Blooming lovely

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Blooming lovely - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 2:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

dont you just love this time of year :Great:the gardens are full of life and colour, abundance of blooms flowers and variety of fruit and vegatables. it is worth the effort. s g

here are a few pictures, if you have any in your village, lets have a look. g H

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:07 pm

bgbazz wrote:
If you cut it off a few inches below the break, then treat the live stump with a good coating of the tree wound wax stuff to seal it off, the tree should recover quickly and start growing new branches just below the stump.

I've had this happen on my apricot trees and it's worked a treat. g

Excellent advice and it should work fine.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 11:47 am

Well, after harvesting a couple of hundred kilos of our potatoes yesterday, this morning found me in the garden with the rotary hoe preparing the newly vacated spot for some peas and beans to go in. I picked a nice warm day [40 degrees right now], but got it all done, so it surely must be time for a cold beer!

s s Blooming lovely - Page 3 3023850720
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:57 pm

I love to read about people who are growing their own, I do admire you all for your efforts and I'm sure the rewards are great. Blooming lovely - Page 3 2581928987
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Yep..the rewards are quite good considering the hard work. We usually manage to have enough potatoes, carrots, beans, peas, sweetcorn, onions, tomato purees, garlic, peppers, preserved fruits, jams and honey to last the rest of the year. My MIL and wife have been busy today making and bottling tomato sauces [the kind you use with spag bol]. We also make our own cirenee [white cheese] on a weekly basis. The only thing we don't produce is meat..except for chickens, which get culled when they stop laying. We ended up with almost 25 tons of wheat this year, which is a bargain as well..the best fed chickens in BG!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blooming lovely

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3