View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

The crazy weather Empty
PostSubject: The crazy weather   The crazy weather Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:30 pm

What is going on in the world regarding the weather As I sit here now I am looking out at a snow blizzard and -2c, whilst the temperature in Varna is 12c. :Sunny:If my memory serves me right I thing BG had about two foot of snow this time last year :C: :C:

Varna Weather at a Glance
Weather Station
Varna
Elevation
41 m
Station Select
Now
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
Temperature
10 °C
Feels Like 10 °C
Wind(km/h)
Sunrise / Set
7:34 AM
5:04 PM
Moon
Waxing Gibbous
More Astronomy
Today
Mostly Cloudy 12 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Tonight
Clear 6 °C
Clear
Tomorrow
Fog 11 | 2 °C
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

The crazy weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crazy weather   The crazy weather Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:23 pm

I think we may have bought this on ourselves depending how you see things and what your prepared to believe? there are those that think its global warming and then there are those who think this is quite normal? and then there are others who think that our planet is now off its axes and this is the reason? I'm sure I could go on and on but we will never really know? All I would add is that our planet must be looked at as a life and because of that all life has feelings and the planet right now is very un-happy. The crazy weather 3023850720
Back to top Go down
Noddy
Senior user
Senior user
Noddy

The crazy weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crazy weather   The crazy weather Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 2:58 pm

So very true Scott and lets not forget all the nukes that have been exploded over the years which would have a devastating effect on any life and as you say our planet is very much alive and feels everything that goes on so some reaction is inevitable. The crazy weather 3356871870
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

The crazy weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crazy weather   The crazy weather Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 3:26 pm

A one megaton converts 46.58grams of matter into energy. Assuming liberally that we have exploded 10000 megatons in the last 60 years, that is 465.8kg of matter converted to energy. Using the law of conservation of momentum, and assuming that all of this energy produced a force in the same direction, the change in Earth's velocity is approximately 2E-18 m/s. We frequently encounter comets on their first visit to the inner solar system. As insignificant as these are, any of these comets has a far greater effect on the Earth's momentum than the nuclear bombs. Simulations of the evolution of the early solar system don't end up with nine large regularly-spaced planets. Instead, they end up with hundreds of small planets that merge by collision, and collisions between similar-sized planets could certainly radically change their rotations. Some planetary geologists have suggested the slow rotation of Venus and the extreme axial tilt of Uranus may have resulted from early collisions.

Nothing could seem simpler than a spinning top or a revolving wheel, but the rotation of real objects is a remarkably complex business. If objects are not perfectly symmetrical around their rotation axis, they naturally wobble around their rotation axis. The Earth, which is not perfectly spherical, wobbles observably. Even movements of weather systems modify the wobbles. Remember the saying throw a pebble in the sea and the ripples spread around the world. This will have a much more profound effect than the scientists say. I am not a scientist but even I can see how for example altering the axis will alter the relationship between the earth, the moon, and the sun. My own opinion is doom is nigh but changes will come.
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

The crazy weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crazy weather   The crazy weather Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 4:29 pm

I guess it could be a number of reasons when you think about it? or maybe all of them but I agree the climate has/is changing and no matter what we do now I believe its to late, you only have to look at the icecap to see that nothing will make any difference I'm sorry to say. The crazy weather 2581928987
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

The crazy weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crazy weather   The crazy weather Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 3:49 pm

There is literally nothing new under the sun and if you look back in history there have been strange weather phenomenons just as we have nowadays. Thanks to the media we just hear more about the world weather. Nothing really to get too excited about. Never had as mild a day in January as today in Mindya for the last 9 winters - didn't even light the fire but winter will come back and probably when its a heatwave in Britain in a few weeks time. Be thankful that transport rarely grinds to a halt here as in Britain whenever they have a few inches of snow.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

The crazy weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crazy weather   The crazy weather Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 5:12 pm

The crazy weather 3356871870, but the doomsayers won't agree with me..or thee.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

The crazy weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crazy weather   The crazy weather Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 2:47 pm

