altText

How Bulgaria keeps migrants out

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: How Bulgaria keeps migrants out    How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 3:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

50 MILES OF FENCE

How Bulgaria keeps migrants out - with 50 miles of razor wire: Fence along Turkish border that is 15ft tall and 5ft wide said to have kept out 500 people in a month

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by oddball on Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: How Bulgaria keeps migrants out    How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 10:21 am

Flipping NORA [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you forgot to give him the tea and biscuits and cake of course How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 2706089290  How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 2581928987 La

Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: How Bulgaria keeps migrants out    How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 4:29 pm

It is just impossible to believe that nobody has done anything sensible about this situation for years - either the French or British governments! Or, for that matter other governments throughout Europe. Why don't they send the 'European Army' in? It is completely and totally unacceptable for the residents of Calais, the French police, the lorry drivers who are just trying to do their jobs and the British taxpayer who has to pay for them when they get through. This is not sustainable. Then we should take their lead. .. we should make it sooo hard like the Berlin Wall. .. rather than one little wire fence... razor wire  20 foot sloping wall...whatever it takes. . Otherwise it is just going to get worse. .. its time to get tough...but by the same token we have to remember that we are talking about people who are fleeing for their life so lets take a moment or 2 and consider the real issue here which isn't those running? How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 3367882216
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: How Bulgaria keeps migrants out    How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 11:33 pm

Am I the only one that sees desperate people? Some of the comments on here are not right. My son was watching football and eating pizza earlier, not a care in the world. I see sons and daughters.

Back to top Go down
Muppet
Muppet

PostSubject: Re: How Bulgaria keeps migrants out    How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 8:37 pm

Muppet wrote:
A fence is all well and good and will certainly keep illegal migrants out, especially in the winter when that part of the country hits 30 below. It is unacceptable that foreigners should have the temerity to even attempt to leave famine, war and pestilence for a better life.

Edited by Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Please do not post in this way some of what you posted here could be quite offensive to other members. We as a forum do not differentiate between race and colour neither do we endorse any kind of threat or violence. and we certainly don't disrespect any religion on the open forum no matter what our own thoughts might be g

You also have no comprehension of sarcasm
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 8:56 pm

Sorry Ashley and others, but can I jump in here?

This is addressed purely to you Mr Muppet...............sarcasm has absolutely no place on this, or any other forum. Comments, based on fact and which can be backed up with tangible evidence are mostly accepted.

You might want to go away and have a deep think about HOW  you are presenting yourself on our forum...it's not very pretty, or acceptable.

Sorry fellow forum members, I just could not let this go by without a response.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How Bulgaria keeps migrants out    How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 9:01 pm

It's not a case of having no comprehension of sarcasm! This forum has rules and yes some  sarcasm is acceptable but you crossed the line with some of the members on this forum who found your type of  sarcasm offensive which is why |I have asked you to think before you post, ie not all of us will see it in the same way. So please consider other members.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] T
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: How Bulgaria keeps migrants out    How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 9:20 am

Britain will be home to 8 million foreigners for first time as migrant crisis continues to engulf Europe

Oxford University's Migration Observatory predicts official figures out later this week will show a landmark number of foreign-born residents in the UK.

Britain's foreign-born population is set to top eight million for the first time ever in official figures to be published this week, according to academics from Oxford University.

The Migration Observatory, a group of independent experts at the prestigious institution, predicted the landmark will be reached in data to be published by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) on Thursday.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Muppet
Muppet

PostSubject: Re: How Bulgaria keeps migrants out    How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 9:52 am

justbazz wrote:

This is addressed purely to you Mr Muppet...............sarcasm has absolutely no place on this, or any other forum. Comments, based on fact and which can be backed up with tangible evidence are mostly accepted.

Because this thread is absolutely full of facts and tangible evidence, right?

