View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Ryanair discussion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Ryanair discussion   Ryanair discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 6:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

[size=85:g09kenni]novinite 27 May 2010

Ryanair Takes Off to Bulgaria's Plovdiv City in September

Irish low-cost air carrier Ryanair will launch flights to Bulgaria's Plovdiv airport in September this year, a deputy minister has announced.

“The company has certain requirements that airports should meet, including low fees,” Economy and Energy Minister Ivo Marinov announced on Thursday.

Ryanair representatives visited Bulgaria last month, conferred with Transport Minister Alexander Tsvetkov and visited Plovdiv airport to finalize an agreement.

According to Plovdiv airport executive director Doychin Anguelov the attraction of low-fare air companies is part of the airport strategy to increase its passengers and revenues.

Ryanair has been planning to launch flights to Plovdiv airport for several years.

Plovdiv became even more attractive for air companies as of April 1, when its fees were sharply reduced and stand three times lower that the fees at the airport in the capital Sofia. The low fees will be in forced for two years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RYANAIR PRESS-CONFERENCE   Ryanair discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:55 pm

Well done, varnagirl - never saw that before. Should be censored, of course..............
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: RYANAIR PRESS-CONFERENCE   Ryanair discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:50 pm

s

Thanks Varnagirl - Fecking fab! Ryanair discussion - Page 4 2381841692 Ryanair discussion - Page 4 2381841692

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RYANAIR PRESS-CONFERENCE   Ryanair discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 9:03 pm

Ryanair Celebrates New Route to Bulgaria with All-In Low Fares

The world's largest low-cost airline, Irish company Ryanair, has released 1 million GBP 6 seats to celebrate the recent launch of a new route from London Stansted to the Bulgarian city of Plovdiv.

These low fares that include all taxes and charges will be available on over 500 of Ryanair's European routes but must be booked on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] before midnight this Thursday. They will be valid for travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays in December and January.

The Ryanair flights from London Stansted to Plovdiv will be available twice a week – on Tuesdays and Saturdays. One-way fares will start from GBP 32.99 including taxes. The flights provide easy access for Britons to the ski slopes of Bansko and Pamporovo.

"
We're delighted that Ryanair is bringing Bulgaria's increasingly popular Bansko and Pamporovo ski regions closer to home with new flights to Plovdiv,"
commented London Stansted Airport's Paul Haynes.

Ryanair has said it may increase the number of flights to Plovdiv in the near future and will also consider the opening of lines from Bulgaria to Spain and Italy, where there are large numbers of Bulgarian immigrants.

Ryanair has been planning to launch flights to Plovdiv airport for several years.

Plovdiv became even more attractive for air companies as of April 1, when its fees were sharply reduced and now stand three times lower that the fees at the airport in the capital Sofia. The low fees will be in force for two years.

Bulgaria, which attracted a number of low-cost carriers thanks to its accession to the European Union and fast economic growth in the years right after its entry, is expected to continue to see the expansion of their market share.
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: RYANAIR PRESS-CONFERENCE   Ryanair discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:50 pm

More good news I see lets hope it lasts for the people who need these flights you would think that the Bulgarian government would give them some sort of subsidy for a few years in order to gain interest from tourists .
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RYANAIR   Ryanair discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:07 am

No-Frills Ryanair to Open New Route from Bulgaria's Plovdiv to Barcelona

The world's largest low-cost airline, Irish company Ryanair, is about to announce a new regular line from the Bulgarian city of Plovdiv to Barcelona, Spain, local media reports.

The news will be broken officially on Wednesday, while the new flight line will be launched at the end of March 2011. The flights will be served twice a week.

The General Manager of Plovdiv airport Doichin Angelov confirmed reports that a new regular flight is about to be launched, but refused to give any details.

Currently, Ryanair performs flights from Plovdiv Airport to Stansted Airport in London twice a week - on Tuesday and on Saturday. One-way fares start from GBP 32.99 including taxes. The flights provide easy access for Britons to the ski slopes of Bansko and Pamporovo.

Ryanair has said earlier this year it may increase the number of flights to Plovdiv in the near future and will also consider the opening of lines from Bulgaria to Spain and Italy, where there are large numbers of Bulgarian immigrants.

