In the news

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

In the news Empty
PostSubject: In the news   In the news Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Life in Bulgaria is a mixed bag. We Brits seem to be an endless topic of conversation both where we live and in the media. I was wondering if anyone on this forum has been interviewed by a newspaper or on TV. What are people's views on the good and bad of being 'in the news?'
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

In the news Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the news   In the news Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 4:53 pm

I haven't been on either but I do believe that Berni and Brian has so maybe they will add their bit to this topic.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

In the news Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the news   In the news Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:31 pm

I was once interviewed by Katy Boyle In the news 3135333095. I was only 10 years old and all my school friends thought I was great for a while. But soon forgotten In the news 2581928987.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

In the news Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the news   In the news Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Well many moons ago when I was in secondary school I was a member of the school marionettes club eventually being made to No1, anyway the school was approached to create some sort of road safety sketch so this was put to our group so we created a small safety program. I have tried to find in the achieves of the BBC or ITV because I can't remember which one it was but ITV seems to ring a bell or as they were known then Alpha television studios, Aston Cross Birmingham. Below is the type of marionettes we used but we also had 100s that were made by ourselves.

I've often wondered if the frog here was the basis on which Kermit was created? g
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

In the news Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the news   In the news Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:37 pm

Well, that's different! g
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

In the news Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the news   In the news Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 7:43 am

Admin wrote:
Well many moons ago when I was in secondary school I was a member of the school marionettes club eventually being made to No1, anyway the school was approached to create some sort of road safety sketch so this was put to our group so we created a small safety program. I have tried to find in the achieves of the BBC or ITV because I can't remember which one it was but ITV seems to ring a bell or as they were known then Alpha television studios, Aston Cross Birmingham. Below is the type of marionettes we used but we also had 100s that were made by ourselves.

I've often wondered if the frog here was the basis on which Kermit was created? g

When I was a kid my Dad made me a Punch and Judy set including the stage and the puppets. I used to enjoy doing a show to me neighbours in the back garden, I could never work out how to use the special reed that you hold in your mouth to make the proper punch voice. So in effect for me it wasn't quite "
That's The Way To Do It."

In the news 1865348797 In the news 1865348797
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

In the news Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the news   In the news Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 7:56 am

Well I can't remember being interviewed on radio or TV in my youth although I did appear in a local rag as 'Miss Hotpants' at the local carnival and before that, embarrassingly on the front page of said rag in baby doll pyjamas with other unsuitably attired friends at a pyjama party which was all the rage back in the 50s.
However, being one of the first Brits to arrive in Mindya we have both appeared on TV as to why we had decided that it was a good place to live. Most Bulgarians don't understand this. Then when I joined the village choir this was an endless topic of news for the press both TV and newspapers plus an embarrassing interview on radio (in Bulgarian) after a performance speaking into a phone on which I could barely hear the question! Then of course, my sponsoring the first Rockfest added to my uniqueness and more embarrassing interviews as to why a 70 year old woman would do this besides singing Bulgarian folk.
I have to say, that I never asked for for this attention. It was thrust upon me and I later found out that the Mayor and the villagers loved to have the village put 'on the map'. It apparently also attracts more funds into the village by hosting festivities etc. Therefore, I will always respond to a request if it helps the village no matter how nervous I maybe.
My point was, do you think its almost a civic duty to do this to help the village or do you feel that this notoriety is not a blessing in any way?
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

In the news Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the news   In the news Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Some good stories here but unfortunately I can't add anything to it but will look forward to reading about others. s
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

In the news Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the news   In the news Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Mr Eq has been on TV a few times in the course of his work, but most notably was interviewed by Michaela Strachen about his job.

Mrs Eq
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In the news Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the news   In the news Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In the news

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1