View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

The weather - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: The weather   The weather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 10:06 am

First topic message reminder :

This is crazy but fantastic  s [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and only 40 days to this Tree long may it last and continue to B-B-Q :Fantastic:
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: The weather   The weather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 8:36 am

Quote :
We are completely snowed in now so all that work clearing the paths and me clearing a path throught the roadway was a waste of time it has all been filled in and more

Similar here, but easier to move the new fall than dig through the frozen compact stuff, 1hr work instead of three, and you get some exercise g Looks like the rain forecast for us at the weekend has changed to more snow The weather - Page 5 1305387665

All services working so not all bad
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The weather   The weather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 4:17 pm

That is good news Bazz hopefully all will go well for mike&Tanya's flight tonight from Plovdiv.

We have about 4ft now cart is almost covered now got to the woodshed this morning

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The weather   The weather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 11:57 am

We can get to the garage no so went inside to check all was ok. Thankfully no water got in but once again the new toilet we bought last year has split open. We took the water out and put antifreeze in the system and down the toilet. This is the third toilet we have put in there now and it is getting quite expensive buy a new one every year, so either we don't both with one or take it out during the winter months. The same thing happend above the garage but thankfully we did not fit a new one last year it is still in the box waiting.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: The weather   The weather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 12:31 pm

oddball wrote:
We can get to the garage no so went inside to check all was ok.  Thankfully no water got in but once again the new toilet we bought last year has split open.  We took the water out and put antifreeze in the system and down the toilet.  This is the third toilet we have put in there now and it is getting quite expensive buy a new one every year, so either we don't both with one or take it out during the winter months. The same thing happend above the garage but thankfully we did not fit a new one last year it is still in the box waiting.

The weather - Page 5 3671290933 It would be much cheaper to use the old fashion way, a bucket and chuck it job The weather - Page 5 2204270746 The weather - Page 5 2204270746 The weather - Page 5 2204270746 The weather - Page 5 2204270746 The weather - Page 5 2204270746
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   The weather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 1:07 pm

The first winter I was here, we faced the same problem. I just went to the lowest point in the water pipe and put in a drain cock...at the beginning of winter I turn off the water at the meter, open all taps and flush each loo...the water drains back out of the cock and leaves the system empty. No problems since then.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The weather   The weather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 8:05 pm

I think this is what Dougie has done He has put red turn off levers on everything that has water flowing through. We learn something new every year.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: Re: The weather   The weather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 9:00 pm

That's a good start, but he has to be able to drain all the water back away from the taps and the toilet system. if the pipes are fully charged, the expansion which happens when the temp goes below freezing will cause the problems. Turn it off at the lowest point and let all the water flood onto the ground, leave all the taps on, flush all the toilets and let all the water run backwards until the pipes are empty...no more problems. If there is no water in the pipes or in the plastic toilet tank, no expansion can occur...no more problems.

Basically speaking...no water...no problem!!

H H
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The weather   The weather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 9:17 pm

T Bazz will show him this post tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user
mike&tanya

PostSubject: Re: The weather   The weather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 7:25 am

oddball wrote:
That is good news Bazz hopefully all will go well for mike&Tanya's flight tonight from Plovdiv.

Got away on Wednesday evening ok but the flight was about an hour late due to a prevous weather related problem somewhere in Europe. Landed at Stansted to snow which lasted till Saturday, As much as I love skiing and snow I was glad to see the back of it in the end.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The weather   The weather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 9:47 pm

Brilliant Mike Glad all went well.  Take care. g
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: The weather   The weather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 12:38 pm

did it rain or did it rain !!!!..nearly needed a boat again..went into Varna in the eve to meet my 2 favourite peeps from the UK for dinner and was sure the taxi would not make it , scarey ..it was driving threw street of rivers....mind you it was worth it to see them
anothe one of those cyclones from the med it would seem...
wish theyd stay there....! The weather - Page 5 3367882216
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The weather   The weather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 2:46 pm

Glad you all had a good time VG sorry about the rain. Been nice here in Silistra yesterday but cloudy and cold today and now we have rain, not much. The sky looks brighter now so maybe the heavy rains will pass us by. All the snow has more or less gone now and the best news of all is now water logged in our garden so the drains I dug out have worked well The weather - Page 5 2706089290 The weather - Page 5 2706089290 I am so clever you know The weather - Page 5 2381841692
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: The weather   The weather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 1:19 pm

varnagirl wrote:
did it rain or did it rain !!!!..nearly needed a boat again..went into Varna in the eve to meet my 2 favourite peeps from the UK for dinner  and was sure the taxi would not make it , scarey ..it was driving threw street of rivers....mind you it was worth it to see them
anothe one of those cyclones from the med it would seem...
wish theyd stay there....! The weather - Page 5 3367882216

It's good to know that varnagirl has some favourite people and we are two of them
Yes VG, it was a lovely evening and thank you for braving the weather. and spending a very pleasant evening with us, you know how important it is to me and how much it is appreciated. The only downside for me was that I had to drive 50k back to our villa and as the surface water was so deep in places I couldn't see the potholes and by golly there were plenty of them especially around the Dobrich area, also the two police road blocks going up the hill from Varna airport.
Read my report on Traveling to and around Bulgaria
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The weather   The weather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 2:41 pm

Sorry we did not get to see you both this time Willow but weather was not good for us to travel that far, but next time for sure.  The weather is picking up now today it is sunny and yesterday it was nice and sunny but cold, we went to Yvanka's for Dougie's birthday lunch.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: The weather   The weather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 2:57 pm

oddball wrote:
Sorry we did not get to see you both this time Willow but weather was not good for us to travel that far, but next time for sure.  The weather is picking up now today it is sunny and yesterday it was nice and sunny but cold, we went to Yvanka's for Dougie's birthday lunch.
Happy Dougie You will be catching me up before to long Pint
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The weather   The weather - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The weather

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next