty person.......also not someone to cross. I said that if you believe everything you hear, then you are as bad as the people who are spreading these lies.....I talk about no-one, I never slag anyone off and if I do have something to say, then I will say it to the face of the recipient, not anyone else. If that is wrong, then sorry folks.....I was born on Mars.

Apart from all this, we are happy here...we grow all our own vegetables, we keep chickens, ducks, turkeys, rabbits, 2 pigs and 1 bullock..all for food. I am not a butcher, but I do all my own slaughtering and butchering..we have lamb chops from the Lambs we slaughter, we have pork chops from the pigs we slaughter and when we slaughter our bull, we will have topside beef, sirloin and steaks....all because I did my homework and I don't mind eating my own home grown food.

To all who read this through and think that I am slagging off...I am not, I am expressing myself...I am normally a happy go lucky person, a bit of a joker and on rare occasions will go that extra mile to help my fellow comrades or customers........ My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 1995268642 My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 3023850720

PS I do drink, but not often...perhaps 1 beer a month.....that was more than I did in the UK, so perhaps I am on my way to being a fully fledged alcoholic. My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 1865348797
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:02 pm

Blink wrote:
unfortunately there are those in Bulgaria with too much time on their hands who have nothing better to do that to point the finger at others its a bad reflection on others who are genuine but I'm afraid its here to stay what else have most of them goto to do? and they are only pointing the finger at you to avoid others knowing about themselves , very sorry as I said My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 927475117

How very, very true and very astute of you, Blink. It was said on some forum or other that a lot of Britons in BG drink from dawn to dusk and pick fights all the time and that's all they do - looks as if that is perfectly true. I have heard of people in business begging to sell their tools so that they could buy more alcohol. Sad but true. What a bad impression some of us must give to the locals.
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:04 pm

My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 927475117 My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 927475117 :Very sad:Kahl1963 &
Pat I was just getting use to have you both around and your going :Very sad:as Tony says ignore them why should they drive you away from somewhere your happy what gives then that right My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 2079180590 nothing it happens all to often in Bulgaria and like Blink is saying they have nothing better to do and what are they hiding which is oh so very true, please think carefully about it and if its what you both want then fine but don't be driven out by clowns My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 1430720830
Back to top Go down
Kahl1963
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:07 pm

Kahl1963 wrote:
Hello folks,

I am back......but sadly, not for long...we are leaving Bulgaria, it has become impossible to live somewhere where rumours are so rife, that it has now seriously interfered with friendships. I have been back only 4 days and in that time, things have gone bad to worse.....so Pat and I are selling up, we are leaving Bulgaria next week...so we do need some help from people on this forum.....we have 2 pedigree retrievers(male &
female, both have been done and have passports)that need a new home together....they are outside dogs, not chained, but can be bought inside as they are house trained. 1 pedigree female cocker spanial, lovely temperament and house trained, but can be left outside, but not chained. Lastly, sadly I have to leave my Bengal cat behind, he is 6 yrs old, and needs to be homed on his own....he cost us over 5000 pounds and is not a lap cat, he comes to you, not you to him..any enquiries, please call me on 061402266. I know this should be elsewhere, but we have no internet, I am using a internet cafe and I haven't much time....so please forgive my tardiness!!! Also, we still have the cars for sale...they are going cheap now...1500 euros for Mitsubishi Shogon. Frontera 2500 euros.

I know this isn't what you all wanted to hear, or see, but the time has come to move on...we will stay in touch on here though and I will be coming back and forth with deliveries until the end of the year.

Thank you to all who have asked after me, etc etc etc...much appreciated and welcomed.

Hi, Please note that we no longer have internet, so please call us on the above number for enquiries...we are so busy atm with packing etc, plus making grills for the house security.

