View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

What do you mis from the uk ??? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: What do you mis from the uk ???   What do you mis from the uk ??? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 6:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

I've been thinking about when I make the final plunge and what will I mis from the UK that can't be got in Bulgaria and since I don't live there yet I thought I would ask those of you who do so what is it you mis from Blighty
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: What do you mis from the uk ???   What do you mis from the uk ??? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 6:53 am

Long ladders are available from praktika, alati, bricolage and baumax. Normal stores aren't allowed to sell roundup, but it's readily found in most ag shops, along with grass seed and fertilisers.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: What do you mis from the uk ???   What do you mis from the uk ??? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 3:11 pm

It is quite easy to cook 'British style' with diligent sourcing of ingredients. This is much easier now that many products are in English as well as Bulgarian. This disappoints me because I loved pouring over packets and tins to see if I could understand what they held. I must admit to buying a one-off parcel from UK once a year for peanut butter, Marmite (of course) Marmalade(can make it myself though), teabags, HP sauce and Leaandperrins Worcester sauce and Roses chocolates!, Yes, I used to be able to buy HP and other products from UK but they seem to have disappeared off my supermarket shelves so I'm happy to go without. I really miss proper Cheddar but make do with the white Cyrene cheese which is tastier than any Kashkaval (yellow). There is nothing that I would die for in Bulgaria and don't expect it. Bulgaria cannot supply us few ex-pats.
I have just read this comment in the latest issue of the Expat Telegraph: 'Accept and embrace what's available'. What good advice. There is so much good stuff for sale why spend time and energy wishing......
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: What do you mis from the uk ???   What do you mis from the uk ??? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 4:06 pm

I believe most of us miss British food more than anything else, Treacle Sponge Pudding springs to mind. Also a decent Internet system wouldn't go amiss in BG, depending on where we live here the Internet can be very slow, fed up reading War and Peace whilst waiting to be connected to Google. My system is so slow, this is my second attempt to post to this topic, must remember to take a copy before posting in future!!

What do you mis from the uk ??? - Page 8 794030042 What do you mis from the uk ??? - Page 8 794030042
Back to top Go down
Lionmanmick

PostSubject: Re: What do you mis from the uk ???   What do you mis from the uk ??? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 3:53 pm

ENGLISH TV

More in reply to post placed by Equinus about missing English speaking TV

Have been here for nearly two months now and my new friends put me onto FILMON

If you have the Internet, go to Google and search for FILMON
You can watch all the English channels on this (free of charge) - just sign up.
All the channels are as they are aired in the UK.

There are UK channels, Movies, and a lot lot more.

if you didn't know about this then happy viewing.
All you soap lovers stay upto date with what's happening
Back to top Go down
http://www.lionpropertyservices.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you mis from the uk ???   What do you mis from the uk ??? - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you mis from the uk ???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Life in Bulgaria-