View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

So this is Britain Empty
PostSubject: So this is Britain   So this is Britain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:46 am

I think it is fair to say that most of the Bulgarians who are successful in finding employment in the UK are working in the hotel/catering business
but of course there are the hand car wash business that have open up in many disused properties and back yards
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

So this is Britain Empty
PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 1:14 pm

Should be quite interesting when my Hero is looking for jobs in the catering industry. When I have briefly mentioned he will be looking for work when we return to British shores I am often asked if my Hero is Bulgarian! Would that be a plus or a minus I wonder??? So this is Britain 2381841692
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

So this is Britain Empty
PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 1:17 pm

Here we go again. :Headbang:None of these rumor mongering articles tell the whole story. How about adding the amount of Bulgarians that come back to live in BG as the UK is too expensive and that they are fed up of having to live in one room with shared facilities and are just about surviving on the poultry wages that they are getting. Many over here say it is a lose lose society. As for the jobs they do in the UK. Well they do them because no Brit would work for anything less than their benefits. The Bulgarians think the money is fantastic at first but then they have to pay the English prices to live, it is then that they realize that they were better off in BG.
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

So this is Britain Empty
PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 1:31 pm

totally agree with you Tonyb60 we have known many Bulgarians over the years that have left for England Germany Spain Holland Greece etc and they are all back now.
They say it is so expencive in other countrys and work and pay is so little.
It's the story of Dick Whitingdon and the pavements laid with gold until they get there and the girls and women turn to prostition to earn money and the men to robbery Sadly we have seen it so many times. What is worse there are English that pray on these people that only left Bulgaria to try to better them selves on the back of stories they have heard and seen in the media.
It happens in all countries where people are convinced by the pray that there is a better life and bigger money and fame.
I do hope that people will learn that some day. There are enough films documentries and news reports on this type of thing.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

So this is Britain Empty
PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 2:06 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
Here we go again. :Headbang:NNone of these rumor mongering articles tell the whole story. How about adding the amount of Bulgarians that come back to live in BG as the UK is too expensive and that they are fed up of having to live in one room with shared facilities and are just about surviving on the poultry wages that they are getting. Many over here say it is a lose lose society. As for the jobs they do in the UK. Well they do them because no Brit would work for anything less than their benefits. The Bulgarians think the money is fantastic at first but then they have to pay the English prices to live, it is then that they realize that they were better off in BG.

Yes tony here we go again, you say, None of these rumor mongering articles tell the whole story. How about adding the amount of Bulgarians that come back to live in BG as the UK is too expensive and that they are fed up of having to live in one room with shared facilities, well I am sorry but on this occasion you do not have all your facts correct. Many of the Bulgarian/Romanians who return to their grass routes have done it because they have made enough money whilst working in the UK, like the Poles did ten years plus ago and now many have returned to Poland
I know of three Bulgarians and one Romanian who have benefited from working in the UK, two Bulgarians and the Romanian working for The Old English Group of hotels, all in managerial positions in their departments, the other Bulgarian works as head chef for a very up market restaurant/bar and has been there for over three years, get's his monthly salary, goes off to Western Union and sends his pay back to his wife and daughter. I might add that he has his own live in accommodation and gets his food free
I don't know why you have this :Headbang:attitude because I can assure you that there are many Bulgarian/Romanian worker's here in the UK doing a good job and enjoying it, don't forget there is a minimum wage structure. If your op was referring to illegal immigrants being in the UK then I agree with you :So this is Britain 3897195628: So this is Britain 3135333095 So this is Britain 3998065313
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

So this is Britain Empty
PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 2:43 pm

Yes here we go again willow. I find your replies very confrontational and no one has an opinion apart from you. I can assure you that the Bulgarians that we know that have come back , and as we live here we know quite a few. They have all come back for the same reason no money.

Now many Bulgarians have said to us why do we live here, is it because it is cheap in comparison to the UK. Well our answer has always been the same, cost has never been an issue we like it here.

Although you may know Bulgarians that have achieved good positions I can assure you that this is not the norm. There are many that return here but I will grant you that there is also the many that stay. Same goes for here some stay some holiday and some go back for all sorts of reasons.

Good debate.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

So this is Britain Empty
PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 2:46 pm

well, he know 4 out of 50,000, rather limiting to form any opinion, in my opinion,. g
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

So this is Britain Empty
PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Bryan

willowsend wrote:
tonyb60 wrote:
Here we go again. So this is Britain 794030042

Please bear in mind you are speaking to a forum moderator here. Much as this is a heated subject and probably open to some very active debate, Tony is a forum Mod and as such, I will not see him slighted on open forum over a slight disagreement.

