Water

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chrisbriggs
Senior user
Senior user

Water Empty
PostSubject: Water   Water Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:52 am

Hi, we live in a village near Dobrich. Can anyone tell me why our water keeps getting turned off without any notification. It has now been off for 18hours. Who do I speak to? Please dont suggest our village Mayour as she does not like Brits. She had problems with a British couple prior to us moving here, but apparently we are all the same. So she has nothing to do with us. Also does anyone have any ideas when the water situation will improve. Is it just here or does it happen all over BG.
Many thanks from a hot and sweaty ex Pat
Chris Angel
Back to top Go down
ABC Property Surveyors.BG
Senior user
Senior user

Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water   Water Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:03 am

It happens in most villages.The purity of the water should be more of a concern.
Back to top Go down
chrisbriggs
Senior user
Senior user

Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water   Water Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:21 am

Hi thanks for that, when it is on we use a Brita filter, which helps. Its just so frustrating when it goes off. Is there any valid reason that anyone knows of for it happening, or is just a shrug of the shoulders and 'This is Bulgaria'? Water 1763269238
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water   Water Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:23 am

it used to happen regular in our village 5 years ago, but it is very rare we lose the water totally, we lose pressure at times. i have friends in a village near dobrich that has the water off more times than it is on.
it is a real inconvenience when you cannot do basic things like wash your hands or flush the toilet Water 794030042

if your mayor is useless, maybe write to your local water board asking for an explanation. g
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water   Water Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 9:11 am

starlite wrote:
it used to happen regular in our village 5 years ago, but it is very rare we lose the water totally, we lose pressure at times. i have friends in a village near dobrich that has the water off more times than it is on.
it is a real inconvenience when you cannot do basic things like wash your hands or flush the toilet Water 794030042

if your mayor is useless, maybe write to your local water board asking for an explanation. g

The water board in Dobrich is as useless as it seems the Mayor in the village appears to be, so I don't think much water will pass under the bridge there. By the way which village are we talking about chris
Back to top Go down
chrisbriggs
Senior user
Senior user

Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water   Water Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 9:28 am

Hi Willow, we are in Kozloduytsi. We almost hired your villa for some guests this summer, but the plans fell through. Hope all is well with you.
Best wishes
Chris s
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water   Water Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 9:45 am

most of the utilities department are useless, the waterboard would not read my meter despite many requests, they kept giving me dates that they would come and read the meter, but never came on those said dates. Water 794030042
so i went to the office and did a sit in protest, told them i was not leaving until i had paid my bill [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] they promised they would come tomorrow, but i insisted on today. after frantic discussion between them, they came to the house to read the meter and i paid my bill.
Back to top Go down
chrisbriggs
Senior user
Senior user

Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water   Water Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 10:33 am

Thanks for all your answers. I think we will just have to sit and wait this one out. I have emailed the Regional Mayor and one of her deputies over this but I am not holding my breath for a reply. We will wait and see what comes first, the water or and answer from the Regional Mayor
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anyway thanks for replying
Chris Water 1675110159
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water   Water Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 6:46 pm

Novitine News

Water Rationing Nightmare Back in Broiling Bulgaria
Society | July 22, 2012, Sunday
Twenty years after the collapse of the communist regime Bulgaria's water sector remains one of the least reformed systems in the country.

Summer drought, lagging dam construction, leaks and failures in old pipes have brought about water rationing for one third of Bulgaria's population this summer, which will go down in history as one of the hottest ever.

The worst-hit municipalities are Veliko Tarnovo, Vratsa, Dobrich, Lovech, Montana, Plovdiv, Razgrad, Sofia region, Pernik, Targovishte, Gabrovo and Kyustendil.

The citizens living in some districts of Sofia, Varna, Plovdiv and Pleven also were left without regular water supplies because of pipes failures or planned repair works.

Twenty years after the collapse of the communist regime Bulgaria's water sector remains one of the least reformed systems in the country.

The cash-strapped country can not afford to upgrade and maintain all units in the system – from the dam to the end users – and they have been left to the mercy of time and vandalism.

Obsolete water and sewage networks made of asbestos cement are another problem as they cause huge leaks and hurt the quality of the water.

An average 60 percent of water pumped in the pipes never reaches consumers, while in some regions losses account for up to 90 percent, experts say.

.Except for Sofia municipal water supply, which has been granted on concession to a foreign investor, all other units in the sector are either owned by the state or the municipalities.

The company in Sofia however has been harshly criticized for shortage of investments in the upgrade and maintenance of the system.
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water   Water Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 7:58 pm

We are on the Yambol/ Burgas border. The water supply to our village is gravity fed, we are towards the bottom of the village. When water supplies become low our voda meistor switches the supply to the bottom of the village off, so the folk in the higher parts of the village get some water. Last year was the first really bad year for water supply - and we often had no running water for over 18 hours. And when it was on there was often little pressure due to cracks in the pipes!!!!

We bought a couple of the big blue barrels with lids (what they make rakia in)- and put taps in the bottom of them and kept them full - at least we could have a wash, a (very) shallow bath, wash hands and flush the loos during a supply cut. We also kept LOADS of bottles of drinking (tap and bought water) water in.

I have been in Veliko Tarnovo this weekend - and made sure I bought loads of bottled water back with me just in case the water was off when I got home, as we seem to be starting the same game again this summer!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
vulcho
Anonymous

Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water   Water Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:30 am

its not the same in all villages , ours has only been off once for half a day while a pipe was replaced &
we were told about it first, s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water   Water Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Water

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1