Any news yet.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Any news yet..... Empty
PostSubject: Any news yet.....   Any news yet..... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 9:53 am

is there any news of varna airport opening on time, 1st march i believe. I want to book a flight, but i dare not in case is does not open on time. so its just a waiting game. Any news yet..... 794030042
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

Any news yet..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any news yet.....   Any news yet..... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:09 am

I don't know but here are a few pictures I got from a friend of mine.

Varna Airport
10 February 2012

Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Any news yet..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any news yet.....   Any news yet..... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:20 am

oh dear. Any news yet..... 2345823347
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

Any news yet..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any news yet.....   Any news yet..... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:23 am

the runway was completed and has had its test run ..plane doing bumps and starts for ages after the landing ......this was a few days before the weather set in
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Any news yet..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any news yet.....   Any news yet..... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:34 am

varnagirl wrote:
the runway was completed and has had its test run ..plane doing bumps and starts for ages after the landing ......this was a few days before the weather set in

Here is a bit to confirm varnagirl's post

Recent News

[size=150:hic70jcd]Varna Airport: The countdown has started

On 19th January 2012 started a test flight program for checking the new constructed runway and airfield lighting system at Varna Airport.
The large scale project of "
Fraport Twin Star Airport Management"
for the rehabilitation of the runway, in which the company invested nearly BGN40 million, was launched on 15 October last year.
The construction works are completed and the test flights started as scheduled.
Test flights are required to check and calibrate the runway lighting system and the air navigation aids, approach and landing facilities and to ascertain the operational serviceability of air navigation equipment at Varna airport runway.
Series of test flights with a total duration of about 12 flying hours are in a process of execution by the airplane "
Falcon 2000"
. The plane is equipped with the necessary equipment for test flights over the air navigation facilities and the crew is certified to carry out such flights.
Based on the results of tests Directorate General "
Civil Aviation Administration"
will issue a certificate for operational fitness of airport.
In the course of a 3-month around the clock works, an average of 30 cm of asphalt have been laid along the whole length of the runway, and new drainage system, new lighting system and ground marking have been performed.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

Any news yet..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any news yet.....   Any news yet..... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:28 pm

ummm ,scuse me Willow....why did you think it needed confirming Any news yet..... 2581928987
I dunna make things up and i believe what me eyes tell me ... H
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Any news yet..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any news yet.....   Any news yet..... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 3:58 pm

varnagirl wrote:
ummm ,scuse me Willow....why did you think it needed confirming Any news yet..... 2581928987
I dunna make things up and i believe what me eyes tell me ... H
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sorry varnagirl, please forgive me. I forgot that you can see the runway from your bedroom window Any news yet..... 1536469901
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

Any news yet..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any news yet.....   Any news yet..... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:34 pm

They will more than likely have an official opening so keep your eyes peeled. Any news yet..... 3135333095
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Any news yet..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any news yet.....   Any news yet..... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:16 pm

I will thanks, not booking until its confirmed open. g
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

Any news yet..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any news yet.....   Any news yet..... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:11 am

News from Varna region and the world
Open Airport "
Varna"
next week

Sn.: Moreto.net
DarikNews.bg

Today, February 20, 2012 11:42

The full exploitation of the airport "
Varna"
will begin on February 29. This was announced by the governor Dancho Simeonov. Airport stopped working because of repair of October 15 last year.

In connection with implementing the National Programme for safety in civil aviation by 8:00 this Friday will be refunded standard security and access control at the airport.

thank god for that .....travelling to burgas was begining to be a pain in the !!!
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Any news yet..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any news yet.....   Any news yet..... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:49 am

varnagirl wrote:
News from Varna region and the world
Open Airport "
Varna"
next week

Sn.: Moreto.net
DarikNews.bg

Today, February 20, 2012 11:42

The full exploitation of the airport "
Varna"
will begin on February 29. This was announced by the governor Dancho Simeonov. Airport stopped working because of repair of October 15 last year.

In connection with implementing the National Programme for safety in civil aviation by 8:00 this Friday will be refunded standard security and access control at the airport.

thank god for that .....travelling to burgas was begining to be a pain in the !!!

T varnagirl, that is excellent news, it means I will not be diverted to Bourgas on my next visit, it means starlight can now go ahead with her booking and amoungst other good points it means you can get back to airplane spotting g waving all your friends
:Any news yet..... 1931734156: goodbye
Any news yet..... 1536469901
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Any news yet..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any news yet.....   Any news yet..... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:24 pm

Any news yet..... 3356871870 :Hearts:wonderful :Fantastic: :Fantastic: :Fantastic:
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

Any news yet..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any news yet.....   Any news yet..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Some news here from Novinite.

Bulgaria Reopens Revamped Varna Airport
Bulgaria's Varna Airport on the Black Sea coast reopens Wednesday, February 29, 2012, with the first regular flight arriving from Vienna, Austria.

The airport resumes serving passengers and flights after it was closed in October 2011 for rehabilitation of its runway.

Since the fall of 2011, concessionaire Fraport Twin Star Airport Management has invested BGN 40 M to improve the runway of the Varna Airport.

In November 2011, Fraport Twin Star Airport Management signed the contract for the construction of the new terminals with the selected constructor, Turkish consortium TIE-ICDAS.

The construction of the two passenger terminals is estimated to cost the concessionaire a total of BGN 130 M.

As early as July 2011, the concessionaire of the Bulgarian Black Sea airports Varna and Burgas Fraport Twin Star Airport Management announced plans to invest BGN 170 M in their modernization in the next 3 years.

Fraport Twin Star CEO Dirk Schusdziara explained that BGN 40 M will poured in the overhaul of the Varna Airport runway, and the rest will go for the construction of the new passenger terminals.

During modernization projects at Varna Airport and Burgas Airport in the next three years, the company will create 1 500 new jobs, he said.

The runway has been repaved with 30-cm thick asphalt cover, and has new draining system, new lighting and markings. All renovations have been completed on time and on schedule.

The test flights began on January 19, 2012.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

Any news yet..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any news yet.....   Any news yet..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:02 pm

yep ..it was music to my ears and a pleasure to my eyes ...to see and hear the first flight land and take off again this lunchtime....

mind you . wont do us much good at the moment as Wizz does not fly back in till end march ( uless they change the schedule ) and Bg air is only doing one flight a week ,on a thursday ..starting 31May !!! Any news yet..... 3135333095
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Any news yet..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any news yet.....   Any news yet..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:51 pm

s Fantastic news: Good I will look at booking a week in May - suppose to be a rest Any news yet..... 1536469901 Any news yet..... 1865348797

Thanks for update Cheeks g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Any news yet..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any news yet.....   Any news yet..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any news yet.....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next