View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

We need to buy a water pump in the next few weeks and it is decided that a surface pump will best for us. However, after looking at the selection in Praktiker we have got more confused than ever. Our well water is seven metres from the top, Bernard informs us that it needs to be two metres below the surface of the water, so that means nine metres (following me so far?). So into Praktiker we go and surprise, surprise and the difference between the 7 mtr and the 9 mtr or more is a wacking great pump. Nine metres or more and the bore for the pipe is huge and I guess will have to be reduced for the bigger than usual hose pipe to put in it. The size of the pump is more than double as well with all odd bits stuck all over over it. So has any Forum member got more info about them please, it would really help, a good usuable and economical viable pump would do us just fine.

c c c
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 1:00 pm

Every now and then I get the same glitch with the system, so I just reboot and that seems to cure it. Might be handy to send me a mobile number when you get everything working again..or I can PM mine and you can give me a quick ring so I can save your number.

Don't go to any bother with the tea..I drink coffee just as happily.

While I'm at it, is there anything else you need bringing up?

You've put the hex on me..now I have the same problem!!! What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 794030042
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 1:41 pm

bgbazz wrote:
Every now and then I get the same glitch with the system, so I just reboot and that seems to cure it. Might be handy to send me a mobile number when you get everything working again..or I can PM mine and you can give me a quick ring so I can save your number.

Don't go to any bother with the tea..I drink coffee just as happily.

While I'm at it, is there anything else you need bringing up?

You've put the hex on me..now I have the same problem!!! What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 794030042

I'm glad it's not just me that gets a problem with the forum email system. I can read them OK, but almost no chance of sending any, it always goes the first time, but the forum email has to go twice and that's when it goes haywire!! Using our stupid dongle doesn't help either!!

So if you PM me your email address I will send all details on there, that appears the easiest way to do it all.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:05 pm

This pump purchasing business has been an education in itself!! I first questioned should it be a surface pump and then what about a submersible pump? bgbazz has been a diamond with his wealth of information and today the pump was bought at Praktiker in VT. "
What pump is it then?"
- I hear you say, well a submersible of course, the problems with dealing with a surface pump made the submersible heavily outweigh the surface one. All that bleeding the system before you can use the wretched thing and finding that I didn't have half the attachments after the purchase, including the non return valve was enough to convince me which one to buy.

So there we are, a heavy day out shopping and not enough time or energy to install the pump has left me with an exciting action packed day to look forward to tomorrow!!

g g g
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:44 pm

Looking forward to your daily update Itchy.
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 4:14 pm

bgbazz wrote:
I thought you were going to help with the installation!
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 5:00 pm

bgbazz wrote:

A daily update it will be bgbazz - and today's update is that we have been to Pavlikeni to purchase the hosepipes and jubilee clips to connect the whole intricate system that has been laid under the ground. This was all laid by the previous owner and was ready and waiting for any unsuspecting new owner like myself to get the whole system going and running with water.

After the shopping in Pavlikeni today's progress has been nil!! It keeps chucking it down with rain and makes any attempt at getting things started very difficult and so tomorrow will hopefully be an busy action packed day and resulting in a lovely fountain of water escaping from the end of the hosepipe and watering the veggies. Can't wait!! In the meantime the Almighty has doused all my vegetables nicely and so no need for the "
laker"
today!!

What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 1865348797 What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 570106603 :What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 1931734156:
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 7:21 pm

A seven hour drive to tie a rope on a pump and lower it down the well, then turn it on seemed a bit of overkill, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 7:29 pm

For what it's worth..it's been raining on and off all day here too! Just a quick tip Itchy..connect the hose to the pump, put it all down the well and turn it on before you connect it to the existing system. Once you have a good flow, hook it up and go look for problems.
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 7:50 pm

bgbazz wrote:
A seven hour drive to tie a rope on a pump and lower it down the well, then turn it on seemed a bit of overkill, but that's just me.
Fare doo's, I thought you were possibly just in the next village or so.
(Either that or wrong brand of tea)

(Obviously I don't know BG and never looked up where people are located)
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 8:18 pm

No, Phil..it's a bit like me being in Derby, offering to help you in Dundee, only the roads are not as good!
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 7:26 pm

bgbazz wrote:
No, Phil..it's a bit like me being in Derby, offering to help you in Dundee, only the roads are not as good!

You may think you are in Dundee when you get here bgbazz - I will give you a few tunes on the bagpipes as a huge thank you for all your help in selecting the right water pump for our garden, so don't forget your ear plugs!!

What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 1536469901 What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 1536469901 What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 1536469901
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 7:31 pm

Quite comfy wit bagpipes..my Granny was from Dundee, and I've spent a fair bit of time working in Scotland. But the big question remains..did the bloody pump work ok??
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 8:47 pm

Totally off the subject, but I'm from Dundee. You've made me homesick! What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 927475117
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 4:57 am

Sorry I did that.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 12:50 pm

bgbazz wrote:
Quite comfy wit bagpipes..my Granny was from Dundee, and I've spent a fair bit of time working in Scotland. But the big question remains..did the BL**DY pump work ok??

Gushing is the word bgbazz - it's all fitted today, no time yesterday after getting out of bed at 6.30 to go to Hotnitsa to do the car boot. The water can't wait to get out of the well and onto the veg now, we are over the moon with it all. So again many thanks for your invaluable advice and keeping a watchful eye on my progress.

We hope to see the tomotoes take off now and grow like mad!!

What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 570106603 What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 570106603 What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 570106603
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Water Pump do I buy?   What Water Pump do I buy? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Water Pump do I buy?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next