View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BigDave
Junior user
Junior user
BigDave

How things have changed Empty
PostSubject: How things have changed   How things have changed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 11:05 am

I bet some of you can remember how it was all those years a go? I am amazed at how little the council actually do now and it costs us the tax payer a small fortune How things have changed 3135333095 look at the picture below and you will how things have changed and why the Uk is always in the s**T

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: How things have changed   How things have changed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 11:32 am

Your right BigD so much has changed over the years some for the good and others well....... I think your pic says it all. You never ever see anything like this picture I have here, you go into you local and its full of kids or it looks more like a show room for something your not suppose to touch. How things have changed 2581928987

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: How things have changed   How things have changed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 11:20 pm

Always remember seeing at least one dust wagon a week driving along on fire after emptying hot ashes into the wagon, and NOTHING was ever too much trouble for them especially if there was something in it for them, such as a back-hander.
Back to top Go down
Noddy
Senior user
Senior user
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: How things have changed   How things have changed Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 9:15 am

Tell me about it Phil I also remember those days when nothing was to much trouble but when I was last in the uk they were picking stuff out of the bin which they said they can't take How things have changed 3135333095 How time have changed your right How things have changed 794030042
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: How things have changed   How things have changed Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 5:01 pm

I'm to young to remember some of it but I would agree that even in my short life things have changed so much, I agree that some of it has been for the good but a lot more is nothing we can be proud of, it's a shame our parents worked so hard to give us all a better future and it's all been for nothing. s
Back to top Go down
Jake
Jake

PostSubject: Re: How things have changed   How things have changed Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Your all so right but unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it except remember. H
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: How things have changed   How things have changed Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 5:16 pm

One of my biggest gripes was all the plastic recycle box's lying around the front of peoples house, most of which have now been replaced with wheelie bins, things were bad enough when they introduced the plastic box' but even now most people still do not have anywhere to place these wheelie bins apart from either on the pavement or on the front of the property.

Just a point of interest, did you know that Birmingham City Council have operated their own recycling plants since before the war, but the main difference now is that they get the consumers to do all the sorting before it gets collected now.
Back to top Go down
BigDave
Junior user
Junior user
BigDave

PostSubject: Re: How things have changed   How things have changed Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 10:29 pm

A different world. Father worked and most mothers stayed at home. Children got a hot lunch cooked at home. We had limited tv and no gadgets but we were never bored. Holidays might be a weekend somewhere or a visit to a grandparents where all you wanted was to be outside as long as possible. There were downsides of course but given the choice of being 10 then and now - just send me back every time. c At least back then it was still Great Britain....
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: How things have changed   How things have changed Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 10:32 pm

Happy times, when you could travel for miles and miles and not see a building but now houses everywhere, and still more are being built, the green space we enjoyed for so many years will soon be gone and our future generations won't know what it's like to run through fields with a butterfly net, climb trees or play hide and seek in meadows. Old buildings built to last with character and style which could be spruced up are demolished and new cheap flimsy looking ones replace them. The government want to hold on to tradition but how are they going to do it?

Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: How things have changed   How things have changed Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 11:19 pm

Carmen wrote:
The government want to hold on to tradition but how are they going to do it?

There are only 2 solutions.

Mass sterilisation of anyone over the age of 15, but continue building housing for the next generation future generation because there is no way the government will ever limit the number of people entering into the UK.
Back to top Go down
Jake
Jake

PostSubject: Re: How things have changed   How things have changed Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 11:27 pm

Phil-H wrote:
There are only 2 solutions. Mass sterilisation of anyone over the age of 15,

As old as that How things have changed 2345823347
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: How things have changed   How things have changed Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 11:33 pm

Cathy wrote:
Phil-H wrote:
There are only 2 solutions. Mass sterilisation of anyone over the age of 15,

As old as that How things have changed 2345823347
Yes, I thought I would be a bit generous considering all the teenage pregnancies I know of have been around the 15 year old's.
It used to be behind the bike shed for a 'fag' but that seems to have a different meaning these days.

edit:
typo

Last edited by Phil-H on Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: How things have changed   How things have changed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 5:12 pm

Yes, Pre-Thatcherite Britain of social democracy, with nationalized railways, coal and steel, nationalized utilities like water and gas, was a much more civilized and pleasant place to live, there was far less money-grubbing and a much greater sense of family and community, people had more time for each other and for the good and simple things in life - all destroyed by Thatcher-ism, with its pseudo patriotic money-obsessed consumerist driven vulgarity. GB is indeed a much poorer nation today, in the true sense of that word. How things have changed 739492727

Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: How things have changed   How things have changed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 5:25 pm

I can't remember mush as I was so young but my mother says......We didn't have lots of money, we didn't have lots of possessions, but we had happiness, a sense of community, we helped our neighbours, children were respectful to their elders, school was a happy time where learning took place instead of testing all the time. Rationing was at an end and though there wasn't the amount of food we have today, we had enough to eat. Men went out to work, mums generally stayed home or took a part time job and Sunday's were a time to spend together as a family, instead of what we have today mums and dads dragging children around shopping centres. Yes a bit nostalgic, but I'd give up all the luxuries just to get back to that feeling of a great country to live in.
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: How things have changed   How things have changed Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 10:37 pm

No one stopped people buying houses in the 50s and 60s. Fewer people were ill, as they were healthier. Children were still vaccinated against measles polio, TB. diseases like Cancer, Asthma and diabetes have exploded since modern lifestyles and diets have been around. Pollution has changed from smog to diesel particles. Food is contaminated by pesticides, meat has been bred to taste of nothing, fresh food is sent off shore to be irradiated, before being returned. You could just go on and on about what we sacrificed for a foreign holiday, a few trinkets from Ikea and a lifetime of debt, servicing a mortgage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How things have changed   How things have changed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How things have changed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next