Choosing a place to live

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Judybaby
Junior user
Junior user

Choosing a place to live Empty
PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:38 pm

Hi, My name is Judy and my partner Brian and I are looking to move over to Bulgaria in 2010.

We've been doing a lot of research on the net, and are coming over in Feb to have a proper look We are having difficulty deciding what area to focus our search on. We know we do not want to be on Sunny Beach etc, but would like to have lovely warm summers (warm enough for a pool), be near the dramatic mountains and don't mind snow in the winter.

Having gone through several "
plans"
(I think we're on about f or g now!) we need an area to live in all year round and that we can run a small guest house.

Any suggestions of the ideal area of this beautiful country would be welcome.

Look forward to being bombarded with ideas!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:55 pm

Hi Judy and Bryan I'm no expert but if your looking for the warmer parts of Bulgaria I would say in the extreme south-west part of Bulgaria ,near the towns of Sandanski and Petrich these two places I know have some of the warmest climates in the country, but I'm sure there are other places too I just don't know them but I'm sure someone will who has more knowledge than I do

ATB
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:08 pm

You might want to also look at the region round Elhovo and the Rodopes which has some lovely mountains, when I say Elhovo I don't mean the town but round it, its not to far from the Turkish border

Last edited by 1 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:09 pm

Hi Judy and Brian

I've replied in your other topic about the area we live in.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:14 pm

God damn it Chris you beat me to it I was just going to suggest Kotel , I think its my age its slowing me down anyway Chris is right its a lovely place, but then so is most of Bulgaria
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Judybaby
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:03 pm

Thank you all you lovely people for your help, will look at those specific places for inspiration
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:06 pm

Good luck with your search and I hope you find your dream place in the sun

sarah
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:25 pm

I've spent many years visiting Bulgaria and looking at the above advice I'd say you can't go far wrong with whats been said
Back to top Go down
anglachanka
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:08 am

Hi Judy

Well I have lived in the north west of Bulgaria for the past 5 years, not too far from Montana, Vratsa, Vidin, Lom and Pleven and I love it here. There are mountains around the Montana, Vratsa area (the Balkan range and Stara Planina) plus we get lovely long hot summers and plenty of snow in the winter, so true seasons.
There are lakes and rivers up here also of course qnd you can have a pool wherever you choose to live, so no problem there.

This is an area often overlooked, but is up and coming and has many lovely placs to live and visit.

Get in touch if you fancy a look around here and I will point you in the right direction.

Good luck with whatever you decide
Back to top Go down
Pavlova
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:21 am

Hi Judy,

We are all biased about the areas we choose to settle and live.You wont go far wrong in our area of Elena..We are in the heart of the Stara Planina mountains with hot summers and snowy winters.The town of Elena itself is very cosmopolitan and vibrant and during the summer is awash with Bulgarian tourists .There isnt a spare bed to be found during the summer hence many bulgarians are doing up thier village houses for rent.Also its popular during the winter months with Bulgarians from the coast and Sofia.Elena has beautiful fishing lakes and waterfalls nearby.We have two rental cottages with a pool and it was our first season last year which we were very pleased with. Also we are only 40mins from the city of Veliko Turnovo and about an hour to Kotel,Jeravna and the Blue Stone rocks[forgot the BG name for them] Ive put pics on the website if you want to have a better look. We are approx 2hrs from Bourgas airport and two and a half to Varna due to new roads through the mountain pass..
I would say its ideal for a B&B and well worth a look.
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:40 pm

I hope this topic continues because it gives members like me a chance to hear this kind of information directly from those who live there whereas an REA will really tell you anything so thank you for this, just had a look at your site pavlova and it looked great why don't you ask ashley to include it in the members web sites

Judybaby
Back to top Go down
Pavlova
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:12 pm

Some more advice Judy and Brian...Try to avoid REA .Its quite easy to find a house and buy direct from the owner.Pick a village you lke and ask the Mayor whats for sale.You just need a good solicitor/conveyancor who is trusted and we all know of those in our own individual areas..If you wanted something ready to move into thier are loads of bargains about at the moment too.
Thanks for your kind comments re the website by the way.Its a work in progress and keeps me busy over the winter months..
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 8:12 pm

If you need to run a B&B i would say Ruse is a good place to start . If you get trade from Romania the people have a more disposable income and shop in Ruse as it is cheaper , also Bucharest Airport is not that far away , and there is a big new shopping mall going up in Ruse . I mean in the centre of Ruse not a village this way you will make a living .
Back to top Go down
JACK SPARROW
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:14 am

The Rhodopi mountain range which borders Greece and down near enough to Turkey,better climate..40c last year,winters are short and rarely drop below 0c,less than 2 hours to 3 seas !.Stunning mountains and lakes,a conservation area with many surprising wildlife,usually only seen on TV.
Research,research,research
Dont come in February if i was you,you might be laid up at your digs,because of snow,there again it might be t-shirt weather ?If you can come over again in May/June it would show a different season and be more 'enjoyable' unless you like ski-ing.
There are many things to 'look out for' and problems to be had,if not researched enough,BULGARIA is truly a wonderful,beautiful country BUT can also be disapointment and a mistake for some.
Back to top Go down
Judybaby
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:49 pm

Thanks for all the info guys/gals. Keep the comments coming, it is really interesting to hear all your different ideas and suggestions.

Judy

Above smiley is Devon today!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Choosing a place to live   Choosing a place to live Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Choosing a place to live

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next