What Pump do I buy to work the Well

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

What Pump do I buy to work the Well Empty
PostSubject: What Pump do I buy to work the Well   What Pump do I buy to work the Well Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:14 pm

With the temperature rising and expected to reach 40C on Saturday in the Veliko Tarnovo area, my mind is thinking about what I must do to ensure what is done so that we have a safe and comfortable winter here. If this coming winter is anything like the last one, our water will freeze from the mains and that means I will have to endeavour to get water from the well.

So that now brings me to my question, which is: what pump is best used for pumping water out of our well, is it a submersible, or a surface pump considering the temperature will be below freezing outside.
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: What Pump do I buy to work the Well   What Pump do I buy to work the Well Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:25 pm

Glad you asked, this is one we need to know too. g

Mrs Eq
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: What Pump do I buy to work the Well   What Pump do I buy to work the Well Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:53 pm

We bought a submersible pump last year, but it depends on the depth of your well. We are 12 metres to the water so the
cheaper ones from Metro or Praktiker were no use. The cheap ones may not last long either!
We use ours with the electrical outlet and also have a petrol generator. We didn't use the well during
the winter so the pump etc was dormant until the spring! s
Our mains water did not freeze, but we did it the Bulgarian way and always left a tap on a slow drip when extremely
cold outside.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: What Pump do I buy to work the Well   What Pump do I buy to work the Well Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:46 pm

We have a surface injector pump. More expensive than a submersible but it can chuck out some water. Apart from the occasional top up 'Primming' it is no trouble. We have only lost the mains in winter when it has been turned off by the Mayor for repairs. Good luck What Pump do I buy to work the Well 1536469901
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: What Pump do I buy to work the Well   What Pump do I buy to work the Well Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:08 pm

I have a well and I use a submersible pump. Ground level to highest water level is around 6 metres, down to 8 metres in the middle of summer. I use it it for up to 6 hours every day in the summer, watering the garden patch and lawns. It is one of the 'cheap' Praktiker models and has never missed a beat in over 5 years! It sits about 13 metres below below ground level at all times..last winters ground temp was minus 37 degrees with the ambient temp at minus 27 degrees. We use pipe heaters on the exposed pipes and had no problems with frozen pipes at all. The original 278 leva purchase price [kept the paperwork because it has a ten year warranty] has been well worth it!
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: What Pump do I buy to work the Well   What Pump do I buy to work the Well Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:18 pm

Mate, did you get my reply? Did it help?
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: What Pump do I buy to work the Well   What Pump do I buy to work the Well Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:39 pm

bgbazz wrote:
Mate, did you get my reply? Did it help?

Hi Bazz, yes many thanks for the reply, Will be looking into it more in the next few weeks. Busy painting at the moment, although the heat has slowed me down a bit

c c
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: What Pump do I buy to work the Well   What Pump do I buy to work the Well Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 3:03 pm

Eric, if you need any further help, just call out..I'm not going anywhere. What Pump do I buy to work the Well 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Pump do I buy to work the Well   What Pump do I buy to work the Well Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Pump do I buy to work the Well

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1