altText

Traveling FROM Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chris

Traveling FROM Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Bulgarians on the way to Britain...   Traveling FROM Bulgaria Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:01 am

Pretty strong article in Today's Mail:

"
We're on our way to Britain: In a year up to 29 million Romanians and Bulgarians will have the right to settle in Britain and claim benefits. And many from the gipsy community can hardly wait to get here

Since EU borders were opened up in 2004, 1,114,368 Eastern Europeans have uprooted to live in England"

Full Story here:

[url:49q02hw1]http:
//www.
dailymail.
co.
uk/news/article-2252675/Were-way-Britain-In-year-29-million-Romanians-Bulgarians-right-settle-Britain-claim-benefits-And-gipsy-community-hardly-wait-here.
html[/url:49q02hw1]
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarians on the way to Britain...   Traveling FROM Bulgaria Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 11:07 am

Yes, I read it too, Chris.
What I don't understand though, is why are they able to claim benefits in the UK, when we had to sign a disclaimer
here before we were allowed our residency card? Traveling FROM Bulgaria 3135333095
Seems wrong to me.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarians on the way to Britain...   Traveling FROM Bulgaria Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 11:40 am

Chris wrote:
Pretty strong article in Today's Mail:

"
We're on our way to Britain: In a year up to 29 million Romanians and Bulgarians will have the right to settle in Britain and claim benefits. And many from the gipsy community can hardly wait to get here

Since EU borders were opened up in 2004, 1,114,368 Eastern Europeans have uprooted to live in England"

Full Story here:

[url:97o9iwxl]http:
//www.
dailymail.
co.
uk/news/article-2252675/Were-way-Britain-In-year-29-million-Romanians-Bulgarians-right-settle-Britain-claim-benefits-And-gipsy-community-hardly-wait-here.
html[/url:97o9iwxl]

You have beaten me to it Chris. I was just about to to put the link on the forum myself
Fellow members. If you have nothing to do between Christmas and New Year here is an interesting topic for us all to get our teeth into
Happy Christmas :Traveling FROM Bulgaria 1931734156:
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarians on the way to Britain...   Traveling FROM Bulgaria Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 11:42 am

Scunnered wrote:
Yes, I read it too, Chris.
What I don't understand though, is why are they able to claim benefits in the UK, when we had to sign a disclaimer
here before we were allowed our residency card? Traveling FROM Bulgaria 3135333095
Seems wrong to me.
Because they are coming this way and you have gone that way. I think it is called "
not a level playing field"
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarians on the way to Britain...   Traveling FROM Bulgaria Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 3:08 pm

mmm has the uk got anyroom left for an influx of people, it is an island with limited space and of course a benefit system that is available to all, the uk dont have a clue what is going to happen, the banking system is the only means of trade or making money for the few elite, there is no other means of making money via industry. its gone, there are no jobs as such and a continuing rise in unemployment, way to go. g
Back to top Go down
chrisbriggs
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarians on the way to Britain...   Traveling FROM Bulgaria Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Can I play devils advocate here. The Daily Mail is well known for its alarmist and sensationalist form of 'reporting' The number given, 29 million is the total population of Romania and Bulgaria combined. Does anyone seriously think that the entire populace of these two nations are going to uproot themselves en masse and move to the UK? Any that do make the journey are sure to be disappointed because of the benefit reforms and all the rumours of people being given money hand over fist are just that... rumours. The system is being tightened up and they will find that the streets are not lined with gold and will soon return to their homeland. As for the figure of over one million entering the UK since 2004, how many have since returned to where they came from, they dont tell you that do they. I have not doubt that Labours open door policy to multiculturism has been an abject failure but the Daily Mail is merely embellishing a non story. Ray (Dont blame the wife for this) Traveling FROM Bulgaria 794030042
Back to top Go down
GinaA
Senior user
Senior user
GinaA

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarians on the way to Britain...   Traveling FROM Bulgaria Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 10:26 pm

I feel desperately sorry for any families living in such poverty BUT this is the responsibility of the Bulgarian authorities, not the uk. We have families in the UK living on the bread line and children in poverty. Our responsibility is at home. It's time to shut the borders and concentrate on getting our own house in order. Benefits should be for the benefit of the needy in the UK not foreigners. We wouldn't get help from a foreign government.
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarians on the way to Britain...   Traveling FROM Bulgaria Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 11:27 pm

It makes my blood boil when I read stuff like this especially when there are those in need at home.