I am looking at the Bulgarian thermometer, and it is showing between 20 - 30 degrees centigrade, 2nd May, so has any member got any good/nice stories to tell us less fortunate. Anything that will make us :LMHO:and want to be there ie:- gardening, swimming, topless bathing :Very funny 2:exploring, B-B-Qing or just :Sunny:bathing in the garden. How many have done a house spring clean and planted the garden. Look forward to some inspiring replies T

PS have you all done your tax return and submitted The crazy weather 794030042
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

The crazy weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crazy weather   The crazy weather Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:04 pm

Well, much as I should be packing/cleaning ready for The Big Move, I'm afraid I have succumbed to the lure of the Cheshire sun and the dogs and I are sunbathing this afternoon. All summer clothes packed so it's off with the top and hope no-one is shocked by the huge mound of white blubber spread over the nice new lounger bought for our new garden. Just came in for a drink.....

Mrs Eq
Back to top Go down
chrisbriggs
Senior user
Senior user

The crazy weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crazy weather   The crazy weather Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:39 pm

We have been taking advantage of some lovely sunny days over the last week or so and painted the outside of the house. What is it with Bulgarian Paint, when they say that one tub will cover say 40sq metres, how much of that is included in the amount I end up wearing. I have never known paint to fly off the brush so easily. Anyway, almost finished, so enjoying the 70 degrees days in the sunshine and going for a beer now. Enjoy the weather wherever you are.
Ray The crazy weather 794030042
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

The crazy weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crazy weather   The crazy weather Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 4:42 pm

Absolutely gorgeous weather. Not doing anything special except enjoying sitting outside admiring our spectacular view or reading my kindle with the dog and cats by my side. No spring cleaning - life's too short to spend time on cleaning. The mood will take me one day. Doing a bit of weeding but its a thankless task and the weeds seem to grow back overnight. Potatoes coming up together with early carrots. Winter lettuce are gorgeous. Tomatoes and cucumbers in. Loads of fruit on the trees this year. I walk around each morning looking at the laden trees of apricots, plums,peaches, cherries (sour and sweet) drenki fruit, red and blackcurrants, chestnuts and cob nuts. Its so exciting to watch nature coming to life again. Lots of rambler roses about to come out over the arch my Hero has made. Pity we may have to leave before it all comes to fruition but thats life.

I am very happy at the moment after some depression and yes, taxes are all done and dusted. s s s
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

The crazy weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crazy weather   The crazy weather Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:19 pm

inspiration is the sunshine Yes the gardens growing well the flowers are out the roses are beginning to burst the buds the veg are going wild grass has to be cut every few days and the weeds well you learn to love them.
The house is cleaned and it's Easter eggs to paint and aload of hot cross buns cooking in the oven now ready to give to the neighbours.
Music is playing all over the town as people enjoy the cooler evening after the hot sun and the crickets are back in full volume croaking as only they do. The evening light lasts longer and it takes 2 hours an evening to water the garden but it's worth it.
If you haven't packed and come to live here what are you all waiting for.
OH yes the tax returns are done. s
Back to top Go down
expatinchina
Junior user
Junior user

The crazy weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crazy weather   The crazy weather Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:56 pm

Meanwhile here in the sub tropics we have had the coldest day in May since 1917 ...16 degrees.

Funny that - it was 29 yesterday.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

The crazy weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crazy weather   The crazy weather Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:04 pm

summer has arrived in bulgaria a week early. beautiful. s s s
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

The crazy weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crazy weather   The crazy weather Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:43 pm

chrissybg wrote:
inspiration is the sunshine Yes the gardens growing well the flowers are out the roses are beginning to burst the buds the veg are going wild grass has to be cut every few days and the weeds well you learn to love them.
The house is cleaned and it's Easter eggs to paint and aload of hot cross buns cooking in the oven now ready to give to the neighbours.
Music is playing all over the town as people enjoy the cooler evening after the hot sun and the crickets are back in full volume croaking as only they do. The evening light lasts longer and it takes 2 hours an evening to water the garden but it's worth it.
If you haven't packed and come to live here what are you all waiting for.
OH yes the tax returns are done. s

Fantastic
I asked for inspiration and you have certainly obliged, :Thank you:Happy Easter The crazy weather 739492727
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The crazy weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crazy weather   The crazy weather Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The crazy weather

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next