Learning Bulgarian

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
mechta
Super user
Super user

Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Learning Bulgarian   Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 12:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

'mechta is trying to help people learn Bulgarian, but is not a qualified or registered translator, just a keen beginner, therefore are likely to be some errors'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
first the alphabet (azbuka)
Aа -->
a...'a' as in c'a't
Бб -->
b...'b' as in 'b'us
Вв -->
v...'v' as in 'v'illa
Гг -->
g...'g' as in 'g'o
Дд -->
d...'d' as in 'd'o
Ее -->
e...'e' as in l'e'g
Жж-->
zh...'zh' as in plea's'ure
Зз -->
z...'z' as in 'z'oo
Ии -->
i...'i' as in p'i'g
Йй -->
j/y/short i... as in 'y' in 'y'ellow
Кк -->
k...'k' as in 'k'itten
Лл -->
l...'l' as in 'l'ion
Мм -->
m...'m' as in 'm'ouse
H н -->
n...'n' as in 'n'ew
Оо -->
o...'o' as in d'o'g
Пп -->
p...'p' as in 'p'ub
P р -->
r...'r' as in 'r'isk
Сc -->
s...'s' as in 's'un
Тт -->
t...'t' as in town
Уу -->
u...'u' as in m'oo'n
Фф -->
f...'f' as in 'f'un
Цц -->
ts...'ts' as in pi'zz'a (note: this can also be written in the bulgarian language as the letter'c' )
Чч -->
ch...'ch' as in 'ch'icken
Шш -->
sh...'sh' as in 'sh'oe
Щщ -->
sht...'sht' as in ru'shed'
Ъъ -->
has no particular letter in Latin. But Is pronounced like the 'i' in g'i'rl;
written as 'y' or 'a'.
ь -->
no particular letter, no word can begin with it. It's just a sound softening letter.
Юю -->
yu...'yu' as in 'yu'ppie
Яя -->
ya...'ya' as in 'ya'nkie
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: usernames and quotes in bulgarian   Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 4:49 pm

Daisy wrote:
Hi Louise the above was meant for Scotan not you, your language is fine as it should be s g g
i know g but i was correcting Scotan's English hahaha, I would hope my language is fine due to i'm doing AS English Lang' and want to be an English teacher Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 2381841692
Back to top Go down
Scortan
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: usernames and quotes in bulgarian   Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:47 pm

mechta wrote:
Daisy wrote:
Hi Louise the above was meant for Scotan not you, your language is fine as it should be s g g
i know g but i was correcting Scotan's English hahaha, I would hope my language is fine due to i'm doing AS English Lang' and want to be an English teacher Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 2381841692

[size=150:27p0bfix]Thank you people :) Well...Actually I get my English skills with experience in the UK more than 4 years.But I gonna be quite happy to get some advices from you Louise...and from all of you people. Also I can give you a hand with learning Bulgarian language , that because I'm native Bulgarian as you know, So will be easier for me to explain you in details about Bulgarian language.
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Help for You   Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:48 pm

hello all,
I am planning on creating a series of Bulgarian lessons on this forum.
BUT...I just wondered as I doing this is there anything that will make it easier for you to learn? e.g. pictures? or any topics that you would like?
:)
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Help for You   Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:02 pm

Well done our kid. Pictures paint a thousand words T
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Help for You   Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:02 pm

Great idea I think any type of learning Bulgarian will be appreciated Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 2706089290
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Bulgarian Lessons - Lesson 1 the alphabet   Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:14 pm

'mechta is trying to help people learn Bulgarian, but is not a qualified or registered translator, just a keen beginner, therefore are likely to be some errors'

Admin g

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[marquee:n6qc9w9z]first the alphabet (
азбука azbuka)
[/marquee:n6qc9w9z]

Information: Bulgarian's use the Cyrillic Alphabet...The Bulgarian alphabet consists of 30 letters, and vowels - they are: а, ъ, о, у, е, и. (there are also semi-vowels, however these are quite difficult to understand).
The Bulgarian alphabet is based on phonetic and the morphological principles, i.e. to a great extend there are direct correspondences between letters and sounds but not always (Yes, there are exceptions!). This means that, unlike in English, in general the words are pronounced the way they are spelled, and are spelled the way they are pronounced. There are two basic types of exceptions to that correspondence between letter and sound. (which is great for people like me who spell things as they sound...yes i can't spell;
if you haven't noticed! haha).

