HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
the_lawyer

The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort? Empty
PostSubject: The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort?   The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 4:29 pm

I want to ask you for an opinion: Where do you think is the best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort?
I am asking this question, because I have two my favourites (one winter and one summer) but it is interesting for me to collect more impresions.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort?   The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 4:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

the_lawyer personally for us it has to be the village outside the town. Life is tranquill and easy going. Everyone knows each other too. Resorts are way too busy, ok for a day out. The city, well wonderful for a shopping trip.

Oddy
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort?   The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 4:50 pm

the_lawyer wrote:
I want to ask you for an opinion: Where do you think is the best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort?

Interesting question.

I've been visiting Bulgaria since the 1980's, and when we first moved here we lived in Sofia as this was the best choice for our business.

However, Sofia is a typical 'capital' or even big city. People are busy, quite rude, lots of noise, lots of cars, etc. Same problem with most cities.

We now live in Kotel, in a listed building, surrounded by mountains. People are friendly, the air is fresh, things are quiet. But of course, this has the other side that the city offers (I can't just walk out at midnight and eat in a restaurant).

When we lived in France (10 years) we lived in a remove village ... again some good points (quiet, fresh air, lots of land) but this causes other problems (having to drive every day for fresh bread, etc.).

I think all of the above have pros and cons and it depends on personal values!

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
the_lawyer

PostSubject: The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort?   The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:00 pm

Well, people in village preferably do not speak English, if you want to go to cinema or a nice restaurant - you have to go to the closest bigger town. The same is with the library or bookstores :) The roads are not perfect too
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort?   The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:22 pm

Sorry I can't help here but I will be watching this as a potential buyer
sarah
Back to top Go down
Suzee
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort?   The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:25 pm

A rural village is the best place for me. I've never wanted to live in a city and like the peace and quiet of village life.

Admittedly village life isn't for everyone and each person is entitled to his/her opinion or preference.
Back to top Go down
Vic S
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort?   The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:38 pm

Hi Lawyer,

We have a home in a remote village in the Rhodopi mountains where no one speaks English,its not a problem we bought it and had it renovated by local craftsmen to its former glory.

I'm a Yorkshire man (short arms and deep pockets) and soon learned the basic Bulgarian words for wall,roof, floor, wood and how much (колко струва). Тhe locals are still amazed 5 years on that we prefer their little village to the city or coast.

Its the simple stress free environment where the water is crystal clear and the air pure with a fragrances of the mountain pine forests and pastures along with the main reason- the villagers.

Everyone has different reasons for buying in Bg some like the cosmopolitan big cities others prefer the coastal or ski resorts .
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort?   The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:48 pm

Hi Lawyer for me it has to be the village I find that the towns and cities of the world tend to be full of faceless people who are always too busy to even say hello, even in the uk I lived in a Cottage with only 2 neighbors for 7 miles and the nearest shops were 9 miles away, I always think its easier to go to the hustle and bustle of the Cities than it is to get away from it, so for me the small quiet village life is better and if I want to go to a Restaurant then I get in the car and the same for a library etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort?   The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:08 pm

I live in Ledenik which is only 4K from VT so we have the best of both worlds . We also have a flat in Ruse . Being a x London boy i like a lot of people now and again .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort?   The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The best Bulgarian place to live - city, village or resort?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1