Postal Services?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
weasle
Junior user
Junior user

Postal Services? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Postal Services?   Postal Services? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section but I couldn't find anything more appropriate:

What is the main postal service called in Bulgaria?
I've searched on line and it seems to come up with private couriers.
Neither have I seen post offices mentioned much (possibly not at all) on the forum.
Is there a site I can check postage prices etc on? Not important to many I know but it is relative in my situation.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Village post   Postal Services? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:45 am

Carmen wrote:
I should think if you are from a very small village then they probably only open when they have something to open for, typical Bulgarian mentality .

I think you could be right carmen our village is much the same only small and po opens when they like.
Back to top Go down
mbco
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Village post   Postal Services? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:47 am

Yea I agree Carmen. Problem is, when they do decide to open, theres a que a mile long and no-one seems to be in a rush to do much.

I'm not complaining really though, I think this country is great and wouldnt change it, just get a little frustrated sometimes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mbcofoodstores.com
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Village post   Postal Services? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:49 am

I know the feeling Mark I to have the same problem but now after several years I'm kinda use to it and would find it very strange if it were to change although my parter would welcome the change he hates having to que
Back to top Go down
cowshed-sarah
Super user
Super user
cowshed-sarah

PostSubject: Re: Village post   Postal Services? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:52 am

Isn't that what Bulgaria is about.........................Queuing Postal Services? - Page 2 2381841692
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Village post   Postal Services? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 11:05 am

We live near Yambol and are always having problems with when the post office decides to open the problem is we never know when they are open and generally mis it so some of our mail is weeks old by the time we get it. Postal Services? - Page 2 2581928987
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Village post   Postal Services? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 2:23 pm

We have a simular problem here in our village. First everyone met at the post office room in the next village to collect their pension, then they changed that so the post office clerk came to the tiny shops in the two villages to hand out the pensions and the electric bills. Then they changed that again, so now they all go back to the post office which is only open to pay out pensiions and take money for bills one day a week. You cannot post a letter there, we have to travel 15km to post a letter. Postal Services? - Page 2 3998065313
Back to top Go down
BGBound
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Village post   Postal Services? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 2:33 pm

We must be lucky in our village ( pop.200 ) the post office opens 3 days a week 9-1 . If the post lady has any mail at the office she calls me on my mobile and I go and collect it . Postal Services? - Page 2 2581928987 Postal Services? - Page 2 1763269238
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Village post   Postal Services? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 2:41 pm

Our's seems to be open when it's supposed to, but they have certain times to pay bills and if they haven't come in you have to go to town to pay. Letters and ordinary parcels come either by post lady or neighbours, occasionally Dave will call in as he's passing. There are about 600 residents I think.

Sara
Back to top Go down
mbco
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Village post   Postal Services? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 4:28 pm

Well I'm glad it's not just us the have the problems Postal Services? - Page 2 2581928987, it seems the larger the village, the more call there is to have a reliable post office. Its the older folk that have my sympathy as they are unable to get to other larger villages to pay there bills, although I'm always happy to help them when i can.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Village post   Postal Services? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 4:53 pm

Carmen wrote:
I should think if you are from a very small village then they probably only open when they have something to open for, typical Bulgarian mentality .

Same here Carmen - our Postmistress was attending choir practice in the middle of the day when I called at the PO a week ago!! She did come out and waved to me and shouted "
ne post"
though.
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: Village post   Postal Services? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 6:10 pm

Do they have post in Bulgaria Postal Services? - Page 2 3998065313 Postal Services? - Page 2 1865348797 Postal Services? - Page 2 1865348797
Back to top Go down
mbco
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Postal Services?   Postal Services? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 4:42 am

Quote :
Do they have post in Bulgaria Postal Services? - Page 2 3998065313 Postal Services? - Page 2 1865348797Postal Services? - Page 2 1865348797

Only if your lucky!
Back to top Go down
weasle
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Postal Services?   Postal Services? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 5:39 am

Do I take it from this thread that no one gets post delivered but it has to be collected from the village post office?
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Postal Services?   Postal Services? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 7:28 am

We used to collect it, but now the post lady delivers it and either shoves it under the gate or chucks it onto a ledge over the wall if it won't fit, unless Baba Danka or neighbour Venka are in there when there is post for us. If you have important post it is probably best to tell the post person you will collect it yourself, or if they deliver have a proper lockable box. I think that some villages don't do post though so it would be best to ask before expecting anything.

Sara
Back to top Go down
weasle
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Postal Services?   Postal Services? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 7:47 am

Thanks.
In rural France they tend to have personal post boxes and the system usually works very well.
They also, in some departments (but I'm not sure if all) have a system whereby you can put stamped post into your mail box and the postperson will collect as well as deliver.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Postal Services?   Postal Services? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Postal Services?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next