Aа -->
a...'a' as in c'a't
Бб -->
b...'b' as in 'b'us
Вв -->
v...'v' as in 'v'illa
Гг -->
g...'g' as in 'g'o
Дд -->
d...'d' as in 'd'o
Ее -->
e...'e' as in l'e'g
Жж-->
zh...'zh' as in plea's'ure
Зз -->
z...'z' as in 'z'oo
Ии -->
i...'i' as in p'i'g
Йй -->
j/y/short i... as in 'y' in 'y'ellow *usually written as 'i'
Кк -->
k...'k' as in 'k'itten
Лл -->
l...'l' as in 'l'ion
Мм -->
m...'m' as in 'm'ouse
H н -->
n...'n' as in 'n'ew
Оо -->
o...'o' as in d'o'g
Пп -->
p...'p' as in 'p'ub
P р -->
r...'r' as in 'r'isk
Сc -->
s...'s' as in 's'un
Тт -->
t...'t' as in town
Уу -->
u...'u' as in m'oo'n
Фф -->
f...'f' as in 'f'un
Хх -->
h ...'h' as in 'h'oney
Цц -->
ts...'ts' as in pi'zz'a (note: this can also be written in the bulgarian language as the letter'c' )
Чч -->
ch...'ch' as in 'ch'icken
Шш -->
sh...'sh' as in 'sh'oe
Щщ -->
sht...'sht' as in ru'shed'
Ъъ -->
has no particular letter in Latin. But Is pronounced like the 'i' in g'i'rl * can be written as 'y', 'u' or 'a'.
ь -->
no particular letter, no word can begin with it. It's just a sound softening letter.
Юю -->
yu...'yu' as in 'yu'ppie
Яя -->
ya...'ya' as in 'ya'nkie * can be written as 'ya' 'ia' or even 'q' - due to that я on a Bulgarian keyboard corresponds to the letter q

Video - Видео (Video)
I made this video myself, sorry for the super bad quality and that it is really quick;
when i made it, it wasn't like that but youtube changed it Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 3998065313 .

Task 1 : can you translate these letters from Cyrillic to Latin? and Say what they are in English?
example: Бира, this contains the letters b i r and a - bira. When said this word sounds like the English word for beer.

1. Такси
2. Хотел
3. Ресторант
4. Кока Кола
5. Сандвич
6. Сърфинг
7. Музика
8. Капучино
9. Интернет
10. Голф
* please note that unfortunatly not all Bulgarian words sound like English words once written in Latin!

Task 2 Can you write the names of these citys in Bulgarian?
example London - this clearly contains the letters l,o,n,d,o,n which in Bulgarian are л,о,н,д,о,н so London = Лондон.

1. Paris
2. Berlin
3. Tokyo
4. New York
5. Deli
6. Cardiff
7. Sydney

* Remember that Bulgarian's write things phonetically (how they sound). For example, my name is Louise but in Bulgarian that isn't just Лоуисе (the letters from latin to cyrillic) it is infact written as Луиз Luiz because that is how it sounds.

^ Please write the answers to these in the comment section, answers will be shown within a few days! Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 3367882216

How to write your name in Bulgarian
J

As you may or may not of noticed the Bulgarian alphabet is missing a few letters that we have in English i.e. J.
If your name has a J in it for example Jonathan or Jessica then to create a J in Bulgarian one must combined the letters д and ж thus creating the sound дж - dzh.

