altText

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 47 ... 67  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 10:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi All

I am looking though the forum and although many of you log on and look around you don't always post - So to stop me wondering where everyone is and of course we are thinking of you and do miss you guys - Please pop in here and say hello, if nothing else, just to keep me happy and we will know you are there and all OK.

Hello from Berni &
Dougie Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 3386807041
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 4:43 pm

justbazz wrote:
.....and it stayed great all day. Just back from a long session of body surfing and swimming..shame we have to go home tomorrow!

g Yes stayed nice and hot all day.... Glad you had a good day Baz, yes you have to go home at some time, but you had a nice break.... We enjoyed the forklore concert too g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 7:36 am

Wow lovely day here in Silistra

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hope you have a fab day too..... It's one of those days that you have so much to do but just don't know where to start... Dougie is fitting taps to the shower units but so far 2 of the screw in things you have to tighten up have broke, seems like any as soon as you put any pressure on them they snap. Not cheap taps either were about 90lev. The ones we have in the other shower room were about 20lev and so far they have been the best. Seemed like we have to get new taps every year here until we started to take the taps off the wall to stop them splitting in the winter when we are not here.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 10:03 am

I'm not saying that this will work for you, but when we leave the house for the coldest months, I turn the water off at the main connection, then go and open every tap on the property and leave them open. We've not had a split pipe or tap, even in minus 30 degrees, since I started doing that.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 11:08 am

Yes, we have to turn the water off and drain down the two boilers and leave all the taps open. We also salt the toilet to stop it cracking.  We do this went we go back to the UK for the winter. But when we came back the taps were split so now we take the taps off and thankfully all ok. Although the main pipe was turned off when we turned it on again this year we had a problem for some reason the water pipe split below the cemented area so had dig down to get to it luckly Geroge the builder came along with a special heating tool and put a new connection pipe in. You just never know what you are coming back to here in BG.

We made the mistake a few years ago in May we decided we would be back beginning of Sept so no need to turn the water off, big mistake. When we got back the kitchen smelt awful and the lamimante was lifting so we took the laminated up and the big wood floor beams were soaked and falling apart, hence the smell. Took us 3 days to strip the kitchen out, take up the laminiate and the rotted wood. There must have been a leak for a long time the concrete was completely saoked and even after 3 weeks it was still wet.  We could not lay a new floor until this was dried out so had to wait until the following year to do that. Funny things is the person that check the villa never smelt anything. Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 3135333095

Unfortunately for us this villa is very badly built, the design itself is just stupid but that is another story.  I have spent a small fortune trying to fix it but really what we should have done was tare it down and go for a new build, position it on higher ground and back from the road way, it would have been a heck of a lot cheaper and we would have had a nice place.  Still we live and learn............. Have to make do with what we have now
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 6:46 am

Fab day here in Silistra again, we are off to town now to get a new gas bottle, new works surface, some bags of sand, some sink pipes and another set of shower taps as we all as doing some shopping.  So a busy morning.

You enjoy your day s

4020pm Update: Well we got back about 1/2 hour or so ago from Silsitr. go the sand , sink pipes and shower and taps and the shopping. We als bought the work surface blyme 85lev for a 2.3mt Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 3135333095 I also had my hair cut. However, we did not get the gas bottle as the chap in the shop said birng the bottle in along with the regulator and the hob and he will test it, as it maybe we do not need a new bottle so tomorrow we have to go back in again.
Back to top Go down
bullseye

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 11:53 am

No been on here for ages in fact I had forgotten all about this forum. Glad its still here its one of the better ones as far as I can remember. Looking forward to reading and hopefully taking part. So hello c
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 3:11 pm

bullseye wrote:
No been on here for ages in fact I had forgotten all about this forum. Glad its still here its one of the better ones as far as I can remember. Looking forward to reading and hopefully taking part. So hello c

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 1660588075 Bullseyes so glad you have found us again. We look forward to hearing what you have been up to in due course c

Oddy
Back to top Go down
jenny2803
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 9:06 am

I'm still here Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 3386807041
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 2:43 pm

jenny2803 wrote:
I'm still here Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 3386807041

Ah lovely to see you to hun, miss you Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 3367882216
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 12:37 pm

Hi All

Had a very busy morning went to neighbours to help pick the grapes, so many grapes and we had about 10 rows to finish as they had been working on them for 2 days already. And all this work to make wine Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 3135333095 Now thanks will go to the shop and buy it g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 11:47 am

MORNING ALL

Question of the day
If someone threw rocks
and knocked you off your donkey ,
Would you be consider stoned off your ass? La
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 5:32 pm

oddball wrote:
MORNING ALL

Question of the day
If someone threw rocks
and knocked you off your donkey ,
Would you be consider stoned off your ass? La

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 3367882216
Evening all been busy for last few days clearing the tiles and bricks in the garden and visiting friends. Had lots of rain, thunder and lightening through the early hours this morning and more this afternoon. Air seems to be clear now so we will see what tomorrow brings.

Have a good evening g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 6:11 am

Good morning all, lovely day here in Silistra had a few days of thunder and lightening and rain but all looks good today. Off into Silistra today now to see if we can get the English gas bottles converted to Bulgarian so we can use them for heating in the garage in the winter. wow

Have a good day g

Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 8:55 am

Good morning to all of you, its a lovely sunny day here in the uk Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 3023850720
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 6:40 am

Good morning all Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 3386807041 The s is shining here in Silistra again. We are off to pick the grapes for our other neighbours this morning. so

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 28 of 67Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 47 ... 67  Next