My Bulgarian Experience

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Kahl1963
Junior user
Junior user

My Bulgarian Experience - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:03 am

First topic message reminder :

:Thank you:For the personal invite I had via my email, interesting and hopefully a lot better than these other sites.

My wife and I moved here almost 3 years ago, the reason we moved here was to start a new life, live it and not work it.....like we did in the UK. We have been fortunate to have not had a bad experience with being ripped off, although my first day living in Bulgaria was almost "
MAYBE I MADE A MISTAKE"
, but we came through that and it worked in our favour. We bought a house in a small village, where there were a few British, it had been renovated by Bulgarians and pretty good standard, but like everything-we British do like perfection for our money.....doesn't happen here that often.

Anyway, we are not rich, never have been and I do need to work, so I thought..carry on doing over here what I had done in the UK for the past 15 years, which was a Multi-task internal builder.........big mistake! Having never lived abroad before, little did we realise how clicky and selfish a lot of people were in the English community, they didn't have a nice word to say about anyone.....this was a big culture shock. People who we had met and thought were ok, were saying 'don't talk to them because we don't get on with them, and if you do we don't want anything to do with you'.......ALARM BELLS.....we have come to a country where the English community dictate who we can be friends with and who we can't.....Sorry folks, WE choose our friends and if YOU don't get on with them, them that doesn't mean WE won't. So, we now keep ourselves to ourselves.

It will amaze you all on here that there are a lot of people in Bulgaria who have heard of me, I went to a village only 2 weeks ago, never been there before....delivered some goods from the UK, introduce myself as Kahl and they said 'not Kahl from Stefan Stambolovo?' Imagine my surprise when they said they had heard that I was a dodgy builder, a rip off merchant, arrogant and a nasty person.......also not someone to cross. I said that if you believe everything you hear, then you are as bad as the people who are spreading these lies.....I talk about no-one, I never slag anyone off and if I do have something to say, then I will say it to the face of the recipient, not anyone else. If that is wrong, then sorry folks.....I was born on Mars.

Apart from all this, we are happy here...we grow all our own vegetables, we keep chickens, ducks, turkeys, rabbits, 2 pigs and 1 bullock..all for food. I am not a butcher, but I do all my own slaughtering and butchering..we have lamb chops from the Lambs we slaughter, we have pork chops from the pigs we slaughter and when we slaughter our bull, we will have topside beef, sirloin and steaks....all because I did my homework and I don't mind eating my own home grown food.

To all who read this through and think that I am slagging off...I am not, I am expressing myself...I am normally a happy go lucky person, a bit of a joker and on rare occasions will go that extra mile to help my fellow comrades or customers........ My Bulgarian Experience - Page 8 1995268642 My Bulgarian Experience - Page 8 3023850720

PS I do drink, but not often...perhaps 1 beer a month.....that was more than I did in the UK, so perhaps I am on my way to being a fully fledged alcoholic. My Bulgarian Experience - Page 8 1865348797
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
fruitlover
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 2:06 pm

When I posted my first reply on here a couple of hours ago I'd only read the one page (not noticed there was more) so I'm shocked to read these lovely people actually LEFT because of other folks' horridness! I'm so sorry, and hope my own words didn't seem insensive.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 2:11 pm

Every-bodies luck in life is different. Take yours as it happens. My Bulgarian Experience - Page 8 1430720830
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 2:33 pm

It is very sad but not all the ex-pats are the same I think you will find no matter where you go in the world you will get this its just a case of choosing your friends very carefully and just to add I think these kind of people that pray on others because they are generally board with their life
Back to top Go down
fruitlover
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:22 pm

Thankyou TonyB and Cheekychops, I'm sure you're right. In my experience people act superior when underneath they feel insecure, so in order to feel OK about themselves they imagine others as less worthy in comparison. Relatively harmless if they keep it to themselves but damaging when they try to demonstrate it to others. I feel compassion for people who look down on me, because I know who I am. I avoid designer goods because I reckon if somebody wants me to wear their name on my clothes they should be paying me for that favour not the other way around. I'm not in the least materialistic and that can be uncomfortable for people less confident in their own identity, so it can make then dislike me!
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:36 am

We are what we are. What you see is what you get.
If we are happy in our own little world then so be it. I have not treated myself to any new clothes for ages does it bother me or my friends no.
What is wrong with living your own little life, it is your life and if your happy with it live it as you wish. Why should others interfere it has nothing to do with them, why should they make your life there business.
H s H
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:40 am

itchyfeet wrote:
Why should others interfere it has nothing to do with them, why should they make your life there business.

I trust you'll make that clear to all the nosey and interfering bleeders in Bulgaria when you get over, Eric. s s s s s s s
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:50 pm

Hi Pat &
Kahl,
You will be off tomorrow.
Wishing you all the best, hope you got everything sorted.
My Bulgarian Experience - Page 8 3386807041 My Bulgarian Experience - Page 8 1430720830 My Bulgarian Experience - Page 8 3386807041
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Bulgarian Experience

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8