Plovdiv became even more attractive for air companies as of April 1, when its fees were sharply reduced and now stand three times lower that the fees at the airport in the capital Sofia. The low fees will be in force for two years.

Bulgaria, which attracted a number of low-cost carriers thanks to its accession to the European Union and fast economic growth in the years right after its entry, is expected to continue to see the expansion of their market share.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: RYANAIR PRESS-CONFERENCE   Ryanair discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:39 am

Great news for flying into Plovdiv, my only worry is taking my bagpipes with me, Ryanair's charge for violins was very high and my bagpipe case is very big, maybe if I played Amazing Grace they would give give me a concession!!!
Ryanair discussion - Page 4 1995268642 Ryanair discussion - Page 4 2381841692 Ryanair discussion - Page 4 2381841692
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RYANAIR PRESS-CONFERENCE   Ryanair discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:44 am

I do believe bona-fide musicians do get discount for their instruments when flying. s s s s s
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RYANAIR PRESS-CONFERENCE   Ryanair discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:46 pm

[size=55:3s1armuk]novinite

Ryanair Annuls New Line from Bulgaria's Plovdiv to Barcelona

Irish company Ryanair annulled the line from the Bulgarian city of Plovdiv to Barcelona, Spain a month before it was scheduled to start operating.

The Plovdiv airport said Wednesday that the regular line was supposed to be launched on March 27. Tickets for the flights were on sale since December 2010.

"
The Plovdiv Airport is expecting a proposal by Ryanair for an alternative destination. The company will contact all clients that have already bought tickets,"
a statement on the website of the airport says.

The reason for the preliminary annulments of the new line is the termination of the five-year contract between Ryanair and the Barcelona Girona Airport.

The new Catalonian government has not approved the agreement between the carrier and the airport, which was announced at the end of 2010.

As a result, Ryanair annuls its flights from the Girona Airport to 18 destinations, including Plovdiv, London, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Ibiza, Madrid, Oslo.

Another 17 lines will suffer a reduction of frequencies of flights. The reason is that Ryanair will pull out five of its aircraft from Girona and will place them at other locations in Europe.

"
Ryanair sincerely regrets that the new Government of Catalonia has failed to honor the recent five year extension of our base agreement at Girona Airport despite the fact that it was consulted on its detail by the outgoing Government. Sadly, this will lead to significant traffic and job losses at Girona,"
the official statement by the carrier said.

Currently, Ryanair performs flights from Plovdiv Airport to Stansted Airport in London twice a week - on Tuesday and on Saturday. One-way fares start from GBP 32.99 including taxes. The flights provide easy access for Britons to the ski slopes of Bansko and Pamporovo.

Ryanair said in 2010 that it may increase the number of flights to Plovdiv in the near future and will also consider the opening of lines from Bulgaria to Spain and Italy, where there are large numbers of Bulgarian immigrants.

Plovdiv became even more attractive for air companies as of April 1, 2010, when its fees were sharply reduced and now stand three times lower that the fees at the airport in the capital Sofia. The low fees will be in force for two years.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RYANAIR PRESS-CONFERENCE   Ryanair discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 8:55 pm

[size=55:xr9lu7ub]novinite

Ryanair Opens New Milan Bergano Route to Bulgaria's Plovdiv

Irish company Ryanair announced that it will open a new twice-weekly service from Milan Bergano to Plovdiv in Bulgaria which will commence on 7 May.

The flights will be serviced on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

The company recently dropped plans for a line from the Bulgarian city of Plovdiv to Barcelona, Spain, which was supposed to be launched on March 27. Tickets for the flights were on sale since December 2010. The flights to Milan Bergano is the alternative destination the company offers to its clients.

The reason for the preliminary annulments of the new line is the termination of the five-year contract between Ryanair and the Barcelona Girona Airport.

The new Catalonian government has not approved the agreement between the carrier and the airport, which was announced at the end of 2010.

As a result, Ryanair annulled its flights from the Girona Airport to 18 destinations, including Plovdiv, London, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Ibiza, Madrid, Oslo.

