France Named Best Place to Live, Bulgaria Ranks 44

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

France Named Best Place to Live, Bulgaria Ranks 44 Empty
PostSubject: France Named Best Place to Live, Bulgaria Ranks 44   France Named Best Place to Live, Bulgaria Ranks 44 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:35 am

[size=75:38ptuj70]novinite 6 January 2010

Bulgaria is the forty-fourth best place in the world to live, according to a survey released January 5, with France topping the list for the fifth year in a row.

International Living magazine's 30th Quality of Life Index surveyed almost 200 countries across nine categories, including cost of living, culture and leisure, environment, safety and risk and culture and leisure. France topped the list for the fifth consecutive year, beating Australia and Switzerland;
which took second and third place respectively.

Bulgaria ranked forty-fourth, preceded by Slovakia and followed by Cyprus.

"
In France, life is savored,"
said International Living publisher Jackie Flynn, as cited by the Independent. "
I don't think anyone will argue that France is one of the most beautiful countries in the world, where there is so much pride in all the small details. The French love little window boxes filled with flowers, tidy gardens, pretty sidewalk cafes, and clean streets. Cities are well tended and with little crime."

Australia jumped up the ranking from fifth to second place on the strength of its economic recovery, whilst the US dropped from third to seventh place, with International Living claiming that "
sustaining the 'American Dream' has escalated out of the reach of many"

Sudan, Yemen and Somalia came last.

Of the top ten, New Zealand and Canada had the highest (best) cost of living score and the US has the highest infrastructure score, followed closely by Belgium. Germany had the highest environment score whilst Italy, Australia and France shared the highest climate scores.

Bulgaria had one of the highest risk and safety score.

This sort of thing always interests me I wonder how they do this ? I personally don't think figures like this can be relied on
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: France Named Best Place to Live, Bulgaria Ranks 44   France Named Best Place to Live, Bulgaria Ranks 44 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:56 pm

If you have a look at this [url=http:
//www1.
internationalliving.
com/qofl2010/:yij8j6mh]CLICK[/url:yij8j6mh] you can have a good read about it all
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: France Named Best Place to Live, Bulgaria Ranks 44   France Named Best Place to Live, Bulgaria Ranks 44 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:11 pm

44 ? thats very disapointing I can remember not so long ago when Bulgaria was at the top

sarah
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: France Named Best Place to Live, Bulgaria Ranks 44   France Named Best Place to Live, Bulgaria Ranks 44 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:27 pm

I wouldn't pay to much attention to this sort of thing I believe you have to live somewhere to make statements like this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: France Named Best Place to Live, Bulgaria Ranks 44   France Named Best Place to Live, Bulgaria Ranks 44 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1