The only person with any clue is Andy, who sees the humanity of the situation. Everyone else wants illegal migrants to 'go' - where precisely should they go? Should they stay in Syria and quietly starve to death or await a violent end in some other fashion? The UK is substantially responsible for all this - its adventures in Iraq and Afghanistan and Libya created the war and chaos that has caused people to have to leave. Even without this the world has changed. People have internet in Chad and Somalia and they see how people live in the civilised world - can you blame them for wanting to get there? If you expect them to quietly sit in poverty and misery rather than trying to better themselves you're delusional.

So as I noted in my first rudely edited first post you have a choice - stop them leaving, kill them before they get here or find a way to absorb them into your culture. Simply waving your Daily Mail at the government and demanding that they protect your social security pampered existence is not going to cut it. Europe is going to rapidly change; its going to get much more foreign, much less white and large numbers of our lazy uneducated citizens are going to have to start competing with people who literally crawled through hell on their knees to get a minimum wage job. Its going to be beautiful....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How Bulgaria keeps migrants out    How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 5:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if you find that your post has been rudely edited can I suggest you go elsewhere!! We as a forum have rules and if you don't like them then don't post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 6:50 pm

Well put Ashley....and I'm sure most of us agree with you.

I've read and reread the thread numerous times and I still can't find anything that is not valid, verifiable or relevent to the subject.

Everyone on here is entitled to an opinion and everyone is entitled to express that opinion...but, there are certain rules which must be followed...

Sarcasm is not usually followed by a positive response....

Negative comments regarding the way forum is moderated will always get you a blank response..

If I may offer some advice....tone it down a little...by all means post your thoughts, but think, BEFORE you hit the button.

I look forward to a mature reply.
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: How Bulgaria keeps migrants out    How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:09 am

Muppet wrote:
justbazz wrote:

The only person with any clue is Andy, who sees the humanity of the situation.  Everyone else wants illegal migrants to 'go' - where precisely should they go? Should they stay in Syria and quietly starve to death or await a violent end in some other fashion? The UK is substantially responsible for all this - its adventures in Iraq and Afghanistan and Libya created the war and chaos that has caused people to have to leave.  Even without this the world has changed. People have internet in Chad and Somalia and they see how people live in the civilised world - can you blame them for wanting to get there? If you expect them to quietly sit in poverty and misery rather than trying to better themselves you're delusional.

So as I noted in my first rudely edited first post you have a choice - stop them leaving, kill them before they get here or find a way to absorb them into your culture.  Simply waving your Daily Mail at the government and demanding that they protect your social security pampered existence is not going to cut it.  Europe is going to rapidly change; its going to get much more foreign, much less white and large numbers of our lazy uneducated citizens are going to have to start competing with people who literally crawled through hell on their knees to get a minimum wage job.  Its going to be beautiful....

Some people never learn do they! It seems to me that you have a problem with the way this forum is run? and the members too for that matter, your obviously one of these keyboard jockeys who are only happy when stirring the proverbial s**t. You are talking about human beings here and no matter what they need to be cared for its not their fault that they seek a better life if someone has left the door open ie the British government in this case. Live and let live and if we have to pay the cost to save others then so be it. I think you need to take a good look at yourself and as Admin and others have said if you don't like it here there are other places where you can go, but beware! there are bigger cats on other forums than you.
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: How Bulgaria keeps migrants out    How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:19 am

Humanity at work

10,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees after author's call
Government says it is looking at offers and will consider accepting more refugees after initially saying it would only take 50.

en thousand Icelanders have offered to welcome Syrian refugees into their homes, as part of a Facebook campaign launched by a prominent author after the government said it would take in only a handful.

After the Icelandic government announced last month that it would only accept 50 humanitarian refugees from Syria, Bryndis Bjorgvinsdottir encouraged fellow citizens to speak out in favour of those in need of asylum. In the space of 24 hours, 10,000 Icelanders – the country’s population is 300,000 – took to Facebook to offer up their homes and urge their government to do more.

