Bulgaria Liberalizes Postal Services Market

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Bulgaria Liberalizes Postal Services Market Empty
PostSubject: Bulgaria Liberalizes Postal Services Market   Bulgaria Liberalizes Postal Services Market Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 1:44 pm

[size=55:13rtnyxu]novinite 03 November 2010

Amendments in the Postal Services Bill, effective January 1, 2011, eliminate the monopoly of the Bulgarian Posts on small parcels – less than 50grams.
The cabinet approved Wednesday the amendments to include mostly the letters market, estimated by the Commission for Communications Regulation at BNG 30 M.
The amendments provide for loyal competition and opportunities for other businesses wishing to provide letter mailing services without legal obstacles, the government's press release informs.
In addition to the Posts, there are now 4 other operators of mailing services in Bulgaria – "
Tip Top Courier,"
"
Ekont Express,"
"
MIBM Express,"
and "
Star Post."

The amendments were prompted by an EU directive, providing for the full liberalization of postal markets in Member States by the end of 2012.
According to the Bulgarian Bill, the Postal Services would remain the main operator for the entire country for the next 15 years and would be subsidized by the State budget when they incur "
unjust financial burdens."

The initial plan was to open the market in the beginning of 2009, but on the concerns of the Posts that private competition would take over its most lucrative segments, it was postponed by 2 years.
Right now parcels under 50 grams form one fifth of the postal revenues.
The Posts say they are trying to introduce new services to make them more competitive such as international money transfers, sale of transportation fares, delivery of medications, opening postal counters in supermarkets, on-line retail and others.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
scooter

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Liberalizes Postal Services Market   Bulgaria Liberalizes Postal Services Market Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:23 pm

Could be good news but it just means that there will be others who have the option to steal your post Bulgaria Liberalizes Postal Services Market 794030042
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Liberalizes Postal Services Market   Bulgaria Liberalizes Postal Services Market Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:03 pm

How true that it is Scooter I have had plenty of experience of not receiving post so now as I see it the odds are even greater Bulgaria Liberalizes Postal Services Market 3998065313
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Liberalizes Postal Services Market   Bulgaria Liberalizes Postal Services Market Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:05 pm

I don't think I've lost any mail to my PO Box, but notice that mail from the UK can be here in a couple of days, but Sofia might take three weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Liberalizes Postal Services Market   Bulgaria Liberalizes Postal Services Market Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1