Christmas food handouts double as millions face 'financial precipice'

The number of people who will turn to food banks for sustenance is expected to double this Christmas, as a new report warns that millions more families face a financial "
precipice"
due to high personal debts, flatlining wages and future interest rate rises.

With three new food banks opening every week in the UK, the charity that oversees Britain's 292 emergency outlets, the Trussell Trust, says it expects to feed 15,000 people over the Christmas fortnight alone, almost double the number last Christmas.

At the same time, a study published by the Resolution Foundation, an independent think tank, says millions of households with low to middle incomes will be pushed close to the edge if they are unable to reduce their debts, including mortgages, before the cost of borrowing returns to more normal levels.

Volunteers who are giving up part of their holiday to help run food banks – from students to pensioners and representatives of local businesses – will be out in record numbers across Britain this week, distributing food to those who cannot afford a decent Christmas. Their aim is also to tackle "
hidden hunger"
– that affecting people who refuse to accept free food because they think it carries a stigma.

The Resolution Foundation report exposes how millions of families, unable to pay off debts, are facing a crisis if interest rates are pushed up in coming years to keep inflation down.

Matthew Whittaker, senior economist at the Resolution Foundation and the author of the report, On Borrowed Time?, said: "
Debt levels are a major concern for a substantial number of families struggling under a burden of repayments, even as things stand.

"
There is a very real prospect that borrowing costs will rise more quickly than incomes and that lenders will become less flexible over repayments. Many households are already in a very exposed position, even with interest rates on the floor, so even small changes in the financial outlook could have a dramatic effect.

"
All this threatens to make the burden unbearable for many debt-loaded households, particularly those on lower incomes. This would be dangerous at any time, but it looks especially so in the current era of frozen wages, under-employment and faltering living standards."

Figures published last week by the Bank of England showed that 3.6 million households – 14% of the total – now spend more than a quarter of their income on debt repayment, including mortgage costs. The Bank also says that up to 1.4 million households (12% of those with mortgages) are in special measures with their bank, having asked for temporary deals from their lenders.

The RF report shows that debt is distributed unevenly across income groups, with those in the poorest 10% of households spending on average 47% of their monthly income on debt repayments, compared with 9% for the richest 10%.

It also highlights how 2.4 million households with a mortgage (one in five) are spending more than 25% of their gross income on mortgage repayments alone – at a time when interest rates are at just 0.5%. Before the debt boom of the 2000s, only 15% of households were in this position, even when interest rates were as high as 7%.

The debt problem is likely to be all the more serious for struggling families because wages and household incomes are likely to stagnate over the next few years. The RF suggests that the average full-time wage will rise no higher in real terms than its 2000 level of £26,200 until at least 2017 – down from a peak in 2009 of £29,000.

Few economists expect interest rates to rise in the near future – almost certainly not in 2013 – but after that the Bank of England would be under pressure to raise rates to see off the threat of inflation were the economy to show signs of recovery.

The report notes the delicate balance that the Bank – under its newly appointed governor, Canadian Mark Carney – will have to strike between controlling inflation through raising interest rates and creating a risk of mass mortgage default and increased bankruptcy rates, which could combine to derail any nascent recovery in the economy.

The report says: "
The prospect of interest rates rising and forbearance [special arrangements people set up with banks to help them through] being removed while incomes continue to stagnate heightens the risk of future defaults. Such an outcome may yet slow down, or stall, economic recovery: at some tipping point the micro issue becomes a macro one. In this eventuality, we may find that the green shoots of recovery just sprouting in the UK economy prove to be living on borrowed time."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... es-poverty
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarians on the way to Britain...   Traveling FROM Bulgaria Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 6:10 am

They must be mainly Romanians so correct me if I'm wrong but I as I understand it there are about seven and a half million Bulgarians accounted for here in Bulgaria so if 29 million are heading to the UK then it must be mainly Romanians not taking into account that quite a few Bulgarians have already gone to Britain.Mind you I think it will be mainly Gypsies that will be on the move to the UK.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarians on the way to Britain...   Traveling FROM Bulgaria Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:51 am

