AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Lidl - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Lidl   Lidl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:33 am

First topic message reminder :

This I think can only be good news for this region of Bulgaria, the Germans are very shrewed investers and they know a good thing when they see one so maybe things are changing now for the good g

Bulgarian real estate fund FairPlay Properties and Lidl Bulgaria signed a deal on the sale of a 22 000 sq m plot in the Bulgarian city of Plovdiv on September 30 2009.

Lidl Bulgaria is the local arm of German hard discounter Lidl, part of Schwarzgruppe.

The transaction had a price tag of 2.3 million euro before value-added tax.

The plot would accommodate a Lidl supermarket and was part of the chain's local expansion efforts.

The retailer has been actively growing its Bulgarian network with new outlets in Lovech, Pazadjik, Pleven and Silistra currently under construction.

The Plovdiv plot is part of FairPlay's Retail Park Trakia developmen, which is planned in the city's residential area by the same name.

Fairplay said the park would house a hypermarket of a renown European non-food chain, though the company refused to name the chain.

Sources told Dnevnik that the property fund was in talks with several big retailers but pen had not put to paper yet.

FairPlay would use the proceeds of the sale to reduce its credit exposure, executive director Manyu Moravenov said.

After the Plovdiv deal, Fairplay has repaid 5.4 million euro in principals since the start of 2009.
g
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com

AuthorMessage
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

Lidl - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lidl buys 2.3 mln euro plot in Bulgarian town of Plovdiv   Lidl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 11:18 am

Hi George do you have a link to the Bg site? T
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Lidl - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lidl buys 2.3 mln euro plot in Bulgarian town of Plovdiv   Lidl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 11:31 am

Of course, sallyann - here is a link directly to their promotion:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... l/6708.htm

Rgds., G.
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

Lidl - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lidl buys 2.3 mln euro plot in Bulgarian town of Plovdiv   Lidl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 11:35 am

Thank you George I will have a look now and see what its like I bet its only in Bulgarian though Lidl - Page 5 794030042
Back to top Go down
cowshed-sarah
Super user
Super user
cowshed-sarah

Lidl - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lidl buys 2.3 mln euro plot in Bulgarian town of Plovdiv   Lidl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:42 pm

Yes I'm sure this will only be in Bulgarian they don't seem to have the same interest as other EU members and add different languages and lets be honest English is the universal language
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Lidl - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lidl buys 2.3 mln euro plot in Bulgarian town of Plovdiv   Lidl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:45 pm

It is only in Bulgarian, but why shouldn't it be? After all, we are in Bulgaria. How many British websites have a Bulgarian option? s s s s s
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

Lidl - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lidl buys 2.3 mln euro plot in Bulgarian town of Plovdiv   Lidl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 1:16 pm

I do see what you say George and Cowshed but English being a universal language you would think some forethought would have gone into it in order to attract those that spend more which I don't think is the Bulgarians? just my thoughts T
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Lidl - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lidl buys 2.3 mln euro plot in Bulgarian town of Plovdiv   Lidl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 1:20 pm

Carmen wrote:
I do see what you say George and Cowshed but English being a universal language you would think some forethought would have gone into it in order to attract those that spend more which I don't think is the Bulgarians? just my thoughts T

Those that spend more have all gone back to the UK or Spain or France. Lidl are trying to go extremely cheap to attract the BG buyer and judg1ng by the stampedes, they seem to be succeeding. Lidl - Page 5 2381841692 Lidl - Page 5 2381841692 s s
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

Lidl - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lidl buys 2.3 mln euro plot in Bulgarian town of Plovdiv   Lidl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 1:22 pm

coriolanus wrote:
Those that spend more have all gone back to the UK or Spain or France. Lidl are trying to go extremely cheap to attract the BG buyer and judg1ng by the stampedes, they seem to be succeeding. Lidl - Page 5 2381841692 Lidl - Page 5 2381841692 s s

I just love the way you put things George you always make me smile Lidl - Page 5 739492727
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Lidl - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lidl buys 2.3 mln euro plot in Bulgarian town of Plovdiv   Lidl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 1:25 pm

