Choosing a place to live

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Judybaby
Junior user
Junior user

Choosing a place to live - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi, My name is Judy and my partner Brian and I are looking to move over to Bulgaria in 2010.

We've been doing a lot of research on the net, and are coming over in Feb to have a proper look We are having difficulty deciding what area to focus our search on. We know we do not want to be on Sunny Beach etc, but would like to have lovely warm summers (warm enough for a pool), be near the dramatic mountains and don't mind snow in the winter.

Having gone through several "
plans"
(I think we're on about f or g now!) we need an area to live in all year round and that we can run a small guest house.

Any suggestions of the ideal area of this beautiful country would be welcome.

Look forward to being bombarded with ideas!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
karenpenny

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:18 am

I agree with Pavlova about people being biased towards their area of Bulgaria and indeed the village that they choose to live in. Nick and I did some research before we came and decided to look in the Bourgas area and the Yambol, Elhovo region. We are happy here.
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:53 am

So where did you choose to live in the end Karen and why? oh and whats it like where you live? sorry to be so nosy
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:24 pm

I live in VT but i prefer Ruse ,
Back to top Go down
karenpenny

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:53 pm

It's seems I am damned if I do say something and damned if I don't tell you about the area I live in lol. As a REA of course I am going to promote the area's we sell in, however we cover an extensive area, including Varna, Sunny Beach, Haskovo etc etc but we have chosen to live in the Yambol region. When we first considered moving to Bulgaria we planned to become developers and so we were looking for an area that would appeal to the masses and we chose this region as it was just over an hours drive from the airport at Bourgas and the same to the coast, it was also accessible to Turkey and Greece just one hour to the border of Turkey. being in the South East it meant that the temperatures would be slightly higher also. Companies are re-locating here developing sights for solar panels, we are protected from winds from the Balkan mountains and because of the plains are accessible during the winter in the snow,. The people here are friendly, helpful and kind and most enjoy making friends with British.
I have answered this as a resident not as a REA as I have not lived in the other regions that we have on our books so feel unable to comment in as much detail.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:58 pm

I live in Kotel, and, mmm I love Kotel

Twice weekly open air markets, surrounded by stunning scenery, all facilities (hospital, paramedics, post office, police, shops, bars, restaurants, etc.).

A lovely town, very friendly and high on the list of 'places to visit' with the tourists.

Oh, and only about 1.5 hours from Bourgas airport.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
karenpenny

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:02 pm

I have visited Kotel Chris more than once and love the Revival style of houses and indeed the scenery is stunning
Back to top Go down
Pavlova
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:03 pm

Chris we visited Kotel but I dont think we found the main centre.Have you any pics of it?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:04 pm

woo hoo ... thanks Karen, we live in a revival style house!

right in the middle of the old town, two minutes walk to the town centre and two minutes walk to open parkland ... perfect.
Back to top Go down
Pavlova
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:06 pm

We live in a revival style house too complete with very ornate jamals.Have you got those in yours?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:12 pm

Pavlova wrote:
Chris we visited Kotel but I dont think we found the main centre.Have you any pics of it?

Hee Hee Pavlova, the centre is a bit hidden ... usually people follow the signs and end up at the park or museums!

Here's a few pics of the centre:

The carpet and rug museum:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Orthodox Church (lovely inside):

The Arts and Crafts Museum:

The Town Hall:

One of the local Mehanas:

Yearly Folk Dance Competition:

View from my office window:

My house now for sale as I have to get nearer an airport for a contract later this year ... if anyone is interested, contact me. Renovated Monument of Culture in a historic site ... can't get better than that!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Pavlova
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:33 pm

Yes we probably did miss the best bits!!! Looks very much like Elena actually .Lovely pics Chris thanks
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:33 pm

Hi Chris I must have missed the centre and ended up in the tourist part but that was worth the visit anyway but I would have loved to seen the centre here's some of my pics

Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
carriemc
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:06 pm

I don't live in Bulgaria but have a house in Yambol and love it!

Handy for Greece & Turkey, beautifully tranquil and not too far from the coast either (usually end my hols with a couple of days at the seaside!).

Everyone on every forum slates REAs but I bought through Karen's agency and was more than happy with service, price paid etc. Plus whatever they made was not enough for the on-going help & support I have received to this day (some 5 or is that 6 years later!).

Hope you find what you are looking for wherever that is!

Caroline
Back to top Go down
Judybaby
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 6:09 pm

Oh Chris, did you have to put a picture of the carpet & rug museum on here!

Brian is "
The Rug Man"
here, and makes rugs and mats from Axminster carpet off cuts which he sells on the markets. Thought that was kinda funny to see

Maybe he should bring all his equipment with us (he won't be amused if I suggest it!) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Can't wait to get over there and starting looking for real

Judy
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 6:30 pm

Hi Guys

Sincerely hope you do find your dream home keep a note of all the places suggested and just visit when you go in Feb stay overnight if you can jsut to get the feel for the place - but you will know the one dream place when you see it.

All the very best of luck to you both

Oddy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Choosing a place to live

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next