Gardening What to Plant and When

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is just for little old selfish me,no not really,until coming to Bg never done much gardening,so any help when to plant things how to plant and any tips would be great

Mike
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Quote :
Do you sell these sausages at all or are they just for your own use?

Thought about it - but transportation and what to charge for them have been our issues. We mainly "
barter"
with them!!!!! give a few to friends etc. Or stick them in our "
rather full"
freezer. We have found a lot of Bulgarians like them as well.

g
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 12:23 pm

Its interesting to see what your all planting and the surceases you have had along with few faliers, I haven't yet decided what I'm going to do with our garden but looking at this thread it all seem hopeful so I just might be giving it a go next year , its to late for me this year as there is so much groundwork to get done but I will definitely be trying to grow some of what you have all grown. Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 3356871870
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 12:31 pm

Quote :
Carmen
its to late for me this year as there is so much groundwork to get done

Why not just do a small patch for tomatoes and cucumbers. Buy small plants cheap from a bazaar..... no messing around with seeds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:13 pm

Good thinking I might just do that T
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:12 am

Anyone got any pictures of their garden this year ? Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 739492727
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:06 am

Not had a good year this time but here is a picture of some of what we got.

Back to top Go down
Vic S
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 3:12 pm

Coming from Yorkshire I do miss rhubarb, and nobody here seems to know what it is or where you can get it. I would really like to grow some next spring, any information as to where I can buy a root or two would be much appreciated. T

Vic S
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 6:41 pm

We were very naughty and brought a couple of crowns with us in the car.
Planted them straight away, but we thought they hadn't survived the really
hot weather.
However, we noticed just last week that there are signs of life!
Saying that though, we've never seem any for sale. You'll need to smuggle
some in! Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 3998065313
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:15 pm

Carmen wrote:
Not had a good year this time but here is a picture of some of what we got.

Well done Carmen H You did great g

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
Vic S
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:59 pm

Might be going back for a week next March to dispose of our house contents but I don't think I will get through the customs at Plovdiv with it no matter how I try to camouflage it. Can you bring a bouquet through? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:53 pm

Its that time of year. Time to prune the grape vines and the fruit trees. g

You can if your brave (like me) put in Beetroot (sicklo) and Peas (Grac).

Once the frosts are gone and the snow which should be after next week depending on where in BG you are you can start putting seeds in boxes under cover. Simple Closh (hope that is how you spell it) but basically and few long thin poles set out in u shapes covered in Polythene, will act as a mini green house. Grew loads last year with this method. Trying all sorts again this year mainly flowers much cheaper than buying from Kaufland or Garden Centres if you can find one. Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 739492727

Still cannot find a Rhubarb Crown though Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 927475117
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:32 pm

love this time of year, getting the soil prepared for planting. planning what flowers to put in the garden.
However, last year i failed miserably with my central flower bed, it was baron, sparse and an embarrassment. Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 927475117

could do with some advice on what type of plants (names in english please) to plant in this large flower bed, with something large in the centre. you cannot do any worse than i did last year. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:42 pm

starlite wrote:
love this time of year, getting the soil prepared for planting. planning what flowers to put in the garden.
However, last year i failed miserably with my central flower bed, it was baron, sparse and an embarrassment. Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 927475117

could do with some advice on what type of plants (names in english please) to plant in this large flower bed, with something large in the centre. you cannot do any worse than i did last year. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stick with what you know., and are easy to grow g. Marigolds, Petunia's Geraniums, Pansy etc for low level cover. For a central bush Hydrangea is probably the best bet as it will stand the heat more than most. But saying that I lost 2 last year but it was my fault as we went away for 3 weeks and they did not get watered. Forsythia is another one and also Wegila the former has lovely yellow flowers and the later nice redy pink flowers. Ours do really well. :Handshake:But don't forget the good old Rose bush trim it hard and they will come back every year with loads of blossom. But beware of them thorns they hurt Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 1865348797 Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 1865348797
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:48 pm

stick with what you know = 0 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

thanks tony, i need to learn how to plan, not a gardener but enjoy trying. g
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:56 pm

I'm no gardener either Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 1865348797 :Very funny 2:My garden is mainly grass with a small veggie patch. My Bulgarian mate throws his arms up in dispair with me most of the time. But the Bulgarians love someone that has a go. I love growing fruit trees prune em spray em and eat what grows on em [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gardening What to Plant and When   Gardening What to Plant and When - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gardening What to Plant and When

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next