So the name Jonathan is written as Джонатан and Jessica as Джесика.
As you can see from above Jonathan and Jessica isn't written as it in in English they are written as Jonatan and Jesika this is due to the fact that Bulgarian is a phonetic language. As I previous mentioned you can not just convert your name from latin to cyrillic. I shall use again the example of my name (because i'm too lazy to type more Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 2381841692) . My name is Louise but in Bulgarian that isn't just Лоуисе (the letters from latin to cyrillic) it is infact written as Луиз Luiz because that is how it sounds.

TH
In Bulgarian you can't simply write Т and X to make TH as in the example of Jonathan. The best way to write such as name is to decide upon if it sounds more like a T or a D in English.
For example:
Jonathan - Джонатан Jonatan
Heather - Хедър Hedar

Examples of names :

Роби Robi - Robbie
Ричард Richard - Richard
Анна/Ана Anna/Ana - Anna/Ana
Джеймс Jeims - James
Филип Filip - Philip
Александрия Aleksandriya - Alexandria
Теодора Teodora - Teodora
Берни Berni - Berni
Брайън Braian - Brian
Рей Rai - Ray
Дайвид Daivid - David -->
*because in Bulgarian there is no 'a' 'i' or 'y' due to that for example 'a' is pronounced as 'ah' for names like Kate or Brian or Mike we put together а and й to make the sound ай ai and for names such as David and Ray we put е and й to make the sound ей ei *
Луиз Luiz - Louise
Сам Sam - Sam
Мария Mariya - Maria
Мери Meri - Mary
Андреа Andrea - Andrea

Next Lesson: will be the Bulgarian numbers Angel
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Help for You   Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:33 pm

View lesson 1 here - viewtopic.php?f=42&
t=4257
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Lessons - Lesson 1 the alphabet   Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:18 pm

This is very interesting Luiz I think looking at this I might be in with a chance of learning or trying to the trouble is with me I start off well and then give up when the going gets tuf but I think for me how you have started here will help me greatly every other time I have tried the lessons always seem very hard but it look here like you have written it to be understood along with the sound . I promise I will give this a real go T
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Lessons - Lesson 1 the alphabet   Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:25 pm

nu2bg wrote:
This is very interesting Luiz I think looking at this I might be in with a chance of learning or trying to the trouble is with me I start off well and then give up when the going gets tuf but I think for me how you have started here will help me greatly every other time I have tried the lessons always seem very hard but it look here like you have written it to be understood along with the sound . I promise I will give this a real go T

Well just don't give up [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] many times I have wanted to scream and pull my hair out (esspically with French Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 2381841692) but you just have to have determind ( I am too determind for my own good Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 2381841692) and when you get stuck I can help you as much as you need, it's no trouble I enjoy it :)
And I am glad that you will give this a go, it will be nice to see my efforts come to use. I wish you all the luck in the world Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 405927828
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Help for You   Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:36 pm

g

Fantastic!!! pictures video magic wand anything that would help it sink in would be fab!!!

Well done darling super job s Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 2706089290

Oddy
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Help for You   Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:38 pm

oddball wrote:
g

Fantastic!!! pictures video magic wand anything that would help it sink in would be fab!!!

Well done darling super job s Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 2706089290

Oddy
thank yooouu T
Back to top Go down
bfc_xxx

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Lessons - Lesson 1 the alphabet   Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 7:29 am

This is how I learned the cyrillic alphabet from luiz one year ago. I still remember it. It is a good way to memorise it.
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Lessons - Lesson 1 the alphabet   Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 7:55 am

bfc_xxx wrote:
This is how I learned the cyrillic alphabet from luiz one year ago. I still remember it. It is a good way to memorise it.
Well I'm glad you remember It g
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Lessons - Lesson 1 the alphabet   Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 8:55 am

I'm a little old in the tooth but no harm in trying Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 739492727
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Bulgarian Lessons - The Site   Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 9:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This is my website for the lessons that I am doing on here.
On this site you can download the PDF of each lesson and much more help will be avalible there once it is more developed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Learning Bulgarian   Learning Bulgarian - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Learning Bulgarian

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next