Thanks T
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:11 pm

cheekychops wrote:
My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 927475117 My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 927475117 :Very sad:Kahl1963 &
Pat I was just getting use to have you both around and your going :Very sad:as Tony says ignore them why should they drive you away from somewhere your happy what gives then that right My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 2079180590 nothing it happens all to often in Bulgaria and like Blink is saying they have nothing better to do and what are they hiding which is oh so very true, please think carefully about it and if its what you both want then fine but don't be driven out by clowns My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 1430720830

Agree with you here again cheeekychops. Had a small expierence of something similar being used then abused. But you must rise above it, be proud. Who are these clowns anyway. Users every single one of them. People will believe what they want but at the end of the day it is you that knows the truth whatever it may be.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi Pat and Kahl,
So sorry to hear this sad news. We hope Pat has been OK with what ever has been going on while you were away. Such a shame it has had to end like this.
Please keep in touch on the forum. We wish you well and good luck.
Annette &
Eric
My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 3998065313 My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 3386807041
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 3:14 pm

What can I say that hasn't already been said My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 3998065313 I'm sorry that you have had to put up with this kind of crap and I hope Pat hasn't suffered to much from these horrors either, I wished she had mentioned it before and at least we may have been able to help more while you were away, I know its not easy but please think about it and don't let the Booooooooogers get you down and show them that you are a much better person than they will ever be as already said some of these people have too much time on their hands and live such sad lives they come to Bulgaria and bring the same crap with them and I wouldn't mind betting that most not all come from a lowlife council;
estate similar to Beirut or Cuba. Good luck to both of you with whatever you do? and please keep in touch with us all H H s
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 3:44 pm

So sorry to read your post Kahl. I suspect that quite a few Brits leave Bulgaria because of nastiness like this. There are some very odd Brits out here which seem to set out to poison the lives of others who are happy. My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 927475117
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 4:34 pm

How true those words are oldun but how sorry I am to hear this which happens so often in Bulgaria. I wish you both well for the future g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 4:38 pm

My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 1763269238

Hi Kahl &
Pat so very sorry for your troubles - Sincerely wish you both all the luck in the world My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 1430720830

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:06 pm

oldun wrote:
So sorry to read your post Kahl. I suspect that quite a few Brits leave Bulgaria because of nastiness like this. There are some very odd Brits out here which seem to set out to poison the lives of others who are happy. My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 927475117

How right you are oldun. Take a look at the Google search postings below and have a brief insight as to what me and my family have been subjected to, and all we did was buy a lovely villa in a pleasant country to have some fun and enjoyment with our family and grand-children during our retirement. As you say oldun there are people out there that set out to poison the lives of others who are/were happy My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 927475117 My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 927475117
I am sorry that Kahl and Pat have been driven out of the country, My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 927475117 but I wish you all the luck in the world and enjoy a better future life My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Its a shame you've been hounded out buy these people and am sorry to see you go but its better your both happy anywhere really than have to put up with such nonsense. I wish you both all the very best.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:12 am

Sorry to hear this all the best to you both My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 739492727
Back to top Go down
fruitlover
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:25 am

Thanks for this information, all this is helpful to know! Like you we are upbeat open-minded people hoping to make new friends when we find the right spot to move to, so on that topic, is it reasonable to ask members to post their opinions as to where this cliquey-ness is worst and (especially) where we might find more of the easy-going non critical kind of folk we like to mingle with?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:28 am

fruitlover wrote:
Thanks for this information, all this is helpful to know! Like you we are upbeat open-minded people hoping to make new friends when we find the right spot to move to, so on that topic, is it reasonable to ask members to post their opinions as to where this cliquey-ness is worst and (especially) where we might find more of the easy-going non critical kind of folk we like to mingle with?

Difficult to say - believe there will be some anywhere in Bulgaria. I'm personally getting a lot from Brits in the UK who don't even live here. s s s s s
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:35 am

fruitlover wrote:

Hi ya fruitlover if you can please introduce yourself in the new member introductions, and let us know where you are thinking of who you are, what you do etc. I dare say you would get lots of interesting replies. If you have already done this then brill.

Tony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Bulgarian Experience

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next