• EU countries 'should have their funding cut if they do not take their fair share of migrants'
• Britain, France and Germany urge EU to set up migrant reception centres

"I'm a single mother with a 6-year-old son... We can take a child in need. I'm a teacher and would teach the child to speak, read and write Icelandic and adjust to Icelandic society. We have clothes, a bed, toys and everything a child needs. I would of course pay for the airplane ticket," wrote Hekla Stefansdottir in a post.

I think people have had enough of seeing news stories from the Mediterranean and refugee camps of dying people and they want something done now", Bjorgvinsdottir told Icelandic public television RUV.

The Icelandic government is now looking at increasing its refugee quota.

Welfare Minister Eyglo Hardardottir told RUV that authorities were examining offers made on Facebook, and would consider upping the number of refugees accepted under a humanitarian quota.

"I have made it clear that I don't want to name a maximum figure”, she said. “But we (will) explore every avenue available in welcoming more refugees”.

Back to top Go down
LisA
Super user
Super user
LisA

PostSubject: Re: How Bulgaria keeps migrants out    How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 11:55 am

It is very sad that these people have no choice and I don't like that fact that others have to pay for it but at the end of the day they are our brothers and sisters and we should help if we can.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: How Bulgaria keeps migrants out    How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 12:36 pm

Quote :

The only person with any clue is Andy, who sees the humanity of the situation. Everyone else wants illegal migrants to 'go' - where precisely should they go? Should they stay in Syria and quietly starve to death or await a violent end in some other fashion? The UK is substantially responsible for all this - its adventures in Iraq and Afghanistan and Libya created the war and chaos that has caused people to have to leave. Even without this the world has changed. People have internet in Chad and Somalia and they see how people live in the civilised world - can you blame them for wanting to get there? If you expect them to quietly sit in poverty and misery rather than trying to better themselves you're delusional.

So as I noted in my first rudely edited first post you have a choice - stop them leaving, kill them before they get here or find a way to absorb them into your culture. Simply waving your Daily Mail at the government and demanding that they protect your social security pampered existence is not going to cut it. Europe is going to rapidly change; its going to get much more foreign, much less white and large numbers of our lazy uneducated citizens are going to have to start competing with people who literally crawled through hell on their knees to get a minimum wage job. Its going to be beautiful....

Ok now it seems you may have calmed down so having read what you have said what's your answer to this problem now [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: How Bulgaria keeps migrants out    How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 12:48 pm

For the love of god just let them on the train what are you going to do with them now Angela ? Those poor kids must be terrified, there is always room at the inn. They will get where they want to be one way or another.

Chaos in Hungary as huge crowd of migrants force Budapest station to evacuate after trying to board trains for Germany and clashing with police – hours after Merkel hinted at bringing back border checks.
Budapest station was evacuated on Tuesday morning as hundreds of migrants tried to reach Vienna and Munich
Station closure, enforced by police, followed scuffles which broke out when people were prevented from boarding
Hundreds of angry migrants - some holding their children in the air, staged a protest outside the station in Hungary

It comes hours after German Chancellor Angela Merkel said the EU's passport-free travel zone was under threat.Hundreds of angry migrants - some waving tickets and holding their babies in the air - staged protests outside a Budapest station and demanded they be allowed to board trains to Germany and Austria.
Hungarian authorities evacuated and closed the city's Eastern Railway Terminus on Tuesday morning after scuffles broke out between migrants trying to force their way on to trains.

It comes less than a day after German Chancellor Angela Merkel said the EU's passport-free travel zone was under threat. The announcement over the loudspeakers came after about 500 people tried to board the latest train to Vienna. It said: 'No trains will be leaving or arriving at Keleti station (Eastern Railway Terminus) until further notice.'

Several hundred migrants demonstrated following the closure and young men could be heard chanting: 'Germany, Germany', 'We want to leave', and 'Merkel'.

About 100 police officers wearing helmets and wielding batons guarded the station as people booed and hissed outside. One man held up a sign that said, in German: 'Please let us go!'

The station has reopened but only non-migrants are allowed in. Police are checking tickets, ID cards and relevant visas.