Whatever ones opinion, please can we keep the thread on topic, put out any personal disagreements and keep civil.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
oldun
Super user
Super user

So this is Britain Empty
PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 4:49 pm

I don't see anything confrontational in anyone expressing their opinion. A Bulgarian working in a professional job in UK has actually bought my house soon to return permanently but that is neither here nor there. There is much media hype going on and we have to remember that the EU states that there should be freedom to work in any EU country. We are not talking about illegals in this discussion but people's rights in a member state. If Britain wants to close its doors to immigrants now the country is full then the Government must pull out of the EU.
Lastly I am wondering about all the Brits living here who are actually immigrants and some running businesses without paying their dues to Bulgaria. What about those disenchanted Brits who are returning to Britain however bad things are in Britain according to some?
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

So this is Britain Empty
PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 5:01 pm

Chris wrote:
Bryan

willowsend wrote:
tonyb60 wrote:
Here we go again. So this is Britain 794030042

Please bear in mind you are speaking to a forum moderator here. Much as this is a heated subject and probably open to some very active debate, Tony is a forum Mod and as such, I will not see him slighted on open forum over a slight disagreement.

Whatever ones opinion, please can we keep the thread on topic, put out any personal disagreements and keep civil.

OMG ...does that make your mods gods ...certainly sounds like it ...you are going OTT ...also Tony is always havinga go at willow ..you need to address that . mods can be wrong you know ..they are humans after all...well most of them. So this is Britain 2345823347
ban me ...do i care no ! bye then

ps ...strange how certain mods on here get cocky when ashley is not around...attitude changes drastically and wording needs a lot to be desired to get respect
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

So this is Britain Empty
PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 5:11 pm

:Thank you:oldun and varnagirl. I did not post to be confrontational it is purely a mountain out of a mole hill and starlite I wasn't exactly stating an opinion just true facts and as I don't know 50,000 Bulgarians in the UK I was just referring to the four I do know about
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

So this is Britain Empty
PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 5:46 pm

oldun wrote:
I don't see anything confrontational in anyone expressing their opinion

Believe it or not, even Moderators and Admin are allowed an opinion and should be able to express it without antagonistic comments.

varnagirl wrote:
OMG ...does that make your mods gods ...certainly sounds like it ...you are going OTT

No we're not Gods. It's a shitty job to be honest. No one here is going over the top, just the usual gaggle of members that resort to sending PM's to try and wind up a situation where there isn't one in order to antagonize the Admin and Moderators of this forum.

varnagirl wrote:
mods can be wrong you know ..

Yes we can but, when every member signs on here, they agree to abide by forum rules. We can get it wrong, but if you don't like it, please go away and bleat elsewhere about us. For the main 99% of our members are happy with this forum and the way in which it is moderated.

varnagirl wrote:
ban me ...do i care no !

Believe me, the same 99% of our members mentioned above wouldn't care either. Including myself (yes, I do have an opinion too).

varnagirl wrote:
ps ...strange how certain mods on here get cocky when ashley is not around...

I beg your pardon?

Ash is otherwise tied up (and believe me a death in the very close family gives him the right to an hour or two off) without members trying to take advantage of that situation.

I give varnagirl and willow 12 hours to post a public apology in this thread for their comments. Otherwise, I will immediately ban you both myself

(before you ask, this is with Ashley's blessing and that of the entire team of Moderator's and Administrator's, not to mention a few hundred members who have also asked for this).
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

So this is Britain Empty
PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 5:55 pm

well said Chris and thank you So this is Britain 3356871870 T
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

So this is Britain Empty
PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 6:13 pm

chris , I am well aware its a shitty job...with usually no back up...so I will give you credit for backing up your mod.....rightly or wrongly

I have never "
bleated "
elsewhere yet ...and im not about to start now...anything I have had to say has been to you on here ,not behind your backs
I was not taking advantage od Ashleys absence ..I was stating a re curring fact.....

Quote :
I give varnagirl 12 hours to post a public apology in this thread for their comments. Otherwise, I will immediately ban you myself

(before you ask, this is with Ashley's blessing and that of the entire team of Moderator's and Administrator's, not to mention a few hundred members who have also asked for this

I would hate to dissapoint the ENTIRE MODERATOR TEAM and a few HUNDRED MEMBERS that want this so ....
a few hundred eh ......must have been riviting reading ..where did you find the time
CIAO
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

So this is Britain Empty
PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 6:32 pm

willowsend wrote:
I think it is fair to say that most of the Bulgarians who are successful in finding employment in the UK are working in the hotel/catering business
but of course there are the hand car wash business that have open up in many disused properties and back yards
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
All I can say is that I am very sorry that I started a topic which I thought would be a good debate. I won't be posting anything else on the topic
So this is Britain 3386807041
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So this is Britain Empty
PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So this is Britain

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next