altText

Closing of the Chat Box

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chris

Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Closing of the Chat Box   Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 5:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi Folks

Seems the 'chat box' at the top of the forum is not being used at all (except perhaps one or two posts per day).

So, we ask you all to vote, to 'use it or lose it' as it takes up space on Ashley's server that could be used elsewhere.

If we get a 'use it' vote, then please do just that and just put a quick post up in the chat box whenever you are on line.

If we get a 'lost it' vote, then don't come back moaning later that it has been removed [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We will leave the poll one month, and if we don't have sufficient votes to make an informed decision based on our members, then it will be removed.

Thanks
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com

AuthorMessage
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: Closing of the Chat Box   Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:43 pm

I don't mind either way I haven't ever used it because there isn't anyone to chat to Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 3367882216
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Closing of the Chat Box   Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 6:25 pm

Shame with over 800 members we only had just over 20 votes. However, it seems the main vote is:

"
I don't Care"
Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 794030042

So will recommend to Admin the closure of the chat box as this will free up some bandwidth to help speed up the rest of the forum. g
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Closing of the Chat Box   Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:23 am

Its a pity its not used because I think it does have a use but if no one is in there to chat to then its a waste of space so you are right Chris it should go to save space. I'm sure when its gone there will be those asking where it is ? you can't win in some cases Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Closing of the Chat Box   Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:38 pm

I voted to keep the chat box but I don't know why? it just seemed the right thing to do and to hope others vote the same way and perhaps keep it open and use it, I would use it more if there was anyone to chat to but I think the problem is that we all come on at different times of the day and night and then there is the time difference depending where you live so I'm not sure how it could work.
Back to top Go down
neo.bg
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Closing of the Chat Box   Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:21 pm

I voted for keeping the chatbox. Doesn't know the bandwidth issues, in my opinion if the chat box was in a more visible area, or in the main page of the forum, many more would have used this I feel.
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: Closing of the Chat Box   Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:10 pm

The chat box is on the main page at the top, I wouldn't have thought it could be anymore obvious Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 3135333095
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Closing of the Chat Box   Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:16 pm

bigsavak wrote:
The chat box is on the main page at the top, I wouldn't have thought it could be anymore obvious Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 3135333095

We have a lot of ECMs here, so no surprise there. s s s s
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Closing of the Chat Box   Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:00 pm

coriolanus wrote:
bigsavak wrote:

We have a lot of ECMs here, so no surprise there. s s s s

Sorry George what's an ECM? Are you on another planet over there??!! Hey . . . you've pinched all my smilies, I can't put one on now!!
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Closing of the Chat Box   Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:49 pm

we all know its not suceeded as a chat room, people are not always on line at the same time, but people do use it, so why not keep it as a daily report, a quick bit of info as to what your up to or the weather or anything really, i think it will be missed when its gone, close the gate after the horse has bolted is always the way. Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Closing of the Chat Box   Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 10:17 pm

Another possibility is to add a small shout box in the portal its just a place to say a few words. s
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Closing of the Chat Box   Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 10:38 am

Hi Folks

Just to revive this old topic ... as part of our ongoing maintenance and upgrades, the 'Chat Box' has now gone.

Thanks to all who took the time to vote!

Admin and Mods
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Closing of the Chat Box   Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 10:50 am

Thanks for letting us know Chris. Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 570106603
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Closing of the Chat Box   Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm

TBH, it doesn't bother me, but seeing as how the poll closed 2 years ago, I suspect many folk couldn't vote anyway..way before my time of joining the forum.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Closing of the Chat Box   Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 4:05 pm

bgbazz wrote:
TBH, it doesn't bother me, but seeing as how the poll closed 2 years ago, I suspect many folk couldn't vote anyway..way before my time of joining the forum.

I'm not sure the poll ever actually closed to be honest (do you still have an option to vote bazz?).

Anyhow, as the majority of folks were 'not bothered' either way, and as it hardly got used, it was time to go!
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Closing of the Chat Box   Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 4:10 pm

I just read that the poll closed on 11 March 2011 at 6.38 and took that as being a positive 'no' more votes, so I never tried to post my vote. As I said, it was way before my time anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Closing of the Chat Box   Closing of the Chat Box - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Closing of the Chat Box

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next