View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Electricity prices - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Electricity   Electricity prices - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 3:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Has any Member noticed a sharp increase in their electric bill's this winter. I haven't got any electricity on yet my latest bill is 67.04leva. expensive alarm system
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:33 pm

More protests today in over 30 town's , the largest demo's in Bulgaria since the 1990's
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:36 pm

bgbazz wrote:
Did without any of these in the past..still going strong! And still not being knowingly ripped off.
I would think that you and your family are ace campers g
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 12:10 pm

bgbazz wrote:
We take so many things for granted these days and conveniently seem to forget about how it used to be..and how happy we were waaaaay back then. I'll step down off my soapbox of memories and wait to be taken to task for going off topic.

We do take things for granted now, a nice lecci blanket at bedtime is what we have here in BG. But as a teenager I remember laying in bed with my toes bent over with the weight of the blankets on the bed and scraping ice off the inside of the window when I go up!! Happy days maybe, we were younger then weren't we? Couldn't do it now though!!

s s
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 12:16 pm

Leccy blanket? Whats wrong with the good old hot water bottle?
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 12:34 pm

itchyfeet wrote:
bgbazz wrote:
We take so many things for granted these days and conveniently seem to forget about how it used to be..and how happy we were waaaaay back then. I'll step down off my soapbox of memories and wait to be taken to task for going off topic.

We do take things for granted now, a nice lecci blanket at bedtime is what we have here in BG. But as a teenager I remember laying in bed with my toes bent over with the weight of the blankets on the bed and scraping ice off the inside of the window when I go up!! Happy days maybe, we were younger then weren't we? Couldn't do it now though!!

s s

Lecci blanket, hot water bottles. What you lot gone soft. Just a cuddle H Electricity prices - Page 2 1865348797 Electricity prices - Page 2 1865348797 Electricity prices - Page 2 1865348797
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 12:38 pm

That's the main ingredient in the recipe I use Tony. g
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 12:59 pm

Only a cuddle when we have both warmed up!! It's like holding a block of ice otherwise.

s s
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 1:00 pm

itchyfeet wrote:
Only a cuddle when we have both warmed up!! It's like holding a block of ice otherwise.

s s
To much information itchy
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 1:29 pm

In the more recent past I have lived in a complete ruin without telephone, TV or electric heating and two lightbulbs but I didn't live in -25 temperatures and my life was not ruled by Mafia.
These protests are nothing at all to do with what we Brits have or have not. The protests are about far more than just electricity rises, which incidentally happened two Januaries ago. They are more to do with the monopoly the Bulgarian Mafia hold over the country as a whole. Maybe Bulgarians are at last asserting their rights with EU backing in an attempt to stop all the profiteering on the backs of the generally poor population. It is civil unrest and to be taken very seriously. Bulgarian TV was taken over this morning with a live broadcast by Boyko who has been in telephone talks with Putin. The finance minister has resigned which tells exactly how serious things are in the country. This is not a joking matter for anyone least of all a few priviledged Expats.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Electricity prices - Page 2 3356871870
oldun wrote:
In the more recent past I have lived in a complete ruin without telephone, TV or electric heating and two lightbulbs but I didn't live in -25 temperatures and my life was not ruled by Mafia.
These protests are nothing at all to do with what we Brits have or have not. The protests are about far more than just electricity rises, which incidentally happened two Januaries ago. They are more to do with the monopoly the Bulgarian Mafia hold over the country as a whole. Maybe Bulgarians are at last asserting their rights with EU backing in an attempt to stop all the profiteering on the backs of the generally poor population. It is civil unrest and to be taken very seriously. Bulgarian TV was taken over this morning with a live broadcast by Boyko who has been in telephone talks with Putin. The finance minister has resigned which tells exactly how serious things are in the country. This is not a joking matter for anyone least of all a few priviledged Expats.

:Good post:oldun You are a bright spark and certainly light up many of our lives, Please don't blow a fuse Electricity prices - Page 2 1536469901
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Sorry Willowsend but I live in this country and whilst I have my Bulgarian hat on I will support the majority of the population. The unrest is not because bills are higher due to cold (no -25 temps this winter) but the fact that bills have escalated for no reason. Ours have as well and a village lad who has literally one light bulb and was away working for two weeks had a bill for 10levs when its usually 2 levs.. This appals me and my fuse is certainly burning. Apparently Boyko has said he will consider revoking CEZ's licence. We will wait and see.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:18 pm

oldun wrote:
Sorry Willowsend but I live in this country and whilst I have my Bulgarian hat on I will support the majority of the population. The unrest is not because bills are higher due to cold (no -25 temps this winter) but the fact that bills have escalated for no reason. Ours have as well and a village lad who has literally one light bulb and was away working for two weeks had a bill for 10levs when its usually 2 levs.. This appals me and my fuse is certainly burning. Apparently Boyko has said he will consider revoking CEZ's licence. We will wait and see.

Bravo oldun and like you we live in BG. Boyko has also said today that the price will down in March. Electricity prices - Page 2 1006374994 Electricity prices - Page 2 1006374994 Electricity prices - Page 2 1006374994

People do not really understand what it is like over here. My friend is a plumber and is rated as the best in our area. He has had no work for 2 months this is not because of the winter this is because there is no money. He is a good man and he employs 4 people he still pays them what he can. We offered to bring forward one of our projects in order that he has something to do. But they are proud people and he would not let us do it as he knows we are on pensions. No wonder the older generation here preferred the Communist times where everyone was equal, even though some more equal than others.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:22 pm

oldun wrote:

oldun with your Bulgarian hat on :Very funny 2:Work this one out for me then. My January bill, to be paid by the 26th Feb is 72.56leva. Yes the electricity is left on because of the security system and a low wattage bulb by the gate but that is it. Last year the January bill was 7.60leva so something somewhere is wrong Electricity prices - Page 2 927475117
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:36 pm

willowsend wrote:
oldun wrote:

oldun with your Bulgarian hat on :Very funny 2:Work this one out for me then. My January bill, to be paid by the 26th Feb is 72.56leva. Yes the electricity is left on because of the security system and a low wattage bulb by the gate but that is it. Last year the January bill was 7.60leva so something somewhere is wrong Electricity prices - Page 2 927475117

Yes Bryan that is why the Bulgarians are protesting something is wrong. It is not just the leccie prices they are fed up with but also with gas &
water plus that the Mafia get a rake off in everything that goes on. Because of the corruption they feel that they are not getting a fair deal in Europe and are treated like second class citizens. These people maybe poor in places but they are a proud nation. Again like oldun we live here and that is not a dig at people who have holiday homes etc. Unless you listen to the ordinary Bulgarian you would never understand the real hatred they feel . :Headbang:They feel the only way forward is to protest.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:25 pm

Have a read, open the link and tell me if what we read is true or a load of bull. Will it happen, I suppose we will have to wait and see

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... es-shares/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electricity prices   Electricity prices - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electricity prices

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next