View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Electricity prices Empty
PostSubject: Electricity   Electricity prices Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 3:25 pm

Has any Member noticed a sharp increase in their electric bill's this winter. I haven't got any electricity on yet my latest bill is 67.04leva. expensive alarm system
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Electricity prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electricity   Electricity prices Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 3:41 pm

To be honest Bryan I think the costs of utility bills (gas, water, electric) seem to be rising (over and above the rate of inflation) throughout Europe?

I spoke to a couple of friends in America last week and they also said their bills were much higher this year (despite the cold weather, the bills just seemed much higher compared to 'normal' usage at this time of year).
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Electricity prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electricity   Electricity prices Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 3:59 pm

Chris wrote:
To be honest Bryan I think the costs of utility bills (gas, water, electric) seem to be rising (over and above the rate of inflation) throughout Europe?

I spoke to a couple of friends in America last week and they also said their bills were much higher this year (despite the cold weather, the bills just seemed much higher compared to 'normal' usage at this time of year).

I totally agree with you, but I am being billed for electricity I haven't used. I have inquired through my man in Bg and he has told me that in winter
they don't bother to read the meters they guesstimate it. Perhaps that is the answer but I wouldn't bank on it
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

Electricity prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electricity   Electricity prices Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 4:22 pm

YES..... to the o/p , s question
the night and day readings were vertually the same units used as the same dates last year for the dec bill ....which is due now for payment ...but the totall is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up...not happy
Back to top Go down
will666
Senior user
Senior user
will666

Electricity prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electricity   Electricity prices Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 4:50 pm

Have you checked the electricity meter pole.... ( if its not on your meter then obviously its ok )

In Bulgaria and Romania it seems quite normal to install hooks thrown up onto the wires to run some free power to a house , if they get your power feed ones not the ones before the meter ( like they had on mine ) they need adjusting.....to be on the main feed so you dont get charged for there bills

I had a `word`with the local `electrician...` as he passed and it was adjusted by the next day....... sorted so i didnt pay for other people , quick fix....

Now theres just the monthly charge for meter rental ( i hope )
Back to top Go down
http://www.my-bulgarian-house-renovation.com
justbazz1

Electricity prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electricity   Electricity prices Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 5:44 pm

My meter sits inside, under cover and has done for almost six years..the meter reading girl rings the bell, or if we are not there, comes in via my neighbours place and reads it..we have had very little in the way of increases over the last five years. Since reading this post, I've gone back and compared old bills with new and the actual increase is about 10 %, which over that time, seems about right.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Electricity prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electricity   Electricity prices Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 7:29 pm

bgbazz wrote:
My meter sits inside, under cover and has done for almost six years..the meter reading girl rings the bell, or if we are not there, comes in via my neighbours place and reads it..we have had very little in the way of increases over the last five years. Since reading this post, I've gone back and compared old bills with new and the actual increase is about 10 %, which over that time, seems about right.

Quite agree ours is about 10% as well.
Back to top Go down
Edna Bira
Senior user
Senior user
Edna Bira

Electricity prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electricity   Electricity prices Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 2:50 pm

There are a lot of protests going on in the Cities at the moment, mainly about EVN, some folks (Bulgars) have been sent bills for 3x the normal amount, one guy interviewed on TV had a 900 leva bill for 1 month, usually 200-250 he said for the same month in past years. The accusation is that EVN are "
fast forwarding"
the meters (the new smart meters) remotely, and as everyone will know who had dealings with EVN, they dont argue, it's either pay or be cut off!
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Electricity prices Empty
PostSubject: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 1:07 pm

Up to 100,000 people take to the streets to protest against the massive increase in Electricity bills Electricity prices 794030042
"
We fully understand the anger of the people. If needed, we will pay compensations to our clients,"
Petr Baran, Vice Chairman of the Management Board and Chief Operational Officer of CEZ Bulgaria, told Kanal 3 TV Channel.

"
We serve more than 2 million clients. Mistakes happen. Each complaint will be carefully considered and checked. If there are mistakes, corrections will be made,"
he added.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... or-cities/
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Electricity prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 3:58 pm

Yeah right!...a few mistakes here or there is to be expected, but not so many that result in public protests. Something smells very fishy to me.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Electricity prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:40 pm

I had this in 2007, my bills were crazy, irratic and did not make sense, they ranged from 1,000 levs to 50 levs. we put a complaint in writing and the next day the company arrived, stripped the meter and replaced with a new meter. my bills dropped to under 100 levs. Electricity prices 2345823347
I have not checked recent bills as i need to get a statement. c

I feel for my neighbours, in 2007 his bill was 10 lev his bills are now in the 80 lev range, dont know what his february bill is, but they were struggling to pay the 80 lev bill. Electricity prices 794030042
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Electricity prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 6:00 pm

As I stated in a related post, my bills have not risen more that about 10% in the the last six years or so. I understand the concern demonstrated by folk who have experienced sharp rises..what I don't understand is semi-violent protest..wouldn't it be easier just to refuse to pay and let yourself get cut off? I suspect that very few of these big companies could stand a month or two of zero income..and with the warmer weather coming on, that could be extended to four or five months. That's exactly what I will do, if and when it happens down my way. Candles, lamps and gas are cheap enough and an extra blanket on a chilly night is no big deal..who knows, might even lead to an increase in the population..LOL.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Electricity prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 6:06 pm

No telly, computer, fridge freezer and washer. :Very sad:nooooooooooo
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Electricity prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 8:18 pm

Did without any of these in the past..still going strong! And still not being knowingly ripped off.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Electricity prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Electricity Protests   Electricity prices Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Just to add a little, slightly off topic tale. I was 7 yrs old before I lived in a house with electricity..our one and only radio was run off a 12volt battery and couldn't be turned on until Dad came in from work. At age 12, we still had a 'fridge powered by kerosine, but did have a second radio.(HMV).
Saw TV for the first time at age 13, because my Grandpa had one of those 50p-in-the slot bizzo's. Only two channels then, both B and W. Heaven came when my Mum won a tele in a Womens Weekly competition..but we couldn't see anything because we lived 50 miles from the transmitter and needed an antenna on a 60 foot mast, which Dad couldn't afford at the time..wanna hear something funny?.that was in 1963! I first saw colour TV in 1974, just after my first son was born..and that was in a shop window in the high street! (the tele, not his birth). We take so many things for granted these days and conveniently seem to forget about how it used to be..and how happy we were waaaaay back then.

I'll step down off my soapbox of memories and wait to be taken to task for going off topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Electricity prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electricity prices   Electricity prices Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electricity prices

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next