Gardening What to Plant and When

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is just for little old selfish me,no not really,until coming to Bg never done much gardening,so any help when to plant things how to plant and any tips would be great

Mike
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:18 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
Give us a cutting mick please

I can send you something when I get mine if you like, Tony.
s s s s s
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Ok Tony will do

Mike
Back to top Go down
ABC Property Surveyors.BG
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 2:05 pm

Rhubarb leaves are poisonous to animals.Should keep the neighbours goats off your fences though...........
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 2:06 pm

ABC Property Surveyors.BG wrote:
Rhubarb leaves are poisonous to animals.Should keep the neighbours goats off your fences though...........

Won't most animals intuit that and not eat them?
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 5:04 pm

Wow what a lot of good information and pictures here I'm not a gardener really but with time to kill when I get over there I will want to do something and why not grow my own produce at least I will know whats gone into it and the bonus being watching it grow and finally eating the fruite of my labour. Thank you all for this post and your contributions and I'm looking forward to reading more as we all get into spring.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:59 am

Hi Andy,

It's generally easy to grow things here, especially if they're indigenous. We love gooseberry bushes, raspberries, strawberries, loganberries, plums and figs, because they don't really need much care, but produce fruit in abundance. We are trying rhubarb, swedes and a few other this year. You'll find a lot of people don't bother with tomatoes and cucumbers because they need quite a lot of care and are so cheap in the shops anyway. Good luck in whatever you do grow.

Regards, George.
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 6:53 pm

we grew our rhubarb from seed which is supposed to be hard! we are thinking of using it for a hedge as it grows like a triffid here g
We have grown English swede seeds no problem, and it was 4 years old! I had a polythene greenhouse for last 3 years but this year won't bother.
The veg. catches up so fast for us it's not worth the trouble to plant early or under plastic/glass, but only my opinion.We live in Dobrich area and if you put it in the ground it will almost certainly grow.Whatever it is put it in and try. Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 3386807041
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Well comne on everyone tell us what you going to plant this year and why? Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 3023850720
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:39 pm

scott wrote:
Well comne on everyone tell us what you going to plant this year and why? Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 3023850720

I hope to plant the BG president Borisov this year. Ask any Bulgarian and they'll tell you why s s s
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:07 am

So far Runner Beans are in French Dwarf going in shortly both because they freeze easy and taste just as good as fresh.

Beetroot this month as are Cauliflower and then in early May Tomatoes.

Onions Garlic and Potatoes are a waste of time as they are so cheap to buy plus Colorado beetle ruined my last try at the spuds.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:12 am

tonyb60 wrote:
So far Runner Beans are in French Dwarf going in shortly both because they freeze easy and taste just as good as fresh.

Onions Garlic and Potatoes are a waste of time as they are so cheap to buy plus Colorado beetle ruined my last try at the spuds.

Good to see you're planting some good stuff, Tony and not bothering with the things not worth bothering with :))

This year, apart from all the usual fruit bushes and trees and strawberries we already have and don't need much care, we are trying asparagus, rhubarb, honeydew melons, swedes, beetroot and turnips.

Peas might be an idea?

Regards, George.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:14 am

coriolanus wrote:
tonyb60 wrote:

Good to see you're planting some good stuff, Tony and not bothering with the things not worth bothering with :))

This year, apart from all the usual fruit bushes and trees and strawberries we already have and don't need much care, we are trying asparagus, rhubarb, honeydew melons, swedes, beetroot and turnips.

Peas might be an idea?

Regards, George.

Rhubarb is a good idea I'm waiting for a friend to get mine. Yes I will plant peas they give a good yield.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:18 am

tonyb60 wrote:
Rhubarb is a good idea I'm waiting for a friend to get mine.

I'll be getting rhubarb in the shop on Tuesday with my latest consignment from the UK. I'll have far more than I need, so you can always get some from me should your friend not come through s s
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:32 am

We concentrate mainly on the things we struggle/ can't get here.
4 rows of parsnips - which we blanche and freeze
Trying swedes for the first time this year - again easy to blanchce and freeze
brussels - hit and miss whether you can get them in the shops
pak choi - nice in home-made coleslaw
15 packets of sage!!!! - an essential herb for us as we make our own sausages - since November we have made 70m of "
Lincolnshire style"
sausages
plus the easy to grow - cherry tomatoes, normal tomatoes, courgettes, cucumber, aubergine and beetroot.
Tried broccolli for 2 years not bothering this year - just seems to go to seed - we just buy and freeze when I see it on offer in the shops.
We are not bothering with onions, carrots, and potatoes (always get colerado beetle) - all are cheap and easily available

Also got loads of flower seedlings started in propagators.

s s
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 11:22 am

Esta wrote:
15 packets of sage!!!! - an essential herb for us as we make our own sausages - since November we have made 70m of "
Lincolnshire style"
sausages

Do you sell these sausages at all or are they just for your own use?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gardening What to Plant and When

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next