altText

Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage   Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

Thought it would be good to list the items you lovely forum members donated to the Silistra Orphanage so far.

Dougie and myself wish to thank you for your generous donation that you posted to us - we are just over the moon with the items so far from Ashley Admin and Guy Mugshot.

You are truly little superstars

Oddy
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage   Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:11 pm

chrissybg wrote:
This is wonderful news. How many children are there in total at the orphanages you support. Please let me know

Hi Chrissy

Thank you for your post. We have in total supported 9 orphanages but our main orphanages are in Silistra we have 3 orphanages there The Dicmho has 55 children ranged for 7 to 18 years, Malek has 16 children ranged from 3 to 12 and the Baby/Medical orphange has 70+ chldren. We also support the Disability Day Centre where there are children for 3 to 30+ with 48 residents and a various people drop in. We also have the Home for the Elderly with 110 residents - This year we have taken on the Adult Disability Home with 130 adults and we also take goods to three poor villages and the doctor surgery. We are a none profit organization - we are not about money but only the goods that are donated to us - we do for time to time fund raise to obtain certain items. Dougie and myself do all the collecting, sorting, packing, labeling, palleting and organise the laoding and unloading of the lorry. We collect goods, clothing shoes, toys. toiletries, stationery etc all year round and in Sept we ship the 22+ palles of goods to Bulgaria, we then fly out and meet the lorry at the other side so all the goods are delivered to the Dimcho. Each organization now make their own arrangements to collect the goods from the Dimcho. We have a big Garden Party every year and some of the goods are opened on the day and given to the children - Willowsend is our official photographer and has covered the event for the past 4 years, you can see some of the photographs on the gallery here or on our website and facebook below. Dougie and I also cover and fill 100's of shoeboxes for our orphanges and others and they are all kept ready for Christmas.

Last year we managed to send 40 children to Sunny Beach on an all inclusive holiday (unortunately we can't do that this year unless we pay 50% of the cost) We also managed to raise funds via the Garden Party and followers to buy 40 new bunk beds which is pretty amazing really. Our project this year is to sponsor a bike, Chris our mod an web designer is working on the chart just now and it will go on the facebook page. Admin, Chris and Bulgaria Bill are our back up team and they support us any way they can.

So there you have it Chrissy, bet you are sorry you asked now Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 2345823347 I do get very excited and carried away with our cause, everytime soneone donates something it is just as exciting as the very first item back in 2008. Who would think a visit to the orphanage in 2008 has now led to this. Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 3367882216 Come and join the facebook and keep up to date. Special thanks to all our supporters and sponsors for all your help, you are all just amazing. Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 1536469901 Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 2706089290
This picture say it all for us

Berni s
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage   Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:46 pm

I am so happy to recieve your news and happy that every thing has gone so well for you with all of this.
We support the orphanages in Yambol and our local kinder gardens and to date every thing has gone very too.
I love to sew that is why i asked how many children you have and i have lots of peices of material I have made christmas stocking for just about every child locally in our small town and for the orphanages.
So what i am saying is Will 200 christmas stockings and 100 christmas bags for the adults cover your numbers and would you like them?
I make them as i go through the year and they will be ready for you all being well.
The smaller items you have donated to you will be great for filling them with and they all look so festive at christmas
Just let me know If i can make them i will
chrissy xxx God bless all of you for the work you do
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage   Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 6:01 pm

WOW!! :Great:Chrissy thank you so much that sounds wonderful s. It is getting more and more difficult for me now to do the shoeboxes as I also work full time and each year we are taking on more and more organizations, so basically I work 24/7 so xmas stocking would be fab than I could send the goods over and let the staff make up the stocking. You could come to the Garden Party in Sept with them or Mick who also lives in your areas, I am sure will be happy to bring them with them when they come. This is good news thank you so much I look forward to hearing from you, if you have photos send it to me on pm thank you again. Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 1763269238
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage   Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 6:42 pm

we would love to come to the garden party please let me know when and where it is we shall bring the stockings with us.
Happy to help in any way we can I shall add up the numbers you wrote to me in the previous post and make a couple of extras Don't want any one disapointed with out one I shall try to send you photos now
love Chrissy xx

Chrissy I have added the wonderful photo here - they are fantatic!!! Yes please the children will just love them. You are an
Angel
Oddy g

Last edited by 140 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To added photo of the stocking/bags)
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage   Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 9:13 pm

Hi Guys
Tyra’s Project in Belgium – on the move.
We have FANTASTIC!!! news regarding 12 year old Tyra’s project in Belgium. Tonight Mr A collected 10 huge boxes of goods from Belgium to take to the Silistra Orphanage Bulgaria. Mr &
Mrs A donated 1 cubic meter of space in their van to our cause so the children can have the items that Tyra has been collecting. We are all just overwhelmed at their generosity thank you so much. Special thanks to Tyra our little angel and to think a 12 year old girl can do so much to help others it is just totally amazing!!. Tyra’s parents and grandmother must be very very proud of her she did an excellent job. We are truly delighted to know Tyra and proud to have her as a volunteer for our cause. NOW: [size=150:1js5b9t9]We still have about another 3 pallets load of goods ready and waiting to be moved from Belgium to Bulgaria so if anyone can help please please can you contact me asap thanks a million Berni &
Dougiexx

These are still to be picked up from Belgium:

Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage   Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 7:47 am

oddball wrote:
Special thanks to Tyra our little angel and to think a 12 year old girl can do so much to help others it is just totally amazing!!.