The politicians know immigration is an election issue, why do you think milliband has jumped on the band wagon. There is no doubt we want to close the borders, but an equally good strategy would be to deny benefits to all immigrants until like the rest they have paid into the system before taking from it. These politicians don't give a damn as they're alright and set up for life.Its the average person who will suffer as a result of these ludicrous decisions…overstretched services which will cause a rebound on our own children's futures. But then this government will use it to justify full privatization and an end to the welfare system. s
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarians on the way to Britain...   Traveling FROM Bulgaria Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Well I've nothing against the Daily Mail - they need to sell newspapers so obviously sensationalism is the name of the game and they are not alone.
I know some Bulgarians who have gone to Britain and they WORK. They don't claim benefits and tend to do jobs the English would turn their noses up at because they are better off on the benefit. In my experience the Bulgarians do not intend to stay in Britain forever but try to send money back to Bulgaria and intend to return one day. Their hearts are still in Bulgaria but go to any country where they can get work. We are not talking about people who have abused the system from countries where the Raj was in charge so their entitlement seems to extend to second cousins twice removed and all the other attendant extended families and who seem to be entitled to benefits from days past.
We are all one under the sun and I fully believe that we should try to understand the problems every country is having at the moment. I hope 2013 will be a bit better for us all.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarians on the way to Britain...   Traveling FROM Bulgaria Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:41 pm

oldun wrote:
Well I've nothing against the Daily Mail - they need to sell newspapers so obviously sensationalism is the name of the game and they are not alone.
I know some Bulgarians who have gone to Britain and they WORK. They don't claim benefits and tend to do jobs the English would turn their noses up at because they are better off on the benefit. In my experience the Bulgarians do not intend to stay in Britain forever but try to send money back to Bulgaria and intend to return one day. Their hearts are still in Bulgaria but go to any country where they can get work. We are not talking about people who have abused the system from countries where the Raj was in charge so their entitlement seems to extend to second cousins twice removed and all the other attendant extended families and who seem to be entitled to benefits from days past.
We are all one under the sun and I fully believe that we should try to understand the problems every country is having at the moment. I hope 2013 will be a bit better for us all.

Like you oldun I also know some Bulgarians who have come to Britain, and along with some Rumanians and Polish staff, me, my family and 180 other customers we were served our Christmas Dinner by them. No problems at all
I also know a Bulgarian chef who works in a local pub/restaurant and has been there four years. He works hard and is also good at his job, every month when he get's his salary he goes to the Western Union and send it back to his wife and daughter in the Varna area. His wife has bought 2 apartments with the money so when he decides to return to his place of birth he has a property investment. I have no problem with that at all and good luck to any who want to follow his example g
What I do strongly object to is immigrants who sponge on our better nature and have no ambition in life except beg. On Christmas Eve afternoon I was walking down our town high street, there were two scruffy individuals one woman holding a child (about two years old) fake crying and holding out her hand muttering, help for Christmas, the other was a bearded man sat on one leg to make it look at is he was an amputee, and to try and convince us mere mortals that he was a cripple there were two crutches leaning up against the wall and a mangy black dog by his side Traveling FROM Bulgaria 927475117
I have no time for people who play games and try to con us :Traveling FROM Bulgaria 1931734156:
Back to top Go down
Dobrich
Junior user
Junior user
Dobrich

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarians on the way to Britain...   Traveling FROM Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 9:59 am

I am British. Born and bred. But moved to Bulgaria to get away from the UK with it going to pot as it is. I cannot contradict myself and disagree with people moving to the UK. However, unless they intend to pay their own way by working and providing for themselves then no, I do not think they should be allowed to come and in automatically receive benefits and free housing. What a joke!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Traveling FROM Bulgaria   Traveling FROM Bulgaria Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 2:29 pm

Today's News
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Comment
Author: MysteryHP, 14 Jan 2013 15:57:19
Cameron Says Bulgarian, Romanian Influx Impossible to Predict
Hurray! Let's send all our gypsies to England. Good bye and good ridence. We finally have a way to clean them out of Bulgaria. Get the buses filled with diesel now to have them ready to send the flood of gyypsies their way. I am so happy, 2013 will be the best year ever for Bulgaria. Thank you England
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Traveling FROM Bulgaria   Traveling FROM Bulgaria Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:31 pm

Well it was bound to happen you can expect other countries to allow us in and then say no you can't send your folk here. I'm afraid camarooooooon and his teaboy have lost the plot and if it makes things difficult in the uk then so beit. Traveling FROM Bulgaria 739492727
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traveling FROM Bulgaria   Traveling FROM Bulgaria Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Traveling FROM Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next