Blooming lovely

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Blooming lovely - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 2:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

dont you just love this time of year :Great:the gardens are full of life and colour, abundance of blooms flowers and variety of fruit and vegatables. it is worth the effort. s g

here are a few pictures, if you have any in your village, lets have a look. g H

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:40 pm

awwww fruitlover, things will change, they always do. Blooming lovely - Page 2 1430720830
Back to top Go down
fruitlover
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:35 pm

Yes indeed, and we will make sure they do. Meanwhile, keep posting those pictures!
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:55 pm

If it makes you feel a bit better Fruitlover, our garden is burnt out of flowers and grass! We are keeping the veggies going with watering and the potatoes are all waiting to be dug up because all the green has died. So there you go - are we ever satisfied!?! s
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:51 am

arhhhhh its so windy today it has blown my peach tree in half. Blooming lovely - Page 2 927475117

Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 2:47 pm

Oh dear, I am sorry. Are the peaches saveable? Looks like a heavy crop.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:26 pm

here is the other half. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
afraid it looks like it cannot be saved Blooming lovely - Page 2 927475117

Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:58 pm

Blooming lovely - Page 2 3135333095
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:59 pm

I know Blooming lovely - Page 2 927475117 Blooming lovely - Page 2 927475117 Blooming lovely - Page 2 927475117
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:32 pm

save what you can gal , as they are forecasting more of the same for tomorrow !
Back to top Go down
pollymc1956

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Sad though it may seem and the poor thing does look sorry for itself,but i'm almost certain when i has finished fruiting you can just lop it and tidy it up to a reasonable shape ,it will as good as new in 1 maybe 2 yrs , it is such a shame because it looks a prime speciman,

Kind regards POLLY :Sad1: :Please: :Please: :Please: :Please: :Please:Just try before you do anything drastic
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:01 am

If you cut it off a few inches below the break, then treat the live stump with a good coating of the tree wound wax stuff to seal it off, the tree should recover quickly and start growing new branches just below the stump.

I've had this happen on my apricot trees and it's worked a treat. g
Back to top Go down
fruitlover
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:15 pm

Then maybe when new branches grow, tie them securely to stakes placed round the tree where needed? In such a way that the weight of each branch is against it's stake, to help take the weight of the crop in future years. Not letting any grow straight upwards? What do others think?
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:49 pm

When I prune the fruit trees here, I remove any vertical growth and train the rest to grow horizontally..a length of thick twine attached to a stake in the ground will hold them there until the tree starts leafing up properly. Works for me.
Back to top Go down
will666
Senior user
Senior user
will666

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 4:06 pm

Some of our peach trees had snapped like that due to weight of the strange honeysuckle like weed that seems to be everywhere in hedges and trees in Bulgaria ,
i chopped them of neatly a little bit down from the break and left them to dry in the sun, like with citrus, its better to chop now as with peach and plum trees you should cut them preferably when in new growth as the sap oozing prevents infection like silverleaf getting in the tree

I had a good look at a peach field near by to see how they pruned them and all the trees seem to be cut off at about head hight, about 3 inch wide trunks with a flat end painted with wax, but loads of new growth around them with the fruit on ,branches no where near as long as the branches on peoples home trees
Back to top Go down
http://www.my-bulgarian-house-renovation.com
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Blooming lovely - Page 2 3356871870 Will, that's the way I do mine and I learned that from my BG neighbours..keep the vertical stuff from growing and allow lots of light into the centre of the tree..keep the fruit bearing branches as horizontal as possible and use that waxy stuff on every wound you cause. I also paint the lime/water solution on the trunks just before leafing and it seems to keep a lot of the nasties from taking up residence. Branches which produce a heavy load of fruit are easily supported with a 'T' shaped stake as required. g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blooming lovely   Blooming lovely - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blooming lovely

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next