Well done Tyra ... and well done Mr &
Mrs A Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 1536469901
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage   Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:40 pm

oddball wrote:
Hi Guys
Tyra’s Project in Belgium – on the move.
We have FANTASTIC!!! news regarding 12 year old Tyra’s project in Belgium. Tonight Mr A collected 10 huge boxes of goods from Belgium to take to the Silistra Orphanage Bulgaria. Mr &
Mrs A donated 1 cubic meter of space in their van to our cause so the children can have the items that Tyra has been collecting. We are all just overwhelmed at their generosity thank you so much. Special thanks to Tyra our little angel and to think a 12 year old girl can do so much to help others it is just totally amazing!!. Tyra’s parents and grandmother must be very very proud of her she did an excellent job. We are truly delighted to know Tyra and proud to have her as a volunteer for our cause. NOW: [size=150:3lh8unmc]We still have about another 3 pallets load of goods ready and waiting to be moved from Belgium to Bulgaria so if anyone can help please please can you contact me asap thanks a million Berni &
Dougiexx

These are still to be picked up from Belgium:

The 10 boxes re on route to Bulgaria
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage   Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:42 pm

We may have addional help with colleciton in Belgium Angel So fingers crossed Angel I will keep you upated g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage   Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 1:11 pm

T T T to our volunteers/donors/sponsors in Belgium and the Netherlands and Bulgaria for all your support: I am happy to say I managed to find a donor Global Logistics in the Netherlands who has helped us by picking up the 7 pallets from Belgium and taking to their warehouse until BA Cargo Partners from Sofia can arranged for their transport to another lorry and delivered to Silsitra on or around 18th April. We are just delighted and overwhelmed at the generosity of the Belgium people and our 12 year old Tyra. Tyra's Project will continue and our sponsors 'ON THE ROAD' will continue to collect a cubic metre every month from Belgium on their UK trip.

golly gosh if I had know the size of the truck I would have asked them to come to the UK and pick our lot us. Now I have to find a sponsor for the transport as we have only just learned we do not have a sponsor this year Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 794030042

See our facebook below for more pictures
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage   Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi Guys

It is this time of year again when our good friend Borislav at Nominal Ltd Accounting in Bulgaria makes his donation to us for the Silistra orphanage. As you all know Boris is a long term donors. Boris at Nominal Ltd (Accounting Co in Bulgaria) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has been with us now for 4+ years and each year he makes a donation to the Silistra Orphanage of 10% on every tax return the Company does. He was our very first Bulgarian Company who came forward to help us and as you can see we have his banner at on the forum. Borislav has made his donation again this year which is fantastic and we are delighted. We will put this donation to good use perhaps new helmets/viz jackets for all the total of 56 bikes to include the 10 to go over in Sept. Special thanks Borislav for your continual support you are just a fantastic chap. Angel

Not only that, Our wonderful sponsor Richard at Sewage Solutions [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] also made his donation early in the year and also send 5 new helmets to me here in the UK so they will go over in Sept too. Richard has a banner on top of the forum. He has been with us for 3 years. He even made the trip to Silistra last years Garden Party. He is a real nice man and every year he comes forward, like Borislav without fail to support our children any way he can. Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 2316720568 Richard you are a star!!! g

We are very lucky to have these two companies helping us. Thank you both you are just amazing.

s
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage   Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 7:37 am

Look at these wonderful tops hand knitted by a group of ladies in Peterborough and donated to us. All 140 of them. Most of them will go to our new project The Maternity Unit in Silistra as well and the other orphanages. s g Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 2706089290
g s

Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage   Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 10:40 am

fantastic there will not be any one cold this winter
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage   Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 8:33 am

Some fantastic news!!!!!!! Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 2706089290
Our friend Bruce Dunn and his family from The Palace Hotel in Oban Scotland has donated 10 new 2 man tents and 12 new sleeping bags to the Silistra Orphanage The tents have arrived awaiting the sleeping back now.

The tents have arrived: The Palace Hotel Oban donated these 10 2 man tents and 13 sleeping bags to the Silistra orphanage. Thank you to the owners the Dunn family for this wonderful donation Oh my word will you LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bruce Dunn Hi Berni, 10 new 2 man tents are on their way to your house as a donation from our hotel. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 2547593272
Palace Hotel Oban
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage   Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 7:36 pm

I have just been offered 100 summer dresses for the children in our orphanages from 'Dress a girl around the world charity' They will be posted to me tomorrow look how cute these dress are H
g T T Louise xx
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage   Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 8:32 pm

Strange as it may seem, I've met this family and they are all fantastic, so I'm not really surprised to hear of their support..the world needs more people just like them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage   Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Items Donated to the Silistra Orphanage

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next