Thank you, bgtraveller - that's a nice compliment s s s s s s s s s
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Lidl - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lidl buys 2.3 mln euro plot in Bulgarian town of Plovdiv   Lidl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 8:55 am

[size=55:17nd6u7i]Standart 26 November 2010

Mad Race for Bananas Lidl
People lined up for the opening of Lidl supermarkets before dawn

The opening of the new Lidl supermarket chain turned into a real stampede. As early as daybreak crowds of pensioners besieged the fourteen Lidl hypermarkets across Bulgaria.
“When did you have a chance to buy bananas for 69 stotinki and cucumbers for 33, asked the lucky ones who managed to enter the shop on Sofia’s Slivnitsa boulevard first. People were pushing along the aisles filling shopping carts as if war was coming. Police officers and security guards hardly managed to keep order. In many places the guards had to call ambulances. Pregnant women tried to stand ahead but were elbowed out. “Communist times seem to have revived since a chocolate bar costs 45 stotinki and an electric heater is available for 17 leva,” grey-haired shopping veterans were commenting. Many students skipped classes to benefit from the discount.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Lidl - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lidl buys 2.3 mln euro plot in Bulgarian town of Plovdiv   Lidl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:00 am

Admin wrote:
[size=55:38vaog3p]Standart 26 November 2010

Mad Race for Bananas Lidl
People lined up for the opening of Lidl supermarkets before dawn

The opening of the new Lidl supermarket chain turned into a real stampede. As early as daybreak crowds of pensioners besieged the fourteen Lidl hypermarkets across Bulgaria.
“When did you have a chance to buy bananas for 69 stotinki and cucumbers for 33, asked the lucky ones who managed to enter the shop on Sofia’s Slivnitsa boulevard first. People were pushing along the aisles filling shopping carts as if war was coming. Police officers and security guards hardly managed to keep order. In many places the guards had to call ambulances. Pregnant women tried to stand ahead but were elbowed out. “Communist times seem to have revived since a chocolate bar costs 45 stotinki and an electric heater is available for 17 leva,” grey-haired shopping veterans were commenting. Many students skipped classes to benefit from the discount.

Looking at this from a slightly different perspective - obviously Lidl has bought huge amounts of cucumbers and bananas, chocolate, etc. at hugely discounted prices because of the quantities involved. They may be losing slightly on these loss leaders, but profiting hugely on everything else. This is good news for Lidl and a con for the BG consumer. s s s
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

Lidl - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lidl buys 2.3 mln euro plot in Bulgarian town of Plovdiv   Lidl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:19 am

I'm sure your right George this is what they all do especially the bigger supermarkets they lead you into a false sense of security and then when your not looking rip you off big time Lidl - Page 5 3356871870
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Lidl - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lidl buys 2.3 mln euro plot in Bulgarian town of Plovdiv   Lidl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:00 pm

[size=55:3uewoujo]Sofia echo 26 November 2010

Pensioners fight over Lidl's spoils

Pensioners became aggressive as they fought each other over cut-price bananas and cucumbers at the newly opened chain of Lidl supermarkets on November 25. The German-owned retailer has opened 14 supermarkets throughout Bulgaria.

Security guards found themselves unable to restore order as shoppers jostled each other and vied for the pickings in several branches. Reportedly, an ambulance had to be called when a woman was injured in the stampede.

According to media reports, the most frenetic scenes were at the Lidl in Sofia's Ilinden area on 236 Slivnitsa blvd.
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

Lidl - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lidl buys 2.3 mln euro plot in Bulgarian town of Plovdiv   Lidl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:13 pm

This is crazy when you think about it a few Bananas and the all go Bananas Lidl - Page 5 1865348797 Lidl - Page 5 1865348797
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Lidl - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lidl buys 2.3 mln euro plot in Bulgarian town of Plovdiv   Lidl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 4:46 am

Reminds me of Poznan in Poland in 1977. There were shortages of everything and I was walking past an empty shop when a lorry pulled up and began disgorging bananas onto the pavement. Suddenly there was a queue of about 200 people. Does the fact that it was orderly exemplify the difference between a Communist regime and a Democracy? s s s s s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lidl - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lidl   Lidl - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lidl

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Retailers & Suppliers-