Ryanair said in 2010 that it may increase the number of flights to Plovdiv in the near future and will also consider the opening of lines from Bulgaria to Spain and Italy, where there are large numbers of Bulgarian immigrants.

Plovdiv became even more attractive for air companies as of April 1, 2010, when its fees were sharply reduced and now stand three times lower that the fees at the airport in the capital Sofia. The low fees will be in force for two years.

Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: RYANAIR PRESS-CONFERENCE   Ryanair discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Good news for anyone who wants a holiday in Spain or anyone from Spain wants a holiday here
Back to top Go down
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user
mike&tanya

PostSubject: Anyone used the Ryan air Stansted-Plovdiv yet   Ryanair discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:46 am

I dropped tanya off at 4.30 this morning at Stansted for her 6.30 flight, its years since I have used Stansted but it all seemed fine this end. I am waiting to here from her about the Plovdiv end, but a friend of ours used it recently and said it was fine.
As I live in North london Stansted is good for me this end, and our place( her parents) in the village (Kliment) is only about half an hours drive away from Plovdiv, so if its all ok we will probably use this route in future, even though I have reservations about Ryan Air. I usually use the BA flight from Heathrow to Sofia and although I like this route and BA , it would be more convenient for us on the Ryan Air flight (if its ok).
The other good thing is we leave our car with friends in Karlova so even when we are heading for the apartment in Pomorie we always stop at Tanya,s parents on the way overnight, and then have the last week of the holiday back in Kliment.
If anyone is interested I will keep you posted as to how it all went.
Back to top Go down
Pavingslabsbg
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Anyone used the Ryan air Stansted-Plovdiv yet   Ryanair discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Ok Mike,so it's the 23rd and that journey should have gone well.I have used the route and it went perfectly to plan.The flight was bang on time both ends despite me worrying about the fog at Plovdiv!
The National Express coaches are very easy to pick up and the coach station is very pleasant and right outsude the terminal.
The only problem is Ryan Air are extemely strict on hand luggage.I had no problems,but felt very sorry for the passengers who were picked out by some jobs worth at the boarding gate!This in mind it's worth making sure that you follow the rule of strictly ONE piece of hand luggage and follow the size dimensions very carefully as you get stung with heavy fees if Ryan Air decide you have to check your luggage in.
The other annoyance was the Ryan Air cabin crew,as they kept trying to hard sell their goods...not helpful on an early morning flight when you have had no kip!
All in all a good route and my oh my,Plovdiv airport has certainly changed for the better since 2007!
Ryanair discussion - Page 4 2581928987
Back to top Go down
http://pavingslabsbg.com/
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Anyone used the Ryan air Stansted-Plovdiv yet   Ryanair discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 8:58 am

I used them a long time ago and never had any problems but some friends of mine who used them did complain about the constant interruptions from the staff trying to sell you stuff but my experience was all good.
Back to top Go down
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user
mike&tanya

PostSubject: Re: Anyone used the Ryan air Stansted-Plovdiv yet   Ryanair discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:34 pm

Spoke to Tanya on wednesday , she said she was very happy with the flight and also Plovdiv airport, so it looks like this could be the way to go in future. But I do no what you mean about the luggage, while i was waiting at the check in with her I saw loads of people desperatly rearranging there luggage, trying to make it lighter.
I was a bit worried, as in all my years of flying, I have only been charged extra for excess weight once and that was due to Tanya finding more and more space in the cases and not thinking about how much it weighs. She seems to get away with it with BA, all they seem to do is put a heavy sticker on the case. I would not mind but we probably have more clothes out there than we do in England, I could probably travel with just hand luggage, but i guess women will be women. Ryanair discussion - Page 4 794030042
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Anyone used the Ryan air Stansted-Plovdiv yet   Ryanair discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 11:08 pm

s

Thanks Mike for the update, I am sure many of our members will be delighted to hear that excellent news.

When we flew with Ryanair we only took hand luggage and it is surprising how much stuff you can actually fit in a rucksack and still under the 10kg. We are ok until Dougie decides he needs two pairs of trainers plus the ones he is waring Ryanair discussion - Page 4 3135333095 But hey Men will be men eh Ryanair discussion - Page 4 1865348797

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryanair discussion   Ryanair discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ryanair discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next