My Bulgarian Experience

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kahl1963
Junior user
Junior user

My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:03 am

First topic message reminder :

:Thank you:For the personal invite I had via my email, interesting and hopefully a lot better than these other sites.

My wife and I moved here almost 3 years ago, the reason we moved here was to start a new life, live it and not work it.....like we did in the UK. We have been fortunate to have not had a bad experience with being ripped off, although my first day living in Bulgaria was almost "
MAYBE I MADE A MISTAKE"
, but we came through that and it worked in our favour. We bought a house in a small village, where there were a few British, it had been renovated by Bulgarians and pretty good standard, but like everything-we British do like perfection for our money.....doesn't happen here that often.

Anyway, we are not rich, never have been and I do need to work, so I thought..carry on doing over here what I had done in the UK for the past 15 years, which was a Multi-task internal builder.........big mistake! Having never lived abroad before, little did we realise how clicky and selfish a lot of people were in the English community, they didn't have a nice word to say about anyone.....this was a big culture shock. People who we had met and thought were ok, were saying 'don't talk to them because we don't get on with them, and if you do we don't want anything to do with you'.......ALARM BELLS.....we have come to a country where the English community dictate who we can be friends with and who we can't.....Sorry folks, WE choose our friends and if YOU don't get on with them, them that doesn't mean WE won't. So, we now keep ourselves to ourselves.

It will amaze you all on here that there are a lot of people in Bulgaria who have heard of me, I went to a village only 2 weeks ago, never been there before....delivered some goods from the UK, introduce myself as Kahl and they said 'not Kahl from Stefan Stambolovo?' Imagine my surprise when they said they had heard that I was a dodgy builder, a rip off merchant, arrogant and a nasty person.......also not someone to cross. I said that if you believe everything you hear, then you are as bad as the people who are spreading these lies.....I talk about no-one, I never slag anyone off and if I do have something to say, then I will say it to the face of the recipient, not anyone else. If that is wrong, then sorry folks.....I was born on Mars.

Apart from all this, we are happy here...we grow all our own vegetables, we keep chickens, ducks, turkeys, rabbits, 2 pigs and 1 bullock..all for food. I am not a butcher, but I do all my own slaughtering and butchering..we have lamb chops from the Lambs we slaughter, we have pork chops from the pigs we slaughter and when we slaughter our bull, we will have topside beef, sirloin and steaks....all because I did my homework and I don't mind eating my own home grown food.

To all who read this through and think that I am slagging off...I am not, I am expressing myself...I am normally a happy go lucky person, a bit of a joker and on rare occasions will go that extra mile to help my fellow comrades or customers........ My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 1995268642 My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 3023850720

PS I do drink, but not often...perhaps 1 beer a month.....that was more than I did in the UK, so perhaps I am on my way to being a fully fledged alcoholic. My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 1865348797
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:35 pm

A man after my own heat you say what you think and you don't suffer fools My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 2706089290 I have been reading you posts here and I have to say how refreshing it is to read such honesty and yet such compassionate words, I'm looking forward to reading more about your experiences and your life in Bulgaria My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 570106603
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:11 pm

Indeed Blink because in spite of the few people who spoil things, there is a good life to be had here in Bulgaria. s
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:34 pm

oldun wrote:
Indeed Blink because in spite of the few people who spoil things, there is a good life to be had here in Bulgaria. s

I could not agree more. Despite an unpleasant experience that we had, we love it here and long may it continue g
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:39 pm

Your post is so very true,we have been here 2 years now,and yes unless you want to be part of an English click then your very much on your own,but hey do we care no,i have met some great brits through my work you included Tony,but the click seen is not for my wife and i,we love our Bulgarian friends and to be honest we can do without the click culture,when we moved here 2 years ago we had lots of so called friends,but over time they proved not to be,but the good thing is you can choose your friends,and there are a lot of nice brits about,thats my moan over
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:43 pm

That's not a moan that's a statement of truth. T
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:03 pm

mickhev wrote:
Your post is so very true,we have been here 2 years now,and yes unless you want to be part of an English click then your very much on your own,but hey do we care no,i have met some great brits through my work you included Tony,but the click seen is not for my wife and i,we love our Bulgarian friends and to be honest we can do without the click culture,when we moved here 2 years ago we had lots of so called friends,but over time they proved not to be,but the good thing is you can choose your friends,and there are a lot of nice brits about,thats my moan over

Well and truly said Mick My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 3356871870 My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 3023850720
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:56 pm

I just had to read this again in order to give me a reality check and bring a huge smile to my face when I reminded myself why Bulgaria is the place to be although there are pit falls but overall its the only place for me T
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:45 pm

Yes it is heart warming, I can't wait till he's back and tells us all about his trip g
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:25 pm

Any news yet from Kahl? looking forward to reading more inspiring words from him My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 570106603
Back to top Go down
Pat1951
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:47 pm

:Howdy:Kahl is planning to leave the UK on Sunday so hopefully he will be home by the 22nd. My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 2706089290 once he has had a few days to catch up I am sure he will be back on the forum. Thank you all for your comments .
Back to top Go down
Pat1951
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:58 am

:Howdy:Update ..... don't think Kahl will be leaving the UK today, they've had 8"
of snow where he is and it was still snowing last night when I spoke to him and the temp was minus 4, AND his van is stuck on a hill in a road that doesn't get cleared :Headbang:He's not a happy chappy :Very sad:neither am I
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 10:04 am

Yes sad for you Pat but better to be safe than sorry.
Lets hope he will make it back for Christmas with you. :Xmas2: :Snow window:
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 10:10 am

Fingers crossed he gets moving soon and you will be together soon My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 3367882216
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:58 am

My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 1763269238

Hi Pat

Real sorry to hear that, but it would probably be better for him to stay here and be safe until the weather breaks. We are in for a lot more snow so no point in risking any traveling now. All the airports are even canceling flights now.

Oddy Angel
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 3:30 pm

Just been speaking to my son who lives near Manchester and the temp there at the moment is -8 and there doesn't seem to be any flights I don't know where Kahl is at the min but bets he stays put for a while and hope the weather gets warmer My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 3367882216
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Bulgarian Experience   My Bulgarian Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Bulgarian Experience

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next