Weather Station

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Weather Station Empty
PostSubject: Weather Station   Weather Station Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Hi everyone for those of you that like to keep up with the local weather,i have just had a weather station installed on the roof of my house in Boyajik which is 15 miles south of Yambol,which will give you up to date weather for our region there will be a link a [url=http:
//www.
:3rik4gwm][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that will take you straight to my weather station but i will have to ask the mods on this site if i am allowed to add the link,dont want to break any rules

Link added by Admin on behalf of mickhev

[url=http:
//www.
stamb.
net/boyadzhik/station/wxyrdotno.
php:3rik4gwm]Click here[/url:3rik4gwm]

Mike
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Weather Station Empty
PostSubject: Weather Station   Weather Station Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:11 pm

No problems Mike I have Pm'd you

ATB
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

Weather Station Empty
PostSubject: Weather Station   Weather Station Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:13 pm

Great idea look forward to seeing it
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

Weather Station Empty
PostSubject: Weather Station   Weather Station Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:29 pm

Well done mike I look forward to seeing it especially as my house is in the next village and the fact that its live will be a bonus
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Sarah
Super user
Super user

Weather Station Empty
PostSubject: Weather Station   Weather Station Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:35 pm

All very good this and I'm sure we will all benefit from it but how does it work ? sorry I'm having a blonde moment
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Weather Station Empty
PostSubject: Weather Station   Weather Station Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:18 pm

Hi everyone as promised the link to my weather station

I now have the web address for my weather station is [url=http:
//www.
stamb.
net/boyadzhik/station/wxyrdotno.
php:3q9fpqiy][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

feel free to browse the site lots of information,and other weather stations in bg
if you have any questions feel free to ask take your time to look around its very informative,tells you all about earthquakes,lightening weather trends,the live button gives you a up to date forecast,have fun and enjoy,most of the weather stations have also live web cam,as so do i.

Mike
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Weather Station Empty
PostSubject: Weather Station   Weather Station Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:56 am

Re Weather station its now fully working with live Web Cam,but i have a small problem with the rain sensor,hope to have it fixed in a few days

Mike
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Weather Station Empty
PostSubject: Weather Station   Weather Station Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:31 am

Just been looking at your weather station and it's very good I like the idea of the web cam it gives you a sense of the reality of what's going on I couldn't quite see if it was snowing or not but there was plenty of snow about and you were warm is your house at 21.3
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Weather Station Empty
PostSubject: Weather Station   Weather Station Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:50 am

Just a little information for you regarding the weather station.on the left of the screen you will see all the buttons like live.radar.forecast,so if you click Boyajik then live it gives you the information for Boyajik area,then if you choose another village say Razdel which is near the Turkish border about an hour from me you can click on all the information for his vilage,
there re 17 weather stations in Bulgaria on this network so you should find one close to yourself.
if anyone is interested in having their own weather station pm me and i will give you a contact number,hes very good he will come to your home and install everything for you,its all wireless so no messy wires,you can add lots of sensors as extras to do various readings,i just have the basic setup but its more than enough information for me and my friends.have a nice day in or out,me i am in today dont like the cold to much

Mike
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

Weather Station Empty
PostSubject: Weather Station   Weather Station Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:59 am

Hello Mike this all sounds very interesting to me although over my head a bit but don't worry about that it doesn’t take much anyway I'm fascinated with your gadget and I'm sure I will be contacting you at some point for information, from what I can see this is your first winter in Bulgaria and I would love to hear first hand from a brit what they thought of it and how you copped what I mean is are the roads passable will your heating cope with the low temps, and so on and I presume that there will be things like getting supplies and water pipes freezing up, anyway if you can keep us all posted about the situation through the winter and the snow
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Weather Station Empty
PostSubject: Weather Station   Weather Station Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:25 pm

Yes your right this is our first winter,what you notice here is totally differant to the uk,when theres a few inches of snow in uk everybody panic buys,all the milk goes all the bread goes,not here we go to our village shop like this morning lots of bread and milk,people in the villages learn to cope,in the summer they prepare their winter food,we went to our neibour for dinner last week and out came a jar full of goats meat,the freezer was full so they preserve whats left in jars,and it tasted loverly,just thought i would mention dont use the word preservative to a Bulgarian,it means condom.anyway back to the point,water pipes freezing not a problem yet and we have been douwn to -9,as far as the heating goes we have 3 wood burning stoves and it keeps our house like toast,but the wife always wants it warmer.as far as the roads go most of the villages are not cleared but when your out of the village you see loads and loads of snow ploughs as we have a landrover we have not had a problem yet,we travelled here in june last year sold our house in Uk bought a caravan put all our furniture in storage,and set off for Bulgaria,we had never been here before but liked the look of it,the cost of living very cheap,village life ect.if we didnt like it then it would have been a long holiday and we would have set off back to the Uk.well we are still here bought our house renovated most of it now,we started off on our arrival in Varna,but decided what they were asking for property was too expensive,so we made our way down to Yambol we had a contact that we had made when in England a real estate company,so off we set again caravan in tow,we arrived had a great welcome and the lady that owned the real estate company let us park our caravan in her field,and gave us the keys to her house so we could shower ect,we struck up a friendship and within a month we had looked at about 50 houses and bought this one,you have to be careful whatever you do dont buy one off e bay,it will probably look loverly but in a gypsy village,big problems,we havew a few gypsies in our village but only a few,also look for earthquake damage years ago they had a fairly big earthquake here in Bulgaria and you will see a lot of the older houses still bear the scars,big gapeing cracks,if any of you guys come over to buy a house and its in the Yambol area my wife and i would be more than happy to show you the nice villages,and the not so nice,have a nice day all hope i have not bored you too much

Mike
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Weather Station Empty
PostSubject: Weather Station   Weather Station Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:34 pm

Nice story Mike.

Our neighbour told us that when it gets to minus 3 or more, then leave an upstairs tap on 'trickle' overnight, which will prevent your pipes from freezing.

We have one log-burner which tends to heat most of the house but we also have reversible air-con which we switch on in the office first hour of the day before we go to get the logs in. I generally need a few pots of coffee before I'm ready for the logs!

Do I take it from your Avatar you ride bikes?

If so ... cool ... my current bike is a 600 Triumph sports bike (currently in a lock-up in France, I wouldn't want to ride a sports bike on the roads round here ... in fact, I'd be worried about a trials bike!).

However, when we first left the UK back in the early 90's we moved from Shropshire to south-west France on a Ducati ... not the most comfortable ride ever but a good adventure!

Cheers
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

Weather Station Empty
PostSubject: Weather Station   Weather Station Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Thanks you again Mike that is all good information and directly from a brit has bought recently which is a bonus for me, I don't want to hijack this weather post and get into trouble so maybe you or I could start a new topic and call it something like "
Bulgaria by a newbie"
or something as I'm sure others will be interested to hear how things go for you in your first year plus, a kind of blog really thanks again
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

Weather Station Empty
PostSubject: Weather Station   Weather Station Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:48 pm

I like it Mike I've just found out how to view with the webcam and it’s in real time too so all good I might get one of these for my house when I've made up my mind about what I'm going to do?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Weather Station Empty
PostSubject: Weather Station   Weather Station Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:54 pm

Yes they are good,in the summer i will get a web cam on the roof which will show a far better view,and theres lots of differant things you can do with it.my front entrance is just to the left of the picture,i keep the web cam open on my computer so i can see who is coming and going and i can record as well.so i could buy an extra cam and use it for cctv as its all recorded on the web i could access it anywhere in the world,pretty cool dont you think

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weather Station Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather Station   Weather Station Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weather Station

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next