Scuffles had broken out earlier in the morning among some of the migrants as they were blocked from getting on a train scheduled to leave for Vienna and Munich.

Several say they spent hundreds of euros on tickets after police told them they would be allowed free passage. Hassan, a 47-year-old Syrian, said he and two friends had each bought tickets to Germany for a total of 370 euros.

'They took 125 euros for each ticket to Munich or Berlin, then they stopped and forced us from the station,' he said.

Marah, a 20 year-old woamn from Aleppo, Syria, who travelled with her family, said they had bought 6 tickets for a RailJet train that was scheduled to leave for Vienna at 9am on Tuesday.

'They should find a solution,' she said. 'We are thousands here, where should we go?'

When asked why the railway terminus was closed, government spokesman Zoltan Kovacs said Hungary was trying to enforce EU law, which requires anyone who wishes to travel within Europe to hold a valid passport and a Schengen visa.

Hungarian and Austrian authorities allowed trainloads of undocumented migrants to reach Germany on Monday. Czech police said they had detained 214 mostly Syrian migrants headed for Germany on overnight trains from Vienna and Budapest.

The crisis has prompted the government in Budapest to reinforce its border with a razor wire fence and deploy thousands of extra police to try to funnel the flow of migrants to legal channels rather than allowing them through unchecked.

Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban will discuss the migration crisis with European Union leaders in Brussels on Thursday, the government's website quoted Orban's press chief Bertalan Havasi as saying on Tuesday.

Orban will meet with EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker, European Council Chairman Donald Tusk and European Parliament President Martin Schulz, as well as Joseph Daul, the chairman of the European People's Party.Havasi added that leaders of the Visegrad Four countries, Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary will hold an extraordinary summit in Prague on Friday.

A total of 3,650 migrants reached Vienna by train on Monday, this year's biggest daily number, Austrian police said.

'Allowing them to simply board in Budapest... and watching as they are taken to the neighbour (Austria) - that's not politics,' Austrian chancellor Werner Faymann said.

Many of the migrants slept at Vienna's Westbahnhof station, hoping to continue their journey on to Germany, which last week eased asylum restrictions for Syrian refugees.On Monday, Mrs Merkel said if Europe was not able to agree on how to share out the responsibility for refugees, the Schengen area of 26 European countries that have removed border checks between each other would be under threat.

She became the latest leader to raise concerns that hundreds of thousands of migrants crossing the Mediterranean to Italy and Greece are able to travel freely to other areas – such as Calais – because there are no borders.

She said: ‘If we don’t succeed in fairly distributing refugees then of course the Schengen question will be on the agenda for many.’

Under the rules people are able to travel freely between most of the countries on mainland Europe without having their passports checked.

But it means refugees entering Europe in Italy and Greece are travelling north and west before they claim asylum instead of making their applications in the first EU country they enter, as they are supposed to.

Germany has become a top destination for those fleeing Syria after it last week agreed to waive the so-called Dublin regulations that mean people can claim only in the first country they get to.

It has said it expects roughly 800,000 people to seek asylum there this year, nearly four times as many as last year and far more than any other EU country.

In Greece on Monday, police fired a stun grenade at migrants protesting on the border with Macedonia and there were warnings that the tiny holiday island of Lesbos was being ‘overwhelmed’ by more than 13,000 migrants and refugees.

Meanwhile, hundreds of migrants were heading towards Germany on trains after Hungarian officials suddenly allowed Syrians who had been languishing at Budapest’s Keleti railway station on board carriages heading west.

In Greece, the humanitarian relief organisation the International Rescue Committee has warned of the intense strain on the island of Lesbos.

On Saturday alone, 4,000 refugees and migrants arrived from the nearby coast of Turkey and there were further arrivals on Sunday and Monday.

The European Commission has said the Schengen Agreement is ‘non-negotiable’. A spokesman last night added: ‘Schengen is not the problem.’

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Bulgaria keeps migrants out    How Bulgaria keeps migrants out   - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Bulgaria keeps migrants out

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next