altText

lovely neighbours

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

lovely neighbours Empty
PostSubject: lovely neighbours   lovely neighbours Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:36 pm

I would just like to tell everyone my experiences so far with our lovely bulgarian neighbours. Since we have moved in our neighbour milen;
who speaks the best english i have ever heard in bulgaria! has helped us sort out our water and electric, helped us find suppliers of hay and straw and feed for the horses. come on a search for an open vetinary shop on christmas eve because one of the horses was ill. given me a puppy, countless trips to translate things for us and helped fix our roof. all because were neighbours.
Our neighbour on the otherside has left his own jobs to help me train my youngster on the cart andbb Helped catch the horses when theyve escaped.
Weve also been invited to lots of peoples houses for dinner and everyone stops for a chat when were out with the dogs.
One of the sheep herders is helping me train my dog to round up sheep properly.
I think i am very lucky to live in a village with so many kind welcoming people and wondered if others have found the same. s
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

lovely neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: lovely neighbours   lovely neighbours Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:23 pm

yes i have, our experience of bulgarian neighbours is all positive, they just want to help in anyway they can. our neighbours dont speak english at all, but we manage with our limited knowledge of the language. who would invite you to christmas dinner, give vegatables regular, learn you how to grow your own vegatables, in deed, willing to give you their time, and that is rare these days. :lovely neighbours 1931734156:
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

lovely neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: lovely neighbours   lovely neighbours Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:28 pm

lovely neighbours 3356871870

Nice to hear something positive for a change!

Same experience here ... although our house is in a 'town' rather than a village, all the neighbours are lovely.

We're invited for meals, and we invite them. Nobody speaks English, but we always get by and it makes me improve my Bulgarian anyhow. WIth a dictionary, pen &
paper and sign language, everything is fine!

I've spoken more to my Bulgarian neighbours in the last few years than I ever did in the UK or when I lived in France (yet I speak far less Bulgarian than English or French!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Pavingslabsbg
Junior user
Junior user

lovely neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: lovely neighbours   lovely neighbours Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:55 am

We also have wonderful neighbours.Our friend who speaks brilliant English,although he is very modest about it,helps with everything when we need a translator.
The Baba at the top of the road brings us lunch when we are working as she doesn't think we have time to cook,bless her.All the other neighbours are great too,helping when they can and to the best of their abilities.The language is never a problem,we try hard and understand most of it now,but smiles and laughter are the best language in the world!
Yes this is a lovely positive topic.Advice to anyone moving over is get stuck in with the locals.They love to see us working hard and living a simple life and have accepted us as Bulgarians now. lovely neighbours 3356871870
Back to top Go down
http://pavingslabsbg.com/
oddball
oddball

lovely neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: lovely neighbours   lovely neighbours Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 8:25 pm

lovely neighbours 3356871870 Scunnered we too have good neighbor the whole 3 villages lovely neighbours 1865348797 We can't go for a walk until late afternoon now when the people are resting. Everyone stops us for a chat but mostly a hug. H We normally come home laden-ed with fruits, nuts. etc The people are just wonderful we are so very lucky. s
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

lovely neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: lovely neighbours   lovely neighbours Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 8:37 pm

Our neighbours are marvelous and we could ask for better ones. It kind of reminds me of when I was knee high to a grasshopper so many years ago when you neighbours were friends and almost acted as relatives :Hearts:I can still remember how neighbours in Britain would give a little know and then walk in and sometimes if my mum was busy put the kettle on for a brew. I am at the moment trying to get our neighbors to come into the house without me having to drag them is but its hard going. Our neighbours are the most kind and generous people I could wish to meet and there isn't anything they would do for us. Here's to my Bulgarian neighbours lovely neighbours 3023850720
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

lovely neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: lovely neighbours   lovely neighbours Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lovely neighbours

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1